Season 2, Episode 10: "Bizarros in a Bizarro World" (SPOILERS)

So is Bizarro Lois going to sing "And we are living in a Bizarro world and I am a Bizzaro girl"?

Oh, **** this looks great.

April 26th

5d6e6d510ad85efeef2444f79925f0f7.gif

I wish they'd just delay the season premiere a few months so we wouldn't get so many of these.

Bitsie is resembling more like Margot Kidder.

When Superman is front and center, all is right.

History is made with Bizarro World!

This felt like one of those one off multiverse comics and in that sense, it was pretty cool. The pacing in this episode was off though which definitely threw me off. No Clark Kent in Bizarro world, I see.

An important episode for the rest of the season but a little too all over the place for my liking

I really enjoyed the episode and thought it was mostly worth the three week wait even though it wasn't perfect and maybe had some pacing issues here and there, but I was never bored during it.

Bizzaro world was definitely an interesting side quest for this season, and I would not have minded spending more time there even if I thought it was kind of amusing that pretty much everyone was just emo versions of their normal selves although Bitsie Tulloch looked pretty hot with her new look IMO.

For me, this episode fell flat. The setting was interesting but not engaging, and I think that's because of two missteps this season has made:

1. The threat is nebulous.

We still don't know if Ally's old family legend about the medallion is correct, nor why combining counterparts from the two universes should bestow power on the merged being, or what that power is, or how any of the characters or their ancestors could already know about it. The threat is just dangerous and powerful and bad, or so we've been told repeatedly.

2. Lack of a charismatic villain.

Last season's villain, Tal-Rho, showed charm and humour and vulnerability. We could empathize with his loneliness and his drive to carry the burden that his father forced on him. That's a character. Ally seems like a background extra with a few lines of expository dialogue.

In terms of their roles in this season's main plot, the characters just aren't pulling me in. I'm finding the secondary plots and character arcs more entertaining.

Really enjoyed this episode.

The opening bits where Clark first arrives at Bizarro World were gorgeously-rendered, imo. The aesthetics overall were hit and miss for me (you could tell the budget was wearing thin on the super-battles in the last act), but that part was glorious.

The Bizarro versions of the characters were a lot of fun. Especially Tal-Rho. I though him and Kal-El having basically the opposite relationship in this world to be a nice touch.

Bitsie has never looked more like Margot Kidder than in this episode, imo.

I enjoy episodes that play with their established format, so the unusual structure and pacing of this didn't bother me in the slightest.

Not sure I totally bought Anderson's complete and immediate 180º on Supes, but given all that he'd just witnessed, I guess they sold it well enough.

I still find Ally effectively menacing so I don't have any problems with her as a villain.

Random observation, but is it me or is the suit actually starting to look worse? I swear it's gotten stretched out beyond repair as it's just looking baggy in so many shots now. I think they need to start from scratch with a new one next season, tbh.

Random observation, but is it me or is the suit actually starting to look worse? I swear it's gotten stretched out beyond repair as it's just looking baggy in so many shots now. I think they need to start from scratch with a new one next season, tbh.
Does the suit look baggy on both of them? Bizarro doesn't take care of his home or his cape, and an ill-fitting loose suit might be a deliberate part of that workaholic addict character design. To my eyes, Superman's suit looks overinflated rather than baggy.

Superman also holds his arms and hands awkwardly forward like the Thermians in Galaxy Quest, probably because of course Superman never slouches. Maybe the arm position is also for preventing the cape from slipping down in front of his shoulders, or because the cape gets in the way of his hands if he lets his hands hang at his sides. Maybe his arms are sort of flying all the time, not weighed down by gravity. (I'm joking, but sleeping astronauts' arms do kind of do that in zero-g.) Anyway, the posture tips Superman just a bit into the uncanny valley, and I don't get that from Clark, so maybe posture contributes to the impression that the suit doesn't fit right.

Does the suit look baggy on both of them? Bizarro doesn't take care of his home or his cape, and an ill-fitting loose suit might be a deliberate part of that workaholic addict character design. To my eyes, Superman's suit looks overinflated rather than baggy.

Superman also holds his arms and hands awkwardly forward like the Thermians in Galaxy Quest, probably because of course Superman never slouches. Maybe the arm position is also for preventing the cape from slipping down in front of his shoulders, or because the cape gets in the way of his hands if he lets his hands hang at his sides. Maybe his arms are sort of flying all the time, not weighed down by gravity. (I'm joking, but sleeping astronauts' arms do kind of do that in zero-g.) Anyway, the posture tips Superman just a bit into the uncanny valley, and I don't get that from Clark, so maybe posture contributes to the impression that the suit doesn't fit right.
Idk, the worst instance of the bagginess that called my attention to it in this episode was when Our Clark first landed in Bizarroworld. When he stands up in the cave, the suit just looks all twisted up and out of whack, like what happens when your clothes are just way too big for you, imo.

Idk, the worst instance of the bagginess that called my attention to it in this episode was when Our Clark first landed in Bizarroworld. When he stands up in the cave, the suit just looks all twisted up and out of whack, like what happens when your clothes are just way too big for you, imo.

I see what you mean. I guess they had to let some of the air out so that he could crouch.

The bored/sleeping security guard lounging on a stacking chair at the entrance to the Museum of Solitude is a nice touch, and maybe a Men in Black reference. At first I thought he must be a robot run by Lara, but there's that one car in the parking lot that must be his.

Generally speaking… I’m not the biggest fan of stories that go too far down the genre rabbit hole. I.e., the Silver Age-y silliness that (allegedly) “works” in comics doesn’t necessarily translate to live action. So I was surprised to find this episode entertaining and engaging. And at a technical level, I thought the world-building and juxtaposition of scenes and characters was fairly impressive. That said… I was at first confused about which version of Supes I was watching (since I was expecting Bizarro Supes to look and act bizarro-y). It took me a minute to figure out that the orientation of the :super: was the key.

I like how in the bizarro world, all the women like to show cleavage haha

Loved this ep. Loooove Silver/Bronze Age (aka the best of Superman) style story, thought the pace clipped along well in spite of a questionable structure in terms of exact placing of backstory flashbacks. Jon was a fun villain.

The differences in the Bizarro El family relationships, compared to our Earth, was really well done. Particularly Bizarro Kal and Lois screaming at each other out the front of the house... Though in no way did I buy that they'd buy that place given their lifestyle, even for a "change of pace".

The suit did indeed look noticeably more terrible than usual. Like, damn. The George Reeves suit had a better fit and more natural padding than this one. I don't get how that's happening.

Though in no way did I buy that they'd buy that place given their lifestyle, even for a "change of pace".

This could be the reason:
The Bizarro versions of the characters were a lot of fun. Especially Tal-Rho. I though him and Kal-El having basically the opposite relationship in this world to be a nice touch.

Like Mr. Edge on Roundworld, Mr. El may have wanted the farm as a cover story so that he could secretly mine green Kryptonite.

How could anyone like this crap?. We went from movie quality effects and story in season 1 to this Lois and Clark 1993 cheese that's up until now slowly started creeping into season 2. The suit looks worse with each episode, the padding is just ridiculous. As someone else said before, the George Reeves suit is more convincing and natural lol. For God sake just bulk up naturally tyler and sort out that pencil neck. Also can we have Superman actually not come across as a weak ass for an episode?. I'm bored with him just acting like simp clark when in Superman mode.

I wish they explained how Bizzaro Superman began to have that cracked white face and raccoon eyes. What happened exactly to cause that look?

It was a fun episode but...I think my biggest thing with this whole Bizarro thing is...he's not really that bizzare and bizzaro world is....apart from being square...not that bizzare either. It's just a gothic version of E1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"