Season 1, Episode 8: "Holding the Wrench" (SPOILERS)

I think Jonathan got the best deal of anyone in that family. From his dad's side, he gets perfect health and a long lifespan, and from his mom's side he gets a normal social life with everyone around him. Just like humans, Kryptonians didn't evolve to live in a world of cardboard, and Jonathan doesn't have to endure the stress of being careful and isolated all the time the way his dad and brother have to be.

How do we know he enjoys perfect health and a long life span? Have they said that before in a previous episode? Does he ever get sick?

How do we know he enjoys perfect health and a long life span? Have they said that before in a previous episode? Does he ever get sick?
On the Krypton series, a medical computer declared that Seg's and Nyssa's newly-conceived son would live for "173 cycles". Different universe from S&L, and the computer didn't say "Earth years", but I think that the TV audience is meant to interpret this as a long life compared to a human's. I'm assuming, too, that after many, many generations as a high-tech society, Kryptonians corrected all heritable diseases in their genome.

In this week's episode of S&L, we don't know why the miscarriage happened; the cause might not have been genetic. Even Jordan's mood disorder could be due to too much of a good thing, in the form of misophonia stemming from undiagnosed early-onset super-senses, rather than to a cause more straightforwardly identifiable as an illness.

On the Krypton series, a medical computer declared that Seg's and Nyssa's newly-conceived son would live for "173 cycles". Different universe from S&L, and the computer didn't say "Earth years", but I think that the TV audience is meant to interpret this as a long life compared to a human's. I'm assuming, too, that after many, many generations as a high-tech society, Kryptonians corrected all heritable diseases in their genome.

In this week's episode of S&L, we don't know why the miscarriage happened; the cause might not have been genetic. Even Jordan's mood disorder could be due to too much of a good thing, in the form of misophonia stemming from undiagnosed early-onset super-senses, rather than to a cause more straightforwardly identifiable as an illness.

What was Nyssa Al-Ghul doing on Krypton? I'm guessing Seg must be Josh Segarra who played Adrian Chase. :o

Okay, finally figured out why Lois' therapist was sooo familiar to me. I know her as the ex-wife in The Santa Clause movies. That was really bugging me.

Not appreciating the BvS flashbacks I just got, ngl.

E3Si17WVIAAJSkJ

Hoechlin's Superman probably flashbacked to the pilot and was thinking "I couldn't save Martha".

At least they didn't go there.

Damn...this was...damn. Easily the most emotional episode of the series so far. Tulloch - who I usually don't consider all that good - brought it. I mean really brought it. This was her episode. I'm genuinely impressed that the show made an attempt to address the trauma surrounding miscarriages and how it can affect people even a decade (or more) later.

The Sarah plotline, by contrast, was both a waste of time and out of place. Following an impactful scene of Lois opening up to her therapist with some kid singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (or whatever the bad place it was) was a horrible decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"