Arrow Season 3 Discussion

I wonder if they going to introduce the new 52 version of killer moth
rqAi1mO.jpg

Cool update of a real obscure villain, the show could use that to it's advantage.

This one. Without a doubt.

Probably given it's basically street clothes, I'd prefer the full on Ninja look.

Cool update of a real obscure villain, the show could use that to it's advantage.

Probably given it's basically street clothes, I'd prefer the full on Ninja look.

Agreed his old costume really really lame
KillerMoth1.jpg

As regal as Nyssa's?

As cool looking. I actually don't think her outfit is all that, but if they're going to give her an actual costume, I think it should look less like the image of her twirling that weird ponytail and more like something Nyssa would wear.

Her new 52 look is horrible. The ponytail is particularly stupid. Shiva isn't about all of that. She just wants to kill her targets and test her skills. She doesn't care about or need a fancy costume, and never has.

I'm sort of on the fence with Nu52 Killer Moth. It's certainly better than the silver age look, but still not completely sold on it. It's just not "moth-y" enough. Maybe that look combined with something lie this:
killermoth.jpg

Though I do like the new Red Dart, Richard Dragon and Brick. Bring them all on for season 3!

Roy's costume! :D

Lemire and Sorrentino are killing it on Green Arrow. glad they bough some of those d Lister villains..

I've heard great things and have the first trade of their work, they seem to have a similar approach to the show.

As cool looking. I actually don't think her outfit is all that, but if they're going to give her an actual costume, I think it should look less like the image of her twirling that weird ponytail and more like something Nyssa would wear.

I kinda like the ponytail weapon, at any rate I would just prefer a full costume with a martial arts feel to it than a leather jacket and jeans.

Roy's costume! :D

Actually that connor
tumblr_inline_n0jwg0ys1P1qbujox.jpg

3356891-untitled.png

I've heard great things and have the first trade of their work, they seem to have a similar approach to the show.

I kinda like the ponytail weapon, at any rate I would just prefer a full costume with a martial arts feel to it than a leather jacket and jeans.
that connor ..

If they do Lady Shiva I'd want her to be separate from the LOA. She needs to be the badass, best martial artist in the world, preNew52 version like the one that was in Gail Simone's Birds of Prey. I want the LOA to be scared of her. She should wear this costume,
1341920_bopv2_cv6.jpg

I'd also enjoy seeing an episode focused on the reactions to Moira's death. Have the present be about the Arrow fighting Killer Moth or someone and Walter dedicating a new bank branch to Moira. Then in flashbacks, show more of what happened when Moira died. I mean, a mayoral candidate, who was cleared of mass-murder, was stabbed with a sword, in front of her children. If that's not major news across the country I don't know what is. They could show the police arriving at the scene of Moira's death and perhaps having Quentin be the first person to show up and see Oliver and Thea just sobbing. Lance could then call Laurel who could comfort Oliver at the police station a little bit before Oliver disappears. Then they could show Mckenna in wherever she went trying to reach Oliver. One of my few problems with this show is too often Starling City feels like it's its own little world with no relation to the rest of the world around it. The excuse for the army not showing up in the finale was pathetic. (If the city's being destroyed I don't think you need the mayor's say-so to send in troops...)

I think Lady Shiva will be a part of LOA. Oliver is in Honk Kong and according to Stephen Amell, Oliver will be doing the dirty work for Argus. He will a sort of hitman. And it is likely that Shiva will be in Honk Kong too, on an assignment from the LOA and Oliver and her cross paths or they have the same target. In season 2, we already know that Oliver knew about the LOA and when Sara confesses that she is a member of LOA , Oliver said "you are one of them". I thought it signified that he had a personal grudge or confrontation with a member or members of LOA in his flashbacks.

I would love to see an adaptation of the Light from Young Justice.(with a few membership changes, or perhaps just some unrevealed members) They seem perfectly suited to the Arrow given that the writers love their secrets. They are also fairly low budget, and could tie into a number of already present plotlines. Ra's al Ghul has been name dropped several times already. Queen Bee (who is also nice b/c she is powerful but very low budget powers) could be in charge of the H.I.V.E., maybe Marina Sirtis could play her. Sportsmaster and Cheshire are both low budget and physical characters who have ties to Roy and Oliver.

The upcoming season could be based on the story ''Here There Be Dragons'' from the comics. The introduction of the Yakuza (Triad in this case) and corrupt CIA Agent Gregory Osborne, who brainwashes Roy and tries to get him to assassinate Green Arrow.

Have they said if current day will be in Hong Kong or is it just in Olivers past?

I'd like a season with good consistent quality from beginning till end. As it stands now, this show is a mountain. Starts out as the typical "meh" CW crap, then gets good in Season 1's second half, then gets great in Season 2's first half, then almost everything falls apart in the second half.

I think a good place to start would be to make the season less ambitious and more character driven.

Consistency. From start to finish would be what I want to see, as Shik stated. But, the show is on CW and therefore we are stuck with crappy CW moments. A necessary evil I guess.

I do wonder if we will get more of a sniff of the existence of Gotham as
The end of the Flash Pilot saw that futuristic paper about a Queen/Wayne merger

I also want to see at least one moment of some Flash since he is the fastest man alive!

It has nothing to do with CW. It has everything to do with the writers dropping the ball.

Season 1 started out as your typical CW show, but the writing really improved in the second half, give or take a few parts here or there. It's not exactly great or a masterpiece or anything, but it's good. Then the ending didn't make much sense in the context of the season (specifically when it came to "the list" and what it is), but I forgave it because it was a good ending out of context. It was clearly one of those "the buildup got more and more complex/better than what we planned at the beginning" sort of ending, so I didn't mind. Overall the the season ended strong, and there was a feeling of comfort going into season 2 knowing the show found its legs and the writers knew what worked, what didn't worked, and how to better balance out a year-long story next time.

Then Season 2 starts, and the first part is absolutely incredible (minus everything with Laurel). There's a lot happening, but the writers do a good job of balancing all the subplots. Then in the second half, everything falls apart. Characters conveniently get written out for several episodes in a row only to come back later and feel forced due to a lack of proper development. Biggest examples are Sara and Isabel. Certain subplots don't come together that well, mainly related to Deathstroke. Deathstroke's motivations are also poor and forced, with the writers expecting us to buy everything he does just cuz he's insane. Not to mention his whole plan is full of contrivances and, to a certain degree, requires some omnipotence on Slade's part. Blood also feels superfluous to Slade's entire plan, and also out of character in the season finale. Everything slowly starts going downhill after episode 14 or 15.

I love how people use "The CW Effect" as a cause of relationship drama even tho the Writers have explicitly said it comes from them that insert this drama and the CW themselves want them to move away from that stuff because they want leave behind their Gossip Girl/90210 days. It's the writers fault not "Oh it just the CW'.

When Devon Aoki's DJ brother cameoed in the first season I said they should probably cast his sister in a role and lo behold they did :)

This is probably somewhat nitpicky, but something that bothered me throughout Season 2 and that I hope is improved on during season 3, is Felicity's outfits. How on earth does she have the money to afford 40 (give or take a couple during season 1) completely different outfits on an IT girl/assistant salary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"