Season 1, Episode 6 "The Eye" (Spoiler Thread)

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Last Week, on Clem...

Bad milk,
FGZdyhL.gif

a communist manifesto,
S79OZs6.gif

and the scariest villain in the galaxy.
c55fnev.gif

And now, Wait, Mothma has a full grown ash child now?!?!?!

IUc9nRY.gif

Best episode of the season so far. So much tension throughout the episode that it kept me glued to the screen

The visuals for this show are top notch and look absolutely beautiful

It was expected that not everyone from the group would survive but still sad to see them go

This show is so f***ing gorgeous to look at, my goodness.

And of course, just when I start warming to the crew, they break-up. :funny:
It's funny, I think the biggest shortcoming for this arc is that I wasn't feeling the team - and then suddenly I was feeling it once they were doing the mission and what happened afterwards. Really good episode, and yeah, it looks gorgeous and feels very tactile.

Are they going with the stuff happens every 3 episodes formula? :D Good to get an episode paying off the build up, and finally the crew are growing on me. It wouldn't suit the Disney+ model but I'd much prefer getting 3 episodes at a time to binge on this. I think it would make the show seem better to others too who are more on the fence.

"One path... one choice. We win or everyone dies."

"...seven years serving you, I deserve worse than that."

[TIE-FIGHTER PILOTS ENTERING TIE-FIGHTERS]

...pour one out for a real one, Nemik.

DEVERON shoutout.

Holy, that 'climb' and escape was intense - my gut felt like I was watching the end of Midsommar.

Last edited:
It's funny, I think the biggest shortcoming for this arc is that I wasn't feeling the team - and then suddenly I was feeling it once they were doing the mission and what happened afterwards. Really good episode, and yeah, it looks gorgeous and feels very tactile.
Once the shooting started within the hold/storage area... started getting Rogue One finale dread/sadness.

It's insane how cinematic this episode was, and I love how they are able to almost seamlessly blend in all the various environments and set pieces to make it all feel familiar in the SW universe yet unique at the same time.

Seriously, this show just isn't getting enough credit for what it is and that's something very different than what a lot of us are use too when it comes to this franchise which is super refreshing IMO.

It’s funny how Gilroy has given us the first post-sex scene and now first urinating scene in SW… ha.

This is through and through a top notch show. I loved Obi-Wan but damn this show looks like a movie when the former should've as well. The limitations of the volume are becoming glaringly obvious.

A much better episode this week. The heist this week was good. I'm glad they stayed only on Aldhani until the heist sequence was over. And we only checked in with the other parties to see them realizing that the Rebels struck a blow on the Empire. The way they built up the tension to the start of the raid was really good.

On some level, I kind of understand Skeen's logic, even though he was a scoundrel. However, manipulating the group to go to the doctor was all just a ploy so he could make a play for the money. Andor was smart to just get rid of him right there. And yet he let Syril live. Idiocy. But Skeen was arguably not much different from Andor. Just wanting to survive and get his cut. The difference is Andor was willing to just take what he was promised and give the rest to Vel.

Problems with this week's episode:

* The deaths of Lt. Gorn and Taramyn weren't impactful enough. They didn't even spare another shot looking back at Gorn who gave his life to help them and turn against the Empire. Think about this. This was an Imperial Officer who grew to hate what he had become. He could no longer stomach working for these people. This character had a ton of potential. I'm not saying he shouldn't have died, but his death was just abrupt and lacked impact.

* I feel at least Taramyn's death had slightly more impact this week. They at least showed them looking back at his body after he got blasted. But even his death wasn't very dramatic enough considering this show has been heavily building the drama.

* Only Nemik really had an impactful death this week. My problem with Nemik is they were putting up death flags for him all the last three episodes, so it badly telegraphed that he was going to die. That said, at least his death was impactful, and I have a feeling that Nemik's manifesto will be part of the trigger that brings Andor fully over to their cause.

* I'm assuming Cinta had some sort of exit plan, but she doesn't seem safe considering she was left on her own, with an officer's disguise or not.

If only all Star Wars was made this well.

Damn that was the best 40ish minutes of Star Wars in a long time but even had time to through in some gorgeous shots to boot. This is kind of how I imagined a more serious SW show to be, dont get me wrong, plucky, jovial robots have their place in this universe but they are so over used as comic relief in this series it was nice to go a few episodes with out one.

Diego Luna is fast becoming one of my fave tv actors, he is so compelling as Andor and the way he gunned down Skeen without a second thought was cold but in a good way, he knows what it takes to survive in this universe which feels far more dangerous and cut throught than any other attempt at SW underground. You cant even trust the Rebels these days, sheesh.

It was a simple heist story but it was executed to perfection and those MGS opening vibes underwater, were just perfection.

I find it tragically fascinating, watching Mothma's family disintegrate, lol. I think they could more than tolerate each other until the Empire rose, and their differences started to become HUGE, and now they're clearly miserable together. But yeah, that marriage is deader than a door nail. I bet they're not forkin either. Couldn't be me tho

Such a goddamn big smile on my face with all the shots of the TIE Pilots. Not gonna try to deny my fanboyism was showing.

The actual heist was fun, especially once it started. I sort of laughed at Vel's fear of heights at the jump. Also, the Empire has real issues with dealing with underwater approaches to their bases, don't they?

And in an episode of absolutely gorgeous shots, I think my favorite one was of the Senate. There is something absolutely chilling about the last remnants of the Republic, even with it only being a formality, being practically abandoned by its members. Just an absolute chilling reminder of the fascism of the Empire.

I'm also a bad person for wanting Sinta to kill her captives. I actually thought Nemik, sweet summer child, was going to make it. I was surprised he made to escape in the ship. Now, how they killed him was a great twist.

And in an episode of absolutely gorgeous shots, I think my favorite one was of the Senate. There is something absolutely chilling about the last remnants of the Republic, even with it only being a formality, being practically abandoned by its members. Just an absolute chilling reminder of the fascism of the Empire.
Tarkin brags about them dissolving the senate in five years, but it looks like the senate dissolved itself. :o

Pretty good episode. The Tension was great but felt sad for Nemik. And Andor shooting Skeen was nicely done! But I bet next weeks episode will go back to the slow crawl and tons of exposition.

Amazing episode, the best so far of this already great show. A Star Wars bank heist. Absolutely incredible and so well done. The visuals are insane as well. The Eye was absolutely gorgeous. This episode for me was one of the best things Star Wars period.

The TIE sequence was beautiful. This was a big step up after the last two episodes for me at least.

If only all Star Wars was made this well.

Damn that was the best 40ish minutes of Star Wars in a long time but even had time to through in some gorgeous shots to boot. This is kind of how I imagined a more serious SW show to be, dont get me wrong, plucky, jovial robots have their place in this universe but they are so over used as comic relief in this series it was nice to go a few episodes with out one.

Diego Luna is fast becoming one of my fave tv actors, he is so compelling as Andor and the way he gunned down Skeen without a second thought was cold but in a good way, he knows what it takes to survive in this universe which feels far more dangerous and cut throught than any other attempt at SW underground. You cant even trust the Rebels these days, sheesh.

It was a simple heist story but it was executed to perfection and those MGS opening vibes underwater, were just perfection.
One of the good things about Rogue One and Andor is they really delve into just how dangerous and morally grey a lot of the Star Wars Galaxy is. You understand why the Galaxy is populated by so many scoundrel like guys such as Han Solo, Lando and Andor.

Skeen was in a similar mould as the self serving cynical character Benicio Del Toro played in The Last Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"