Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 3 "Wig Out"

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
TE95wv0.jpg

Discuss Episode 3 of Season 2, "Wig Out" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

I'm impressed they managed to work Mr Fish into the show

The sucker punch at the end had me rolling.

Misty and Colleen were fun to watch.

The part with the dudes circled around Luke was kinda entertaining. I laughed at how dudes shot guns at him with other members of the gang right behind him.

It’s kinda weird seeing Luke talk the way he does when last season they had him be an example of people who like to use respectability politics when it comes to how Black people should act and how others perceive them. That also ties into his use of the N word.

The sucker punch at the end had me rolling.

Misty and Colleen were fun to watch.

The part with the dudes circled around Luke was kinda entertaining. I laughed at how dudes shot guns at him with other members of the gang right behind him.

It’s kinda weird seeing Luke talk the way he does when last season they had him be an example of people who like to use respectability politics when it comes to how Black people should act and how others perceive them. That also ties into his use of the N word.

Yeah really not liking Luke's attitude so far this season. Seems like much more of a victim mentality he has this season. I know it will likely change over the next couple episodes but he's not very easy to sympathise with just now.

We will get more Misty and Colleen in Iron Fist season 2 as Missick. Missick said they will explore the Colleen and Misty dynamic more in that show.

Yeah really not liking Luke's attitude so far this season. Seems like much more of a victim mentality he has this season. I know it will likely change over the next couple episodes but he's not very easy to sympathise with just now.

I don't really get a victim mentality vibes from him.

Me, either. Maybe it's because he's going out of his way to find trouble. :(

i thought the claire/luke scene was great. you can't get that for the most part in the movies. and they let the scene breathe and didn't rush it. great work by both actors.

Luke Cage is very different in this episode, but arguably it's a development. In many ways, he's closer to the comic version, who is known for more explosive anger. In a lot of ways, this is closer to the comics, where it is a product of what gave him powers, but it also fits what he's dealing with. But the Claire/Luke scenes are still difficult to watch. You get a sense he's fronting in many ways, but he feels like he's ruining the relationship.

I enjoyed Bushmaster. I enjoyed the Misty/Colleen interaction. Overall, I just thought this was a good episode. Four and a Half Stars.

PS - Is it my imagination, or is Mariah Dillard's New York accent way thicker than last season?

I'll start by saying there's so much each episode so far this season I have liked but... Man does the season have issues. I had to be reminded coming here to post that this was only EPISODE THREE. It's felt like I've been watching like six episodes worth of material and not in a good way. The curse of the "Marvel Netflix Pacing" strikes again.

But for real, the BEST thing so far was the argument that Claire and Luke had in her apartment. It was raw, real and touched on so many things germane to the identity of the show but which also CHALLENGED the identity of the show and the character of Luke. I do quibble with the "dark path" stuff they are pushing on us. I don't have an issue with it per se, but I think it feels contrived and not backed up by what Luke is actually seeming to experience so far in the season. Yet without that contrivance I wouldn't have got the scene with Luke and Claire.

I'll start by saying there's so much each episode so far this season I have liked but... Man does the season have issues. I had to be reminded coming here to post that this was only EPISODE THREE. It's felt like I've been watching like six episodes worth of material and not in a good way. The curse of the "Marvel Netflix Pacing" strikes again.

But for real, the BEST thing so far was the argument that Claire and Luke had in her apartment. It was raw, real and touched on so many things germane to the identity of the show but which also CHALLENGED the identity of the show and the character of Luke. I do quibble with the "dark path" stuff they are pushing on us. I don't have an issue with it per se, but I think it feels contrived and not backed up by what Luke is actually seeming to experience so far in the season. Yet without that contrivance I wouldn't have got the scene with Luke and Claire.

Sure, Claire may be right about Luke getting too aggressive and brutal. But she is also still pushing him to talk to his dad at a time when he understandably does not want to do so. He didn't want to talk it out, so ideally, Claire should have dropped the subject while Luke was still agitated and approached it later whenever everyone was calm: this is called de-escalation and it probably would have worked out. Luke has multiple legitimate reasons to never speak to his father again. If nothing else, she could've picked a better time to broach the subject than when he just got back and his blood is still up.

PLEASE give Misty and Colleen their own show.

I don't know if Daughters of the Dragon is something people actually want, because it seems to be a desire based on snapshot moments as opposed to storytelling opportunities. Same for a Heroes for Hire show. Misty and Colleen are cool characters, but they don't need a whole series about them, especially when they're the female leads of Luke Cage and Iron Fist, and doing a show about just them would be impossible without people asking, "Where are Danny and Luke?"

... who is the new female officer Misty had a past with?

I’ve made my way through three episodes so far. One thing that I’ve noticed is that the dialogue is a lot more prolific with using the n-bomb, and I remember last season when it was severely minimized, and I also recall an interview with producer Coker where he had to fight to introduce a few uses of it.
This time around, as much as I’m enjoying the show, I have severely mixed feelings about this. I know that the show creative are aiming for ‘realism’ in the interactions between the predominately African American characters, but….
Well, it is what it is.. at least Pop’s still has the cussing can.

Good to see Colleen with Misty and the bar fight was great.

Last edited:
These arguments between Luke and Claire are annoying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"