Supergirl Season 3, Episode 15: "In Search of Lost Time" (SPOILERS)

Another good Episode.

I'm actually glad Kara layed into Mon El over his past jerkish-ness.

Please ignore my vote (if somebody actually looks at it). I gave it 9 and when I was clicking--due to some tab thing--it came down to 4, I think.

Can it be changed?

Please ignore my vote (if somebody actually looks at it). I gave it 9 and when I was clicking--due to some tab thing--it came down to 4, I think.

Can it be changed?
Changed the numbers, but can't make your name appear. So now it will just have to look like a ghost voted for 9. ;)

I love this episode. The parallels between Sam's fight with her inner problem and M'yrnn's fight with his inner problem were so beautifully drawn. That's excellent writing. And the story tackled a heartwrenching problem so many families face.

A loose reference, I suppose, to the idea of “involuntary memory” (one of the themes of the original In Search of Lost Time by Proust).

Re: “Cape Fu.” I didn’t find this as silly as others. (Actually, I thought some of the slow-mo visuals were kinda neat.) But it did seem a tad implausible that mastery of this one technique could be the key to defeating Reign. The Cape Fu stuff should have been just one part of a broader training regimen.

Re: the “bad” Kara/Mon-El flying scene. To me, this looked par for the course. :shrug: OTOH, the CGI fight between MM and the white Martian monster was conspicuously rough.

Changed the numbers, but can't make your name appear. So now it will just have to look like a ghost voted for 9. ;)

Hey thinks! I have always wanted to be a ghost.:gngl: (It is my hope that I can be a ghost and read all the books in the libraries once I am dead; may be unfinished books if they have finished ghosts too)

So.. I really liked both the plots in the episode. The Myrnn one as well as the Sam-Lena one. And... the Kara-Mon El one.

Was I the only one that was actually shocked that they had Kara let out on Mon El and then didn't have her back track. And, even acknowledged in that final discussion, that she may have romanticised their past owing to her loss. It makes the entire Mon El-Kara thing so much better. You do make relationship mistakes, and you do romanticise your past. So.. very realistic.

The DEO fight scenes were probably unnecessary, but the rest of it was touching all the same.

David was great! And I really liked the space family scenes and Kara talking to Myrnn. I'd have liked the scene to be a bit longer because Myrnn's realisation after Kara talked to him didn't come through on screen. I think, based on recent interviews, that it might somehow play into something in S4. Even if not, I don't mind stand alone episodes where the major plot is in the background, and you still get some life of one of the protagonists on the foreground.

Liked James as a supportive boyfriend (friend). Even if I am not so sure about Lena's interest in him (Or even vice versa). But.. showing him as a supportive friend is so much better than guardians or love triangles.

And.. it has been some time since I have enjoyed Katie Mcgrath's (Lena's) purpose and acting; I enjoyed both in this episode. So to speak. I do think that Alex being the geneticist and MD and alien expert and Lena being the tech whiz (technological scientist/physicist/engineer rather than a bio-person), it was strange that the show didn't have Lena identify that there is a pattern and have Alex do the actual physiological connections. As it is, that earlier episode with Alex and Sam just makes Alex look incompetent.

But, the show does tend to jumble all their expertise together.

I guess, Kara was too busy with friends in crises situations to wonder about Lena. Alex is not that much of a friend of either anyways. Seems like more a casual acquaintance with a side of Ruby-love.

I liked the focus on foot work on cape tricks. And somehow.. I liked the line.. And the student becomes the Master. But, the focus on it did get tedious after a bit. Still, footwork is something they need to focus on and improve. I don't think they are saying that this would actually improve Kara's chances with Worldkillers, just that it is an improvement in general.

I liked the end... but do feel sorry for the pigeons. Also, how are they affected up in the sky but you don't see dead people everywhere? It seemed like an oil spill or pollution in the ocean.

I liked the end... but do feel sorry for the pigeons. Also, how are they affected up in the sky but you don't see dead people everywhere? It seemed like an oil spill or pollution in the ocean.

I assume it was an “End of Days” allusion. Revelation speaks of a mass dying of “beasts of the field, the birds in the sky and the fish in the sea.” So if you want to tease an impending, Armageddon-like battle, go for the Biblical tropes. :word:

The stuff with Jo'nn and his Dad hits hard for me, but it's beautifully acted by David Harewood and Carl Lumbly, and I love how Kara and Alex are like J'onn's daughters, giving him the support he needs in such a difficult time.

The Cape-Fu training was pretty cool, and Kara's outburst at Mon-El over their prior relationship sounded like it was written by the SuperCorp shippers.

I also liked the scenes between Lena and Sam, I like that they are keeping Lena heading in a positive direction, hopefully they keep it up.

I liked this one more than the last episode.

I totally was expecting them to pull a Professor X in Logan situation with J'onn's dad affecting people's minds.

The cape stuff was... different.

Uh... what did Winn do to Pan from HR to make her so angry, she was only coming after him?

I love this episode. The parallels between Sam's fight with her inner problem and M'yrnn's fight with his inner problem were so beautifully drawn. That's excellent writing. And the story tackled a heartwrenching problem so many families face.

Odette's acting was superb. That scene was a great, tragic way for Sam to find out about herself.

Well done.

Yes Odette's acting was great. She really conveyed the tragic nature of her situation and how guilt stricken and remorseful she felt.

Since the DEO are searching for the other world killers and Lena knows this presumably, then wouldn't it be in all their best interests for her to tell someone else like Supergirl what is happening with Samantha?

I think with Reign they created one of the best villains in the CW shows because she's not outright evil but a very sympathetic character who was not even aware of her actions. And Samantha is a good person at heart who is terrified and very vulnerable now she knows. She's far more three dimensional than others on the Flash, LoT or Arrow.

Another thing I thought. If Sam blacked out during all those times she was Reign, what about that trip she took to see her adoptive mother who showed her the spaceship? That was the same trip she first became Reign. Why does she not remember seeing the ship? She wasn't Reign yet at the time.

Another thing I thought. If Sam blacked out during all those times she was Reign, what about that trip she took to see her adoptive mother who showed her the spaceship? That was the same trip she first became Reign. Why does she not remember seeing the ship? She wasn't Reign yet at the time.
Sam told Ruby she didn't remember telling her she was going on a trip, that's when Ruby really started suspecting something was up with her Mom. The evil hologram erased her memory of the trip.

Why is Superman suddenly not allowed to be used anymore? It's not like they're really going anywhere with the movie version at the moment. Also, even when Cavill's version looked more like he still had a future, Hoechlin still was able to be Superman in Season 2. What has changed?

We don't know that he's not being allowed, but after seeing how he was punked in the the season final I wouldn't let the CW people touch him if I was one of the higher-up WB execs who had anything to say about it.

This episode had some really powerful moments between J’onn and M’yrnn. Kara and Alex supporting them like family further enhanced the heartfelt story arc there. Winn effectively provided the requisite comic relief for the week.

The cape training with Kara and Bor-El (who is beyond salvaging at this point) came off as a forced reason to get them into close quarters. However, I'll offer congratulations to the costume designers who made Bor-El's costume more realistic than I imagined.

The action had some standout moments this week, especially with J'onn beating the White Martian into submission. He's obviously going to be instrumental in confronting the World Killers, so that was a well-placed reminder of how formidable he can be.

Anyone think that Sam might die in the season finale? Now she knows she's Reign she might sacrifice herself to save everyone and out of guilt and shame for all those she's killed.

Maybe in a moment when Reign changes back to Sam in a battle and realises what she's just done, she takes advantage of the fact that she's vulnerable and kills herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"