House of the Dragon Season 1, Episode 6: "The Princess and the Queen"

The time jump is finally here! Could be tough getting used to at first.

The time jump is finally here! Could be tough getting used to at first.
After this there's probably one only more actor switch for the newly introduced kids though. I'm quite excited to see how tension has been building. :D

I’ve been sort of bored the last couple episodes but this one was a good watch!

I loved this episode so much and my god did it feel like classic GOT, especially all the paternity drama which I know is only going to get crazier after this episode and I'm so here for it lol.

All the stuff with the kids is great drama too and I hope we get more scenes of them taming/choosing their dragons because that's the kind of GOT stuff that I've always wanted to see in this show.

Little scenes like that just add so much to the overall mythology and worldbuilding and I can't help but eat it up and what makes it even better is all the compelling/engaging character drama surrounding it.

Also, damn Viserys is looking straight up like Emperor Palpatine now.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd probably quit watching if this wasn't connected to GOT. The timejumps make the whole show feel disjointed. They introduce characters and kill them off without getting you to care about what's happening. In restropect, a handful of GOT Season 1 characters were all about the setup, but D&D/GRRM got you to care about them without it feeling like they're rushing through a checklist of events.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd probably quit watching if this wasn't connected to GOT. The timejumps make the whole show feel disjointed. They introduce characters and kill them off without getting you to care about what's happening. In restropect, a handful of GOT Season 1 characters were all about the setup, but D&D/GRRM got you to care about them without it feeling like they're rushing through a checklist of events.
The time jumps are confusing, I am not so into the GoT that I watch after shows and read up before the week so I have no clue these time jumps are happening. I can't say I know most of the characters names either haha since they just haven't done enough to make me care. I was expecting them to be kids the whole time but is this just trying to eventually get to Mad King stuff?

Viserys in this episode:

B8-CA7-E55-9004-4-E3-C-9044-5-BAF7782-B187.jpg

Also, Alicent has a lot of nerve giving Rhaenyra crap for having bastard children. We all know who Aegon’s real father is. :o

C160-C196-9988-4-A0-E-8-BB6-EE0182-FE185-C.jpg

I would like to seen a scene of Corlys reacting to the offspring of his son and Rhaenyra
Criston has a lot cojones being a **** to Rhaenyra kids at some point he needs to let that go lol
but loved him being checked by the father

I understood Alicent's point of view up until this episode, quite a jarring and almost comical turn into outright deranged.

Her treatment of Rhaenyra is especially bizarre as all she has to do is sit back and let the rest take care of itself. We already know Rhaenyra will have a problem becoming Queen and she's been clearly reckless with her behaviour, so I don't get why Alicent went on the outright attack.

Im soooooo pissed! Leana was a HDIC! in such a little amount of screen time that I wanted to see more of her and see her play the game of thrones! Having her be so great, have the biggest dragon, only to die in this episode was....im livid.

I've been a big fan of Rhaenyra the first 5 episodes but it is/was so stupid of her to think that she could have children that looked nothing like her husband and think that EVERYONE would just bat an eye. I know she's always been cocky but I thought she was smarter than that.

I was ready to love Sir Leanor but....he's a cry baby. He finally got a good wig and it took away the personality.

so in GOT Biology do all the men have the dominate genes for appearances? All of the princess kids have brown hair but she has the Targaryan white hair. All of Allicent's children have white hair despite her being a clear red head. Clear to know a kids a bastard haha but damn.

so in GOT Biology do all the men have the dominate genes for appearances? All of the princess kids have brown hair but she has the Targaryan white hair. All of Allicent's children have white hair despite her being a clear red head. Clear to know a kids a bastard haha but damn.

Yeah it's ridiculous that none of her genes came through in her sons. At least 1 have 1 come through with white hair

I'm a bit confused regarding the dynamic between Aemond and his siblings. Is he the second oldest? Why was he the one being picked on, and why has he apparently been denied a dragon's egg? Why was Alicent so upset over the prank with the pig?

Is anyone else having trouble rooting for or connecting with anyone in this show? I liked Alicent and Criston for the most part (even after he went full psycho last week) but this episode changed that. I get that Westeros is full of unsavory people but I don’t know… at least the original series had people who TRIED not to be total ****s most of the time. Everyone in this show is just kind of an awful human being and the ones that aren’t tend to get killed off rather quickly.

Is anyone else having trouble rooting for or connecting with anyone in this show? I liked Alicent and Criston for the most part (even after he went full psycho last week) but this episode changed that. I get that Westeros is full of unsavory people but I don’t know… at least the original series had people who TRIED not to be total ****s most of the time. Everyone in this show is just kind of an awful human being and the ones that aren’t tend to get killed off rather quickly.
I took three weeks off after the terrible brush off of The Crab Feeder, and caught back up - ugh. This is so boring and uninteresting. The only highlights were Matt Smith having fun, but the past episodes he's mostly just stewing in the background.

Industry has more consequences, emotional drama, and pure bliss of entertainment and that's simply a show about a few kids working in the UK stock market doing drugs. It's baffling how hard it is to watch this show's writing between characters and the lack of plot compacting of said arcs after watching industry's second season. To me, Industry or even Succession is an easier comparison than Rings Of Power concerning plot/characters (which I also think is way better than this - and I was never a LOTR guy). It's a bit sad... I was really wanting to enjoy GOT again, which I fully haven't since the finale of s5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"