Season 1, Episode 8 "Cold Steel" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Discussion in 'The Punisher' started by flickchick85, Nov 17, 2017.

1. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

[​IMG]

EPISODE 8: "Cold Steel"

Use spoiler tags when discussing the events of any future episodes.

2. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Well-Known Member

The big thing here is clearing the air with the sexual tension between Sara and Frank/Pete Cast(iglion)e. There was the moment where the cameras were down where I thought things might be consequence free, but I'm glad they weren't. I'm also glad it didn't go further than it did. The scenes after with drunk Micro worked well (although Frank has already seen David naked, unless he wasn't paying attention earlier). I like that there is a seeming easy solution (going to Madani), but it won't happen because Frank is the Punisher and everybody has to die.

The other plot, flushing out the bug, was quite cool. It's noteworthy that a lot happens over there, including a big shootout, and Frank has absolutely nothing to do with any of it. The ending was creepy. Four and a Half Stars.

3. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

Geeez. What is this? Suddenly it turned into a soapy mess. My husband is too busy.Sorry I didn't mean to Kiss you. No I don't like your wife. Yada yada.

4. righthooksrus86

righthooksrus86 Well-Known Member

It was painful for sure, I cringed when they started making out...But the last six episodes made up for it for me...Next season please just give us The Punisher.

5. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

So, did Billy kill is mom or not?

Wasn’t feeling the love triangle but it was obvious that it would happen.

Was surprised about Micro’s son.

The shootout scene was entertaining. I guess Billy ain’t gotta worry about paying those dudes any more money. Dude really as no loyalty.

Was really hoping Sam would survive the show. At least say that Billy was involved.

6. henry_9305

henry_9305 Well-Known Member

I think he made sure to kept her alive so he could keep on torturing her for abandoning him.

7. Speed Force

Speed Force Your phone's charged

A lot when on in this episode. Poor Sam, I really liked him :csad:

The stuff with Frank and David's son was good.

Bernthal's "My man" > AquaMomoa's though :hehe:

8. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Aright. I wasn't sure since he was all "See you next week" and then later on talking like she wasn't around with Madani.

I'm never going to not thing of AqumMomoa whenever I hear "My man." :woot:

9. chamber-music

chamber-music Infinity Ammo

Bernthal said attaboy a few times throughout the season as well.

10. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Sigh... Just copy paste something about slowness and your dislike every time you post. It'll save time.

#Lifehacks

11. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

On no Sam. :csad:

12. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Yeah me too.

Yeah I liked that. The whole drama with Frank and Micro's family is really interesting. Must be crazy watching your family on CCTV from afar.

:funny:

13. Babillygunn

Babillygunn Tag team champion

For me, this episode could've been cut. Really, the runaway stars of this series is Barnes and Bernthal. Not having them interact, even in flashback is disappointing. But man, I want jigsaw vs Punisher.

14. dmcreif

dmcreif Well-Known Member

Seriously, Sam? You couldn't wait for Dinah to get there before approaching Russo? [shaking head]

15. dmcreif

Also, when Billy was hiring those PMCs for the DHS ambush, he was definitely at the same warehouse where Cottonmouth shot Detective Scarfe.

16. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

He might've been following protocol by trying to secure the suspect and tie his hands. Not sure what protocol is for Homeland field agents in such a scenario.

17. dmcreif

You would think in a very heated situation like this, that waiting for another officer to show up to cover you while you secure the suspect would be the safe approach.

You'd also think Dinah would bring much more manpower to the shootout. By which I mean, lure the squad into a more open space with no hiding spots and completely surround them with 20-30 armed SWATS (plus additional help from the NYPD), snipers and helicopters and all exits covered. Then again, they probably weren't expecting a black-ops trained death squad that were willing to shoot it out with the police, because I think 99% of criminals when confronted with a fully-equipped tactical unit tend to surrender right away. And it's also rare to expect an elite squad of mercenaries who are willing to fight to the death to run around on US soil. They were expecting a group of armed organized crime hitmen who might shoot back, not ex-military black-ops types. And all of Billy's men did seem like they were willing to drop their weapons and surrender, given they hesitated and seemed about to give up, but Billy decided what would happen by firing the first shot.

18. KingCheops

KingCheops Well-Known Member

He sure as hell was not. He moved around to the front of the suspect and moved in to remove the suspect's balaclava.

He was golden for getting the suspect to put his hands behind his head and then kneel. But his next step would have been to either cover the suspect until such time as back up arrives or else restrain the hands. He was too eager to see who he caught.