Jessica Jones Season 3, Episode 6 "AKA Sorry Face" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
jessica-jones-final-season-poster-405x600.jpg

Discuss Episode 6 of Season 3, "AKA Sorry Face" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
I liked the focus on Salinger here. In the comics, the Foolkiller is an artist of sorts of goes around killing people he views as "fools" for various reasons. There's some similarities here. The narcissism and inability to accept his own inadequacies are probably his biggest factors. He kills people he sees as "cheaters" or people who get by on something other than their intelligence. But the fact that he includes Jessica Jones in that demonstrates that he isn't actually right. She's a detective with a sharp mind and doesn't just depend on her powers, but he can't accept that she'd succeed in this world so he assumes that's not why. Likewise, with Erik, he had no clue how Erik discovered his secret, but he refuses to accept that it could have been due to intelligence because that would suggest a failing on Salinger's part. This was the right point to explore some of that - although I don't fully buy the idea that he's been "unleashed" and I was also disappointed by the delivery at the end of the episode.

Some fun Marvel Netflix connections here - especially the reference to Rand. Who is in charge right now? I seem to recall Ward being with Danny at the end of Iron Fist, so I assume it's somebody else. Also, speaking of connections, I take it Marcy no longer works for Hogarth?

Four and a Half Stars.

Trish is really becoming insufferable. She's completely the opposite of the comics "Happy-go-lucky" Hellcat.

It was odd to hear about Rand since he's obviously not coming back. Why even bother to make the connection?

Even if it was after, I don't see the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"