Season 1, Episode 6 "AKA You're a Winner!" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Discussion in 'Jessica Jones' started by Pwoper Nereguar, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Xclaim

Xclaim Registered

Keep in mind, Luke is not upset with Jess because she killed his wife. He understands what Kilgrave made her do thanks to his talk with Malcolm. What he found unforgivable was her not telling him the truth despite sleeping with him multiple times and the fact that they were developing feelings for each other. He would've been better off if Jess just kept her distance until she was ready to just tell him.

Add that to the fact that it took Luke trying to murder an innocent man for Jessica to finally confess. What if she had gotten there too late and Luke had just killed this poor guy for nothing?

I'm not saying Jessica doesn't deserve forgiveness for what she did, but she made her choice to let herself get close to Luke and still not tell him. He has every right to be pissed at her.

2. MilkmanDan

MilkmanDan Registered

True. The big issue here isn't so much that Kilgrave made her kill Luke's wife. It's that Jessica had sex with Luke knowing that she was keeping a secret that would most certainly keep Luke from consenting to sex with her if he knew all the relevant facts. Luke has every reason to feel not just betrayed but violated.

#27 MilkmanDan, Dec 17, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  3. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Best episode yet for me, loved Luke finally being in on Kilgrave, and it was great to see Jessica and him cut loose in the warehouse for once. Also, their confrontation at the end, damn. I thought they had equal strength up until now, but Jessica had no chance of stopping Luke there with her powers alone. She HAD to tell him the truth, but the fact she waited until that moment must have made it even worse for Luke, such a great way to finally get what she was forced to do by Kilgrave out in the open with the person she seems to care about most.

And then that ending, wow, Kilgrave is down right scary and creepy, thought he was turning a corner when he didn't use his powers to get the house, but that soon wore off, and man when his intentions were revealed, crazy.

Definitely best episode yet for me.

4. HFK

HFK Registered

Tenant can be a really great actor when he has a good writer. I loved DD but Fisk just never totally clicked with me.

I like your style.

The first few eps just really didn't do much for me. After 4 I actually took a few weeks off, wasn't even sure when I'd watch the rest. I finally watched 5 on Friday and the show seemed so much better, there was actually some things happening. Watched 6 last night and now I really want to see the rest.

5. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

Now I just need to think of a drink for Luke Cage's show.

6. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yes, very good episode. Kilgrave is one creepy son of a *****. What's all this about making your villains grey? This guy is a straight up ************!

Great drama between Luke and Jess too.

7. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

:up: