Season 1, Episode 8: "Holding the Wrench" (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by flickchick85, May 14, 2021.

?

What did you think?

1. 10

6.3%
  2. 9

31.3%
  3. 8

31.3%
  4. 7

25.0%
  5. 6

6.3%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

How do we know he enjoys perfect health and a long life span? Have they said that before in a previous episode? Does he ever get sick?

2. Gaultheria Registered

On the Krypton series, a medical computer declared that Seg's and Nyssa's newly-conceived son would live for "173 cycles". Different universe from S&L, and the computer didn't say "Earth years", but I think that the TV audience is meant to interpret this as a long life compared to a human's. I'm assuming, too, that after many, many generations as a high-tech society, Kryptonians corrected all heritable diseases in their genome.

In this week's episode of S&L, we don't know why the miscarriage happened; the cause might not have been genetic. Even Jordan's mood disorder could be due to too much of a good thing, in the form of misophonia stemming from undiagnosed early-onset super-senses, rather than to a cause more straightforwardly identifiable as an illness.

3. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

What was Nyssa Al-Ghul doing on Krypton? I'm guessing Seg must be Josh Segarra who played Adrian Chase. :o

4. Sithborg Registered

Okay, finally figured out why Lois' therapist was sooo familiar to me. I know her as the ex-wife in The Santa Clause movies. That was really bugging me.

Lencho01 likes this.
  5. herolee10 No More Miracles

[​IMG]

6. Dark Raven It's not about what you deserve...

Hoechlin's Superman probably flashbacked to the pilot and was thinking "I couldn't save Martha".

7. LL2K2 Maid of Might

At least they didn't go there.

8. Boy Scout Registered

Damn...this was...damn. Easily the most emotional episode of the series so far. Tulloch - who I usually don't consider all that good - brought it. I mean really brought it. This was her episode. I'm genuinely impressed that the show made an attempt to address the trauma surrounding miscarriages and how it can affect people even a decade (or more) later.

The Sarah plotline, by contrast, was both a waste of time and out of place. Following an impactful scene of Lois opening up to her therapist with some kid singing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" (or whatever the hell it was) was a horrible decision.