Supergirl Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread - Part 1

Odette confirmed on twitter that the title of the finale is indeed, "Supergirl Returns".

SpoilerTV's usually on point, so not surprised. And hell, even when that original title was reported, they noted that it was tentative. A lot of times the early scripts will have placeholder titles until they can think of something more fitting.

Also, I'm starting to believe that rumor about Mehcad leaving for good. He's been going at it with crazy Supercorps on social media over the last day or so, and I'm not sure he'd be doing that if he weren't done with the job.

Everyone has finished...except David Harewood and Carl Lumby. According to David Harewood's tweet, they will be shooting Saturday, the last day of filming. No shooting today or tomorrow.

Interesting as they're saving the Martian Manhunter and his father for last.

SpoilerTV's usually on point, so not surprised. And hell, even when that original title was reported, they noted that it was tentative. A lot of times the early scripts will have placeholder titles until they can think of something more fitting.

Also, I'm starting to believe that rumor about Mehcad leaving for good. He's been going at it with crazy Supercorps on social media over the last day or so, and I'm not sure he'd be doing that if he weren't done with the job.

If Mechad is leaving, that will be a relief. He doesn't have much to do and doesn't really fit into most of the storylines. He's never really missed either.

I'm glad he didn't keep suiting up as Guardian this year either.

Interesting as they're saving the Martian Manhunter and his father for last.

I would assume that simply means that their schedules could handle being further into May.

Melissa was seen shooting yesterday, but I believe that was her last day.

True...

And OMG the SC peeps, they are crazy obsessed with Katie to begin with, but damn they have hit an all time high with Mehcad...and this isn't the first time, so I think he has finally had enough. The fact that they are upset with him using the hashtag #LoveisLove....because that belongs to their community. However, it was coined by a straight married man. *shakes head*

Holy hell! You were not kidding, he replied to A LOT of "fans"

You would think that they would transition over to Black Lightning, but nope...

Why would they transition him to Black Lightning?

David Harewoods IG story seems a little suspect....he says "Heading off to set for the last time.................this season"

Why would Mechad be transitioning anywhere at all?

If he's leaving the CW DC universe, then he's probably leaving it entirely. I don't see why he has to appear somewhere else?

And he was boring on Supergirl. I don't want him on Black Lightning. I'm bored of watching him.

Why does he have to transition at all?

DcE96HtV4AA8zaJ.jpg:large

Give us an official World Killers poster. One thing I do like about the SG costumes is that they arent just glorified jackets like so many of the Arrowverse costumes.

Why would they transition him to Black Lightning?

David Harewoods IG story seems a little suspect....he says "Heading off to set for the last time.................this season"

I meant the Supercorp fans.

The elephant in the room that no one ever talks about is the fact that they are wanting another Xena type series....and they see Supergirl as their best bet. ANYONE, AND ANYTHING that gets in the way of that is going to get their full on crazy attention. Mind you, not all of them, there are some that I've met that are banging their heads against the wall at some of their fellow fans behavior....but, bottom line they want the 2018 version of Xena. Unfortunately, they see Mehcad as a barrier to that....some just can't see the difference between the actor and the character.

What exactly is going on? What is he saying?

What exactly is going on? What is he saying?
I haven't followed closely, but from what I understand, they've been hating on him for a while (mostly because they hate the James/Lena 'ship and he keeps posting pics of them together) and somebody posted a really racist pic directed at him after his latest pic of the two of them, and he understandably went off. Saying he shows this stuff to Katie and she's appalled by all the negativity he receives, and just a bunch of back-and-forth.

I honestly don't care too much for him IRL based on what I've seen of his social media, but there's no excuse for their behavior. That said, I don't think I've ever seen him go off like this before, and I know he's been dealing with this crap for a while, which is what makes me think he really may be done with the show now.

Last edited:

They are most probably fans of Katie herself not fans of f/f storylines. I mean, they probably like Katie in an f/f storyline; nothing more, nothing less. From what I heard about Clexacon, poor Anissa Pierce didn't get that great a greeting there. And, from what I have seen of the show, it has great writing and great family dynamics (I stopped watching because I was depressed at the end of episode 3.. there is too much pain and losses there.. but I may give it another try later).

It doesn't matter. They are just loud. I don't think the showrunners pay them any mind. As for the actors, most of them seem to have retired off social media entirely (Chyler barely talks about SG these days; Melissa too) as far as SG is concerned. Except for David, who I understand is universally loved.

And.. say if Katie were to come strongly against them, I am pretty sure they will be against Katie too.

It is sad though. How the social media has become this vitriol filled arena.

But, may be it is best for the actors, crew and all the show folks to actually remain behind a wall as far as fan interactions are concerned. Use only legitimate critiques for consideration when writing stories and ignore everything that is fan based.

All I know is, Katie is making the wise move in staying away from social media entirely.

...so Lena can deduct that one person who is a good mother and friend, is the same person that wears a black costume, black mask, and hell bent on global detruction, but otherwise has a problem differenciating between Supergirl and Kara of which have even less differences (short of glasses).

Seriously, I get that the common person might not put the two together, but someone like Lena who work with, and is friends of both Kara & Supergirl should have pieced this together long ago. The writers really need to sort their ability to write out! Lena's looking remarkably oblivious right now, and it's not a good look!

All I know is, Katie is making the wise move in staying away from social media entirely.

Sometimes the actor can do pretty good damage control.....it is her fans that are causing most of the problems but not being on social media I guess shelters her from any of the crap they bring.

IMHO, there comes a time when the actor steps up and at least acknowledges what their fans are doing. Ex.... when Chris Wood was on TVD, he was dating one of the other actresses and his fans did not like her. They got very nasty, and he tweeted once in reference to these fans telling them to cut it out and it chilled quite a bit, not all of it of course, but there was a noticeable decrease in vitriolic tweets.

Last edited:
I haven't followed closely, but from what I understand, they've been hating on him for a while (mostly because they hate the James/Lena 'ship and he keeps posting pics of them together) and somebody posted a really racist pic directed at him after his latest pic of the two of them, and he understandably went off. Saying he shows this stuff to Katie and she's appalled by all the negativity he receives, and just a bunch of back-and-forth.

I honestly don't care too much for him IRL based on what I've seen of his social media, but there's no excuse for their behavior. That said, I don't think I've ever seen him go off like this before, and I know he's been dealing with this crap for a while, which is what makes me think he really may be done with the show now.

Half-time-you-dont-even-know-youre-spilling.gif

True...

And OMG the SC peeps, they are crazy obsessed with Katie to begin with, but damn they have hit an all time high with Mehcad...and this isn't the first time, so I think he has finally had enough. The fact that they are upset with him using the hashtag #LoveisLove....because that belongs to their community. However, it was coined by a straight married man. *shakes head*

The first time I saw the term was in relation to an interracial relationship, so I can see why Mehcad used it. The Supercorp fans are the most bizarre I've seen, they are shipping something that has never actually existed.

Could you elaborate?

Could you elaborate?
I just get a bit of an egotistical vibe from him. Let me put it this way - any near-40-year-old man who refers to himself as “King Gypsy” is probably not my kind of people.

But as I said, that does not make any of this behavior from “fans” even remotely excusable.

Half-time-you-dont-even-know-youre-spilling.gif

The first time I saw the term was in relation to an interracial relationship, so I can see why Mehcad used it. The Supercorp fans are the most bizarre I've seen, they are shipping something that has never actually existed.

The "fanon" in that crowd is strong.

I just get a bit of an egotistical vibe from him. Let me put it this way - any near-40-year-old man who refers to himself as “King Gypsy” is probably not my kind of people.

But as I said, that does not make any of this behavior from “fans” even remotely excusable.

Almost every picture he has his shirt off and the caption with it has nothing to do with someone having their shirt off.

Almost every picture he has his shirt off and the caption with it has nothing to do with someone having their shirt off.

Lol as far as that goes...do people usually have a captions about having their shirt on when they wear shirts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"