Season 1, Episode 8 - "Relevations"

Discussion in 'Black Lightning' started by Pennywise, Feb 27, 2018.

?

Rate this episode!

1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4

5. 5

6. 6

7. 7

8. 8

9. 9

10. 10

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Pennywise

Pennywise Well-Known Member

TRAINING DAY - Black Lightning (Cress Williams) works with Anissa (Nafessa Willaims) to help find information to clear Black Lightning's name. Jennifer (China Anne McClain) begins interning for Lynn (Christine Adams). Meanwhile, Gambi (James Remar) finds himself in a precarious situation. Marvin Jones III and Damon Gupton also star. The episode was written by Jan Nash and directed by Tanya Hamilton (#108). Original airdate 3/13/2018.

Read more: Listings - BLACK LIGHTNING on The CW | TheFutonCritic.com http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20180222cw05/#ixzz58LTaZtvH

2. NotNickFury

NotNickFury Well-Known Member

At the very least, it's nice that at least Anissa's training isn't limited to at home, but she's got Jefferson with her in the field to teach her how to control her powers. Feels very hands-on that way.

3. Saitou Hajime

Saitou Hajime Well-Known Member

This thing with Lala and LaWanda is getting weird.

4. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

It was a good episode! Im kind of dissapointed about the meta-human reveal Did they test it all around the world or do meta's just primarily come from this small town? I need a meta-lit world!

The training scene and forest scene with father/daughter was just great and I am so excited that Jennifer is getting her powers!

5. <(o_o)>

<(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!

For now Black Lightning takes place in its own universe so powered people are very isolated in this show.

6. vantheman77

vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Glad to see Jefferson training Anissa to become Thunder. It's best for Black Lightning to stay in its own universe. Same with Supergirl.

7. Pennywise

Pennywise Well-Known Member

So many villains coming in and it's only the first season with the return of LaLa, Tobias, and now the ASA!

8. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Really enjoyed Jefferson going into teacher mode. You can clearly tell he is an actual teacher, unlike other superhero training moments we see.

9. Guard82

Guard82 Well-Known Member

All of those scenes with Jefferson and Anissa were fantastic. This episode did a great job with their father-daughter team-up.

10. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I am kind of impressed that they went full on racist for the reasons of the experiments in Freeland. Should've been expected, but they did not hold back.

11. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

Why are the ASA showing up and how will they be a threat?

What do the Amateur Swimming Association want with Jefferson Pierce and his family? Are they in too deep?

Nice that Jennifer isn't keeping her powers all to herself but is sharing it with Anissa. I'm guessing next episode she'll learn about the rest of the family and they'll know about her?

12. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

The Lala and Lawanda stuff just still has me so confused. It’s wild.

It was cool seeing some training and Jefferson’s excitement. Wonder how he’ll react to having two daughters with powers.

13. Dark Raven

It was hard enough training one daughter. Now he's got to train two? His wife should've had powers too. Then they could be No Ordinary Family.

14. famicommander

famicommander Well-Known Member

The mom can't have powers because somebody has to be the wet blanket. The "grounded" member of the family.

15. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

... I was actually a fan of that show.

16. Dark Raven

In No Ordinary Family, the mom (Julie Benz) had powers and was still the wet blanket. It was only by the very final episode where they all decided to team up and use their powers together. Before that, it was only Ben Grimm who was using his powers mostly.

Not sure if the son did much (he might have), but Danielle Panabaker's sister was pretty much in denial of hers. And Julie Benz was overly cautious. So when they finally teamed up, it was too little too late.

In Black Lightning, they're already working together and the mom is supportive of Anissa getting training and learning how to fight.

The mother here doesn't need really extraordinary super powers. Just something to protect herself. She can mostly be the brains though. Maybe they should give her Gambi's role as the armourer/ equipper. Where she'll get those skills from though is anyone's guess.

17. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

I liked the training sessions. Even Laughed at the holograms used..

Especially that whole shower scene.. WHY would she in any reason, have a possible romantic interest in someone who killed her??

AND i wonder, WHY WERE they using this town as the test bed??

I am not, it just seems they are really trying to push the 'white man = evil' angle too much. Heck the only 2 white folks we've seen (gabby, and the stoner who worked with Tobias) seem to be bad guys. YES gabby aids BL, but with all the hidden secrets its really making it hard for me to SEE how BL can trust him now..

I agree. I don't think mom needs to get powers..

18. javonstokess

javonstokess Well-Known Member

Looks like they are doing a variation of the "Tuskegee Experiment".

I'm very impressed that they've done a good job of staying away from the "Meta of the Week" formula the rest of the Arrowverse follows.

19. Chance Jackson

Chance Jackson Well-Known Member

I think LaLa's "Lawanda" might be an entity like Nekron in disguise