Jessica Jones Season 2, Episode 6 "AKA Facetime"

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Jessica_Jones_206.jpg

Discuss Episode 6 of Season 2, "AKA Facetime" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
Alisa Campbell is Meat Face. Best codename ever.

Welp, I can safely say I did not see that coming.

I absolutely did since the only other option at that point was Titania.
I don't know who that is.

But I wasn't waiting on some big reveal about her identity in general, and if I were, I wouldn't have considered this because I would have expected Jessica to recognize her sooner.

What a twist! Did we not see this surprise twist character last season? Assuming we didn't, it seems logical all things considered, if perhaps a bit of a cheap trick. I like how we found out who Dr. Karl is and that he's a comics character (perhaps a bit of a deep cut). I looked it up and Dr. Karl Malus is listed as a "non-exclusive Jessica Drew character" in the agreement with Sony. This means that it was always fair game to use the character, although Sony can use him too.

I'm torn on Trish's story. I'm fine with her being obsessed (in the comics, she had this weird obsession with being a superhero), but the self-destructive drug use aspect isn't what I was expecting. I was expecting more of an action junky type thing. On the other hand, pairing her with Malcolm creates an interesting contrast since he's a former addict. Still, I like Malcolm, which makes it such a bummer that the foundation here is so fragile.

Four and a Half Stars.

I absolutely did since the only other option at that point was Titania.

The other option was a completely original character who was not at all a comics character. Considering there's very little resemblance in her story anyway, it's not like it's far removed from an original character.

Huge twist! Crazy stuff.

What a twist! Did we not see this surprise twist character last season? Assuming we didn't, it seems logical all things considered, if perhaps a bit of a cheap trick. I like how we found out who Dr. Karl is and that he's a comics character (perhaps a bit of a deep cut). I looked it up and Dr. Karl Malus is listed as a "non-exclusive Jessica Drew character" in the agreement with Sony. This means that it was always fair game to use the character, although Sony can use him too.

I'm torn on Trish's story. I'm fine with her being obsessed (in the comics, she had this weird obsession with being a superhero), but the self-destructive drug use aspect isn't what I was expecting. I was expecting more of an action junky type thing. On the other hand, pairing her with Malcolm creates an interesting contrast since he's a former addict. Still, I like Malcolm, which makes it such a bummer that the foundation here is so fragile.

Four and a Half Stars.

The other option was a completely original character who was not at all a comics character. Considering there's very little resemblance in her story anyway, it's not like it's far removed from an original character.

I called Dr. Karl Malus making an appearance in the Netflix shows a while back. I can't remember if it was in the Jessica Jones or Luke Cage section.

I don't know who that is.

But I wasn't waiting on some big reveal about her identity in general, and if I were, I wouldn't have considered this because I would have expected Jessica to recognize her sooner.

Same for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"