Daredevil Season 3, Episode 4 "Blindsided" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F849401%2Fe8b0a60b-672f-4480-bf20-079faf336ac1.jpg

Discuss Episode 4: "Blindsided" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
Currently watching this episode.
Indeed, that was physical.

I am floored. I didnt think they could outdo the stairway sequence but SWEET CHRISTMAS THAT WAS EPIC.

Oh btw - did anyone else completely call
Fisk getting himself out? Right when he got shanked I knew what was going on. I felt that was telegraphed but my fiancé had no idea that was coming.

These issues often have pretty dramatic changes in tone so when I go back to write my thoughts, I'm surprised it's all one episode. The big highlight, of course, is the fight scene. It's becoming a staple of this show, but this was exceptionally well-done. The several calms in the middle before he was finally released only added to it. Also added to it is the implication that Fisk definitely knows and that definitely matters. I like the dynamic where he knows, although I don't necessarily need a dynamic where he's declaring all out war on Matt Murdock. The other nice thing about the fight is it confirms how many strings Fisk is pulling. Before this episode, it was entirely possible he was doing this, maybe to get released himself but possibly just for Vanessa. Now it seems there are wheels within wheels. Karen's plot builds on that as well. But the fact that he's able to control a prison combined with his ability to get a cellphone combined with the fact that he might own the building he's being housed in just shows the spider-web of his influence.

Foggy's plot is a nice reference to the comics. I don't know if I want him to win, but it could be an interesting story. I'm surprised we haven't heard what Hogarth thinks of what he's doing. I expected Dex's story to go where it's going, but it's clear he's part of his manipulations. In a way, I wish he didn't start so anti-Fisk because his heel turn is from an even greater distance.

Felix Manning is a character from Born Again. I'm not sure if the guy who shanked Fisk is a comics reference. Of course, that ending is directly from Born Again. But is there no corpse?

Five Stars.

A++++++++!!!!

And no @Flint Marko I didn’t call that, but my immediate first thought after the reveal was that I should have, lol.

Fisk getting himself out? Right when he got shanked I knew what was going on. I felt that was telegraphed but my fiancé had no idea that was coming.

Because we’re supposed to think that Fisk is super smart, I think that was kind of obvious.

I don't think it immediately occurred to me, but I'll admit I didn't give it a ton of thought at the time. Both explanations sounded plausible and I was just invested in the ride.

I'm only half an hour into this episode and it's too awesome to continue. Can't believe how good it is.

That Prison fight/Escape was off da hook!

Prison/hallway fight! It was great. I knew Matt was screwed the moment he was getting looks right before he got punched.

So, does this mean Fisk knows Matt is Daredevil?

I didn’t even think he set up that stabbing. I laughed when they said the dude was free now.

Karen busting out that gun made me laugh.

The ending was just “What the whaaaaaa?!?!”

Seriously guys, how long do you think it took to stage and choreograph that whole sequence? That HAD to have been arduous to pull off.

They really went all out with it. So impressive.

Nah, I'm too dumb to see stuff like that before it's blindingly obvious or outright explained. :funny:

I saw it coming, LOL!

Seriously guys, how long do you think it took to stage and choreograph that whole sequence? That HAD to have been arduous to pull off.
There are a couple hidden cuts, at least I think there were. They were hidden very well. It was kind of mind-boggling how much farther they went compared to the oners from the other seasons, so much so that I don't know how they could top it again.

I don't think it immediately occurred to me, but I'll admit I didn't give it a ton of thought at the time. Both explanations sounded plausible and I was just invested in the ride.

Nah, I'm too dumb to see stuff like that before it's blindingly obvious or outright explained. :funny:

I think it is just the slight derivative of the cliche "prisoners fake their injury/ illness to be transferred to somewhere less secured (e.g. hospital) so they can escape".

I timed that scene and it starts at 22:35 (when Matt hung the phone after the conversation with Fisk) and ends at 33:17 (when he collapsed in the taxi), so 10 minutes 42 seconds in total. Kudos to Charlie Cox, all the stuntmen, cameramen, choreographer(s), smoke/ fire technicians and Alex Garcia Lopez for putting time and sweats in this.

There are a couple hidden cuts, at least I think there were. They were hidden very well. It was kind of mind-boggling how much farther they went compared to the oners from the other seasons, so much so that I don't know how they could top it again.

I think I could see two: one shortly before Matt was snatched by Vic's henchman and one right after the conversation and he started to get out of the prison, both when the room was totally dark. Perhaps they can't afford to have James Biberi to film that conversation again and again, so they had to cut the two fight sequences before and after and filmed separately.

It all made complete sense once it was revealed, I just didn’t have the brains to see it beforehand lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"