Black Lightning Season 2, Episode 3: "The Book of Consequences: Chapter Three: Master Lowry"

Jennifer telling Anissa that she needs soul food instead of cotton candy when it comes to relationships might be one of the most profound things I've heard on this entire series.

ALSO, maybe I'm just slow on the draw, but I don't think I'd noticed until now that Jefferson was wearing a Superman shirt in that family photo.

Last edited:
I didn't notice.

The scene with Jefferson clearing his office was sad. I like Jennifer's new counselor. And I am liking how slow it is for Henderson and Jefferson to repair their relationship.

Jennifer telling Anissa that she needs soul food instead of cotton candy when it comes to relationships might be one of the most profound things I've heard on this entire series.

ALSO, maybe I'm just slow on the draw, but I don't think I'd noticed until now that Jefferson was wearing a Superman shirt in that family photo.
Interesting, as Supergirl was also mentioned last season; so either Clark and Kara (a version of them at least) exist within the BL Universe, or their comics at least do.

Black Lightning is very much your Daredevil character in the sense that his focus is on the neighbourhood rather than the world, so it would make sense (if Superman and Supergirl existed on this Earth) there'd be no crossover or reason for them to interact. Could Black Lightning take place on Earth-38?

That's a thought I hear and I think at least one could be credible. In that either this show is on Earth-38 but, being what it is, far removed from what's going on in Clark and Kara's neck of the woods, or the name drops of Supergirl, Vixen, and the Superman shirt just show that those characters exist as comic book characters.

"Where's Tobias?! You little *****!" made me laugh. Also, I was expecting another scene of Tobias smacking Painkiller upside the head for killing Rion.

Anissa does need that soul food blessed by Grace. :sly:

Her action scene was fun to watch.

Always nice to see Erika Alexander. I can't remember fully, but I think she was announced earlier as a guest star. Is her character one from the comics?

I kinda hope they give a concrete answer of if there's a Superman in this universe. I still hope this show is in it's own Earth, though.

I kinda hope they give a concrete answer of if there's a Superman in this universe. I still hope this show is in it's own Earth, though.
Why? :p

If it's a mere case of not wanting it diluted, then that needn't be an issue. As stated above, Black Lightning is very much your Daredevil or Spider-Man in that he's only in operation within a very small community; possibly one that neither Kara or Clark have even heard of. I suppose there'd be some issue with aliens existing (and the President being one) if this was set on Earth-38, but equally, it could be set on yet another Earth with a different Clark and Kara; one where those two are the only aliens on Earth?

Is it that you'd rather this show not be on Earth-1 or Earth-38, or that you'd rather this show not remotely be connected to the Arrowverse in any way at all? I can understand the desire to have it remain on it's own turf, because it's a very different show to the other CW shows, but I think it would be a little short sighted of the writers to be too far removed. I want this show to be within the multiverse, I just don't particularly want Pierce crossing over with Earth 1's Barry, or Earth-38's Kara anytime soon.

If anything, and as I've said before, the only Arrowverse character I could see on Black Lightning is Arrow because of the similar tone. Flash & Supergirl are too ... light.

Why? :p

If it's a mere case of not wanting it diluted, then that needn't be an issue. As stated above, Black Lightning is very much your Daredevil or Spider-Man in that he's only in operation within a very small community; possibly one that neither Kara or Clark have even heard of. I suppose there'd be some issue with aliens existing (and the President being one) if this was set on Earth-38, but equally, it could be set on yet another Earth with a different Clark and Kara; one where those two are the only aliens on Earth?

Is it that you'd rather this show not be on Earth-1 or Earth-38, or that you'd rather this show not remotely be connected to the Arrowverse in any way at all? I can understand the desire to have it remain on it's own turf, because it's a very different show to the other CW shows, but I think it would be a little short sighted of the writers to be too far removed. I want this show to be within the multiverse, I just don't particularly want Pierce crossing over with Earth 1's Barry, or Earth-38's Kara anytime soon.

If anything, and as I've said before, the only Arrowverse character I could see on Black Lightning is Arrow because of the similar tone. Flash & Supergirl are too ... light.
I just like it being it's own thing on it's own Earth. So, no Earth 1 or 38. Still don't want/care for it to crossover with any of the other shows. It can just be one of the Earth Flash and co. haven't interacted with. But, it would be cool to learn if they have their own Superman or not.

Anissa is really doing the hardcore masked vigilante thing. Her character is becoming more interesting than BL! I was glad to see Grace again. She kinda disappeared towards the end of Season 1. With Tobias now under arrest, does that leave the gate open for another big villain to enter the show?

Not that it means much. A crossover is nearly impossible due to them filming in Atlanta, and the other shows in Vancouver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"