Season 2, Episode 3: "The Thing in the Mines" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Official Description:

GREGORY SMITH (“EVERWOOD”) DIRECTS THE EPISODE – Lois (Elizabeth Tulloch) reaches out to Ret. General Lane (Dylan Walsh) as Clark’s (Tyler Hoechlin) visions become worse during heated arguments with both Jonathan (Jordan Elsass) and Jordan (Alex Garfin). Meanwhile, Lana (Emmanuelle Chriqui) shares her frustrations with Kyle (Erik Valdez). Lastly, Natalie (Tayler Buck) learns that her father (Wole Parks) didn’t follow through on a promise he made to her. Inde Navarrette and Sofia Hasmik also star. The episode was directed by Gregory Smith and written by Katie Aldrin & Juliana James (#203). Original airdate 1/25/2022.

Always glad to see Gregory Smith directing. He did the best work on S1 outside of the pilot, imo.

Also, based on Clark's "headaches" and visions that have been discussed, Manchester Black's not looking as unlikely a villain as I initially thought.

Official Description:

Always glad to see Gregory Smith directing. He did the best work on S1 outside of the pilot, imo.

Also, based on Clark's "headaches" and visions that have been discussed, Manchester Black's not looking as unlikely a villain as I initially thought.

I hope he doesn't come back as a villain. He was boring enough on Supergirl.

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines02.jpeg

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines01.jpeg

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines04.jpeg

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines03.jpeg

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines11.jpeg

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines10.jpeg

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines08.jpeg

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines05.jpeg

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines06.jpeg

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines07.jpeg

SandL-S02E03-ThingMines09.jpeg

I loved the family stuff in this episode which I know isn't anything new coming from me at this point, but man such great stuff in this show, especially seeing that freakout from Clark.

I also can't get over just how much I'm liking Jordan this season compared to last season, but its good to see his character get some actual development this early and isn't just some angsty teen anymore.

Also, just wow at that Doomsday reveal. It's definitely not what I expected but now I'm way more interested in seeing how they handle this version of the character and how personal its going to be for Clark/Superman.

Well, I wasn't expecting that. Bizarro stepped out of that containment suit like a nesting doll. Those sizes did not match. Also, I loved the flipped title card.

This episode was really heavy on the drama. Which I usually enjoy, since this show nails it more often than not. I don't know how excited I am about Jonathan going down the PED route, though, but we'll see where it goes.

The highlight of the episode for me was the scene with Sam on his fishing trip. That made me genuinely laugh out loud. It was so fake-looking, it looked like an SNL skit.

For a minute they had us there with the Doomsday twist, but I’m glad they’re not doing him yet. Bizarro makes a lot of sense as we’re getting a full fledge version since Superboy and Smallville.

Yeah, I'm more excited about where this goes than I was when we all thought it was Doomsday. It feels like there's a lot more they can do with a character like Bizarro. At first blush, it seems like they're going with a more sinister and threatening version of the character, but they could always pull a Dragon Ball Z and eventually turn him into an ally. Hell, that fight in the quarry was basically a DBZ fight anyways.

Bizarro! Honestly glad they're going with him instead of Doomsday and can't wait to see how they handle it.

Very heavy on the drama in this one and to top it all off, they end with Allie showing up at the diner instead of Lucy. I'm looking forward to that storyline progressing as well and it seems like they turned a corner with Lana running for Mayor at the end too with the live stream.

So far so good. I have an interest in all three of the key storylines going on.

Show goes on break after next week though, right?

Bizarro! Honestly glad they're going with him instead of Doomsday and can't wait to see how they handle it.

Very heavy on the drama in this one and to top it all off, they end with Allie showing up at the diner instead of Lucy. I'm looking forward to that storyline progressing as well and it seems like they turned a corner with Lana running for Mayor at the end too with the live stream.

So far so good. I have an interest in all three of the key storylines going on.

Show goes on break after next week though, right?

wPic8ce.gif

Please say "sike"...

He might’ve inherited the investigative reporter gene.

That would be cool, I'd like that. I'm just worried based on his scene with Jordan where he lamented about possibly being on the bench all season. In my mind, I kinda see a brother-vs-brother superpowered fight where Jordan has to snap Jonathan out of it. Like a super roid-rage incident. Jonathan admitted in this episode that he still doesn't deal with stress in a mature way 100% of the time, and he demonstrated it at practice. I don't want that, but I could see it happening.

But this season has been throwing a steady diet of curveballs, so I'm likely way off.

So good series so far.I believe Bizarro will transform to Doomsday little by little.Or maybe they will go to the Superdoom story and we will see Superman to transform to Doomsday.I am excited for the continue.

They might not be finished with Doomsday just yet, if chalky skin is an early stage in the development of bony growths. Maybe the Doomsday virus will be the Arrowverse’s pandemic analogy.

I think the clue was in the title. Bizarro was called The Thing of Steel in the comics.

I hope Superman and Lois draw from the pre-Crisis memories concerning Bizarro.

Ok well good to see Sam and be all chill. Glad to see Nat and the boys connecting. Clark going off was pretty scary. Also the other Cushing daughter appears finally pretty cool the show didn’t forget.

Last edited:
Ok that Doomsday name drop was cute lol. I know Doomsday and cute don’t go together but whatever don’t judge me haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"