Daredevil Season 3, Episode 8 "Upstairs/Downstairs" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F849401%2Fe8b0a60b-672f-4480-bf20-079faf336ac1.jpg

Discuss Episode 8: "Upstairs/Downstairs" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
I don't want to feel sorry for Bullseye, do I? It's interesting how much that keeps him calm is taken away. The first is from Fisk and holy crap that was ruthless. But obviously Matt taking the recording removes a lifeline as well.

I was expecting the Foggy scene to be completely awkward. It ended up being OK because we had Karen make a dumb decision too. Given the resources Fisk has at his disposal, I don't see how everyone doesn't end up dead.

Regarding Maggie, obviously, the reveal isn't a surprise. But she had to know Matt could hear her, right? I think the most interesting change in the relationship is, here, Matt was raised by his mother after his father died. Sister Maggie's been a good influence on Matt once he found her, but comics Maggie was only able to do that post-Born Again and there's only a handful of times that she's appeared. I hope she makes it out OK. I like the character, I like the actress. But I'm definitely worried.

Four and a Half Stars.

This version of Bullseye seems to be heavily inspired by Travis Bickle and that's just a brilliant way to approach the character. That scene at the coffee shop with Julie is what really made me notice it.

The confrontation between Fisk and Karen was intense and delivered on the hype of the stills. Deborah Ann Woll's facial acting is really good; when Fisk dropped the bomb on her, I loved the brief confusion that became dawning realization and finally panic and fear.

Last edited:
Yeah, I really enjoyed Karen’s confrontation with Fisk. Shame Foggy’s idea couldn’t be seen out though as a result, I wanted to see how that would have ended.

that scene between karen and fisk was on par with matt's visit to fisk at the prison in season 2.

d'onfrio's face as karen tells him he killed his #1 guy was amazing.

and then karen's facial response to his trap question was just as amazing.

what a great scene.

Did they play that scene as a preview at some point? The part where Fisk hinted he knew Matt's double life was very familiar to me.

Karen confronting Fisk was a great scene indeed. It was definitely reminiscent of Matt confronting him in that prison in Season 2.

I love the reaction of anyone who comes into the hotel room after the redecoration.

Feel sorry about Julie.

The balls on Karen, man. I knew it wouldn’t go the route of Matt though.

I was thinking the Maggie surprise wasn’t going to be touched upon or would happen at the end of the season.

I felt bad for Dex, especially in the beginning, and I hate that I did. :funny:

That was some A+ acting in the Karen/Fisk scene. I always loved DAW so I’m glad she got an amazing scene to shine. And with D’onofrio no less!

The highlight of the episode being the confrontation between Karen and Fisk. He just screams Kingpin in the white suit.

Was not expecting that to happen to Julie, wow.

The sister Maggie reveal wasn't a huge one but they played it very well here.

This version of Bullseye seems to be heavily inspired by Travis Bickle and that's just a brilliant way to approach the character. That scene at the coffee shop with Julie is what really made me notice it.

That and DEXTER

I just want to hug him, man I feel very sorry for that guy.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Karen’s confrontation with Fisk. Shame Foggy’s idea couldn’t be seen out though as a result, I wanted to see how that would have ended.

I think it'd be interesting to see Foggy run his speech through to the conclusion, and have Matt be the savior who intervened in Karen's confrontation with Fisk. (Would've probably allowed for an interesting Matt vs. Fisk fight)

Then there's the question of, what if no one had intervened? Would Fisk have beaten up Karen or not? I think that's hard to determine because I'm skeptical whether the writers would've allowed the image of Fisk hitting Karen, or whether it would even be in-character for Fisk to do such a thing.

that scene between karen and fisk was on par with matt's visit to fisk at the prison in season 2.

d'onfrio's face as karen tells him he killed his #1 guy was amazing.

and then karen's facial response to his trap question was just as amazing.

what a great scene.

I'm repeating myself, but I think the only way the scene could be greater is if Matt, not Foggy, had been the one to intervene here. Would've made for a nice fight scene between Matt and Fisk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"