House of the Dragon Season 1, Episode 7: "Driftmark"

Based on that preview the battle lines seem a bit lopsided. Fascinating to see how it plays out.

Looks like excitement next week!

While the plot went in predictable directions it was still fun to watch. :)

It's very rare I pump my fist in relief with Game of Thrones, but was anyone else as relieved or elated at the end of this episode?
For him? Yes. From what it says about the showrunners feeling on the characters? No.

One of the things I do not like with this show so far, is the romanticism of the Targs. I feel like the show thinks they are the "heroes" here, even as you know, they are the ones inbreeding leading to some predictable results and starting all the internal quarrying.

So far, the most "sympathetic" character, is Alicent. The woman just tells the truth repeatedly, and is continually told she's a liar and to shut up. Even by the "punk rock" Rhaenyra.

Yas Olivia Cooke, earn that Emmy, YAAAAASSSS!!!
This is definitely Olivia’s Emmy submission episode.
Olivia Cooke is worth watching the show for. Thank the Maker for that, because after Milly left, I was worried everyone was going to just be boring to watch. :funny:

This episode was wild and it seems like next week will be ever more so. Can't wait!
Only one more before episode 9...

Olivia Cooke is worth watching the show for. Thank the Maker for that, because after Milly left, I was worried everyone was going to just be boring to watch. :funny:

Only one more before episode 9...

As an Olivia fan since Bates Motel, I’ve been dreaming of times like this. :D

While the plot went in predictable directions it was still fun to watch. :)
My brother cracked up at the timing of the guards showing up to "save" little Aemond. It reminds me of the early days of GoT, when I knew everything and my brother didn't. :hehe:

Lawd and I thought last week's episode was great, but this was on a whole other level. Easily the best episode of the season so far and Olivia Cooke absolutely dominated this episode and deserves Emmy recognition.

I already had a feeling I was going to love this episode after the first 15 minutes which was super somber and dreary yet beautiful at the same time because we got to see so many of the characters in a vulnerable place.

I know I've said this before, but those little character moments really do matter in a show like this where even just seeing people's facial reactions to a character's death says more than actual words.

I just thought that was a great way to start off this episode not to mention all the other awesome stuff that happened like that EPIC Vhagar sequence, the kid fight or that intense confrontation between Alicent and Rhaenyra.

This episode was just perfection IMO.

The change with Laenor's death might be a bigger mistake, or maybe they plan on doing something with this big change. The whole point of his death was to allow Rhaenyra and Daemon to marry. Now that Laenor isn't actually dead, their marriage is illegitimate and doesn't strengthen her position at all. Also Seasmoke would not just let Laenor sneak off and leave him. They are bonded, his dragon would follow him and give away that Laenor is out there. I think this change from the book was a bad choice. We shall see what happens later on, when they try to bond Seasmoke to another rider.

Other than that everything else was good. The fight with the kids was very well done, the escalation ramped up nicely. I now know what those ropes on Vhagar were used for, it is a ladder. I still don't really like Vhagar's head design, doesn't look very dragon to me. But the rest of Vhagar is great.

I still don't really like Vhagar's head design, doesn't look very dragon to me. But the rest of Vhagar is great.
Yeah it's something I'm adjusting to as well. Vhagar's head looks a little odd but I like that they're incorporating different designs for the dragons to make them more unique since Drogon, Rhaegal and Viserion more or less looked the same but with different colors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"