Season 3, Episode 2 "AKA You're Welcome" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

Discussion in 'Jessica Jones' started by flickchick85, Jun 14, 2019.

1. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

[​IMG]

Discuss Episode 2 of Season 3, "AKA You're Welcome" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

#1 flickchick85, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  2. flickchick85

flickchick85 Mod of Might

Honestly Trish is so ridiculous these days there was a part of me that suspected this whole episode was leading up to HER stabbing Jessica, lol. Glad to see that wasn't the case.

Bold choice to have a Jessica-less 2nd episode (especially after where we left off with her in the premiere), but I think it worked, and Krysten did a good job with the directing. Trish still sucks, but seeing what she's been up to was still interesting.

Lencho01 likes this.
  3. Mike Murdock

Mike Murdock Registered

I like the reversal of perspective here. We're used to the hard-boiled voice over of Jessica Jones, but we get Trish instead. It starts a bit farther in the past, so we can see things like what Malcolm was doing, what happened to Jess's relationship, etc. We also get a different context for things like the apartment change. I just assumed she was adopting a spartan lifestyle as part of her superhero thing. Glad to see there was more to it.

I did not like how sanctimonious Trish was last season. She's absolutely continuing this here and it makes it hard to like her. But I don't think it would have been a good idea to walk it all back and pretend it never happened either. I love that she thought Jess was making amends when she really just needed information. She's assuming time will heal wounds but is unwilling to make any effort instead.

Once again, it's a bit of a low-key slow burn, but it's been solid so far. Four Stars.

4. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

I'm fine with Trish not being likable.

I would have liked a call back with her trying to give Jessica her Jewel costume.

5. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

This was hard for me to watch because I really just don't like/care for Trish anymore.

6. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

My God, that
    costume tease

Damn Netflix.

Dark Raven likes this.
  7. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

If this had been the movies, maybe they would've gone with that. In these Netflix series not only do they discard them, but they ridicule them as well as something they wouldn't be caught dead in. That was the same with Luke Cage, and with Jessica Jones and her Jewel costume. It's hardly surprising we got such an ugly DD costume with too many segments, or no Iron Fist costume whatsoever.

psylockolussus likes this.
  8. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

I don't get why they hate superhero costumes... I feel like them wearing their superhero/signature costume would have added some *spark* to the show, especially I tend to find these Netflix shows dragging and boring.

Dark Raven likes this.
  9. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

DD was really the odd one out in his costume in the Defenders. I was always expected he'd feel the peer pressure to discard it at any moment to fit in better with the others, rather than inspiring Iron Fist to take up one instead.

I bet even the director of that episode with that big hallway fight with the 4 Netflix Defenders deliberately had DD wearing Jessica's scarf around his head instead of his full costume because they wanted him to blend in better with the others. Or maybe it was mandated by the show runners.

10. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Krysten directed? Cool.

flickchick85 likes this.