Falcon and Winter Soldier SEASON 1, EPISODE 5: TRUTH (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'MCU Limited Series on Disney+' started by Donner, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Fosterson Registered

A pretty crucial difference though is that T'Challa wasn't in the Panther suit in the fight at the Task Force facility.

KevTravels and javonstokess like this.
  2. RockSP MYTH SMITH ˆž∞!!!

Panther's strength and fighting abilities don't come from his suit, though.

Tyler77 likes this.
  3. Gaultheria Registered

I think there's much more emotional impact -- to people in-universe -- when the hero's face is visible during times of action. Captain America always has a human face, whereas Iron Patriot's pilot is usually fully encased.

First Avenger and RockSP like this.
  4. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Here’s the thing I feel bad that Isaiah got the blunt end of the stick from the military back in the day. However Steve in the first avenger was expecting to get court marshal for disobeying military orders in fact when he returned he turned himself in to Col. Phillips. He gets the recognition of hero from the Soliders around him and in turn the government used that as a platform for the war.

What I’m saying is The Government is using Steve as a maskott of the coat tails of Steve’s heroic accomplishments .

5. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Exactly even Tony thought the Iron Patriot rebrand of War Machine was ridiculous and just an attempt of the US Government to save face from the embarrassment of being useless in the Battle of New York.

KevTravels likes this.
  6. Punisher_MAX Ol' Painless

I'm not seeing it, I mean how boring would it be if he is just OP and beating everyone with ease? He took out the flagsmashers easily once he knew they were Super Soldiers. He also cleared out a bar without breaking a sweat against multiple armed assailants. We also don't know much about the new SS Serum, the dr said it was perfected and efficient, could be giving Walker a bigger boost for all we know.

Either way, I think he's fine.

RockSP, Silvermoon and WatchProtect like this.
  7. KevTravels Registered

It reminded you of that? Wasn't it blatantly obvious?

8. TeeKay Registered

I disagree. Steve is a better fighter than Walker. I do agree though, I think he should have had a tougher time taking on both Falcon and especially Bucky.

9. Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

I agree with everything you said but it sucks for me :csad:. I was really looking forward to seeing Bucky go all winter soldier on this show (if he doesn't get in on his own show I wander where he'll get it). hopefully he gets a good kickass scene in the finale.

10. Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

That makes sense.

javonstokess likes this.
  11. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

It was not. The more blatantly obvious allusion is to John Travolta dancing with Olivia Newton John in Grease during the hand jive dance off and then that other woman cutting in so that he's temporarily got two dance partners before ONJ storms off. :o

DJ Kornphlake likes this.
  12. Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

So after watching it a few more times (or, more accurately, watching certain bits a few more times **cough**alltheBuckyscenes**cough**), the boat scene, the "next morning" where Bucky comes down to the dock (after seeing Sam's nephews playing with the shield), to me it feels like there's a tension in that scene as they're working on the engine (or is that the water pump?) between Sam and Bucky, or maybe not tension but just an uneasiness (that given the previous day's 'good energy' working on the boat, seems weird to be there). Little bit later, as their working with the shield, Sam brings up Bucky still having nightmares. As I got to thinking about this, I don't think Bucky ever told Sam about the nightmares.

Now, as a Vet himself as well as a former VA counselor, yeah he probably could've guessed that Bucky was having nightmares, but then I also think about the start with which Bucky woke up with... not as violent a one as we saw in episode 1, but he did wake with a gasp and a start (and for a brief moment had maybe a 'where am I' look before he saw the nephews). So I don't think his sleep that night was a restful one and Sam may have seen it (for example when he got up to head to the dock in the pre-dawn hours, he may have noticed Bucky on the couch not exactly sleeping well). Sam, being the good counselor that he is, just lets Bucky start to help, tells him what he needs him to do on the boat and doesn't bring up the subject with Bucky. Instead he waits until a moment when Bucky himself has chosen to open up about what's going on with him before he gives him his counselor's advice about how he might be able to get the nightmares to stop.

yes, some of that may be just my headcanon (but one I'm perfectly happy to live in :oldrazz: ) and reading too deeply into things - feel free to disagree if you do ;) , but (to me) it's just one more "yay" moment for showcasing Sam's VA Counselor background (that I was kind of missing in the earlier episode(s)).

Hope that all made sense (apologies if it didn't)

13. Kev4000 Registered

With the final next friday, I like to ask what are the after credits scene will be propably? From the most likely to might not gonna happen:
    • Walker calls Val with the card?
    • Reveal of the Power Broker (bridge to Shang Chi)?
    • Zemo breaks out from the Raft?
    • Some tease for Armour Wars
    • A scene in Wakanda

14. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

15. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

No, the prison he was in seemed to be a more normal one. My guesses are as follows:

1. After several years of imprisonment, they moved Zemo to a more normal maximum security prison, because he was well behaved, non-superpowered, and didn't seem to be a flight risk.

2. Wakanda is returning him to US and/or international authorities as a show of good diplomatic faith. "Hey, here's your escaped villain. Your welcome."

javonstokess likes this.
  16. Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

The identity of the power broker should be revealed in the show.
    I don't think Zemo wants to break out. I think we'll get a post credit scene with him, but I don't think he breaks out, we'll probably get Ross or Fury recruiting him for thunderbolt series. I hope we get a wakanda scene.

17. djsunyc Registered

if we get a power broker scene, it'll either be the 1st scene of the episode or a post credit scene.

i can also see a scene where we see walker arrested and put on the raft...and we pan to see zemo in the next cell.

18. Zarex Registered

I see Iron Patriot more as a display of US military might, a weapon used for intimidating America's enemies both foreign and domestic. Captain America, however is a symbol of our nation as a whole. He's the guy making speeches, doing interviews, signing autographs and making adorably dorky PSAs.

19. Kev4000 Registered

Imagine with Zemo can do with someone like Walker having all the "time and patience" he needs. :hmr:

Schlosser85 likes this.
  20. Zarex Registered

I
    Though the scene was handled very well, I am hoping we see this in live action at some point. In the comics Bradley stole an old Cap suit to wear before heading off on his rescue mission. Maybe one of the top military brass overseeing the black American super soldier was able to procure Steve's old USO suit? And Isaiah liberates (and modifies) it before liberating his comrades?

21. djsunyc Registered

Isaiah limited series would be great. you know that nurse is someone like peggy carter or something and he swore her to secrecy.

Deck Rickard likes this.
  22. AVEITWITHJAMON Badass Cloud

Yeah I would love to see some flashback scenes with Isaiah

Deck Rickard and Bren like this.
  23. Fosterson Registered

I guess that's what they call "white privilege".

KevTravels and javonstokess like this.
  24. Shinobi Shaw Hellfire Club's Black King

Great visual representation of white privilege. That conversation really made the whole episode, if you couldn’t feel and see where Bradley was coming from then you just don’t get it. Steve and Bucky even got to retain their youth, Bradley just got a rickety house in ratchet ass Baltimore (no shade to Maryland people).

This is why the MCU keeps winning: top notch superhero stories all the while mixing it with real life parallels.

Lencho01, KevTravels, Shuri and 2 others like this.
  25. Black Is King Registered

white privilege and systemic racism summed up in a few lines and gifs.

Lencho01, KevTravels, Shuri and 4 others like this.