Luke Cage Season 2, Episode 5 "All Souled Out"

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
TE95wv0.jpg

Discuss Episode 5 of Season 2, "All Souled Out" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Piranha jones is so extra

I really like the foggy and Luke pairing. The two of them make a fun double act.

I really like the foggy and Luke pairing. The two of them make a fun double act.

I do too. It shouldn't come as a surprise since both Mike Colter and Elden Hensen have great charisma that they can work well off anyone, so pairing them up is a lot of fun to watch.

Yeah, Foggy was fun here.

Cockroach's act in the opening made me laugh.

The party scenes were funny too.

I was just happy to see Misty get her arm. :D

In order to watch this episode, I had to upgrade my Netflix since my brother was also watching. I guess it's fitting that Misty got an upgrade as well.

There are basically two stories here and both were quite good. The first is the hero for hire story. I love seeing Foggy again, he's always a lot of fun. There are obviously pros and cons of being paid to be a superhero, but I thought the ending showed that it could work if Luke was in control of the situation. I'm glad it didn't end with Luke losing his temper and ruining the whole deal.

I also loved the Misty/Scarfe story. Here's the hard truth - Cockroach's conviction was tainted. He was convicted based on a gun that could easily have been planted with no other eyewitnesses to say otherwise. I like the flashbacks showing the signs missed, but also just the friendship between them. The only real complaint I have is I couldn't figure out how Misty got lead to that room with the decapitated dude at the end.

Four and a Half Stars.

This episode dealt with some serious stuff for Luke but had some really good light touches. Still feels like they could have gotten to this place a lot faster. There's building up stories and characters and world building and then there's just making time seem to flow slower than molasses in January.

Just started season 2 of Luke Cage, really enjoying all of it so far. About the three decapitated heads. Obviously one is Cockroach, another is Mark Higgins who sold his business, is the third Ray Ray who was Mariah's bodyguard and part of Shades crew?

UPDATE - nevermind it's confirmed in the following episode.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"