Supergirl Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
This thread is for all of the news we hear about major changes to the series. Things like new cast members, cast members leaving, and any other news that is a major change for Season 3.

Change away.....

First major change for Season 3

Maggie may have said yes to a future with Alex, but Floriana Lima didn't.
TV Line reports, Lima is not returning to Supergirl as a series regular so that she can pursue other opportunities. However, before she parts ways with the show, she will appear in more than one episode of Season 3 to wrap up the romantic relationship the National City police detective developed with DEO Agent Alex Danvers.
“We adore Floriana and have loved working with her to tell this inspiring story,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says in a statement. “Although she’s not available to us as a series regular next season, as she’s looking to pursue other opportunities, we’re happy she’ll be returning for multiple episodes in Season 3.”

In the Season 2 finale, after the Daxamites were defeated and fled Earth, Kara encouraged her sister to "never let [Maggie] go." So when Maggie goes to comfort her girlfriend, Alex blurts out a marriage proposal. Whether or not Maggie said yes or not is not revealed, but the unexpected proposal did put an ear-to-ear grin on her face.
Based on the aforementioned news, we can only speculate that Maggie either says no and goes back to being single, says yes and gets cold feet, or she doesn't live long enough to see the wedding reception.

Ok, well to repeat what I said in the Chyler Danvers thread:

If Maggie is still in a handful of episodes, can't she still be in Chyler's life? She could even still agree to get married, and they do, but she doesn't always appear because she's doing her own police work.

She appeared in a handful of Lethal Weapon episodes too in the first season. Enough to be a presence, even though she was not a regular, and her character was dead. So she could still be a presence on Supergirl as Chyler Danvers's fiancee and then wife.

Lyla is married to Diggle in Arrow. She doesn't play all the time though. She's not billed as a regular at all but just recurring, and she appears whenever she's available or the story merits it. Just because she's not a regular doesn't mean they need to kill her off. She's usually busy with Argus.

They could do the same thing with Maggie. She can be busy with her own cases. Chyler would be like Diggle where she's the main character we see. I don't see why they have to do anything to the relationship at all in terms of tearing them apart.

And as I mentioned above, Floriana was a regular on Supergirl this past year, yet she still found time to have a recurring role on Lethal Weapon as a fairly major character. She could treat Supergirl in the same way if she's doing something else where she's not the lead.

I'm down for maggie being re occurring. it can work the wy dark raven suggested or what said intially in the Alex Danvers thread.

the best way to handle all this is if maggie's actress will be busy some where esle show wise, is to have them married instead of what was mentioned above in the article.

I just put up and to is to have done Alex and maggie what was done with sam hannah (LL cool J's character) wife( pre her death this season cause she's on Quantico ) in NCIS L.A. where Maggie would only show up when the actress was available.

they can talk about her but she is a detective and there will be some case's where she's so busy she's just not available to be on screen or in depending on what case she's working or if she's in a special task force she running with some others. .

it'll be a good to have have her as re occurring and be married to Alex . instead of the thing's that article suggest that will just turn all other fans off. and may shut those twitter fan up for bit too.

For me, I would much rather we get a final end to Sanvers and allow Alex to grow by herself and then find someone that is able to stick it out for a longer period of time. I just honestly don't believe this is all because of "other projects". So, allow both Kara and Alex to grow in their independence for awhile.

For me, I would much rather we get a final end to Sanvers and allow Alex to grow by herself and then find someone that is able to stick it out for a longer period of time. I just honestly don't believe this is all because of "other projects". So, allow both Kara and Alex to grow in their independence for awhile.
umm I'm gonna say I'd be ok with this . But I don't know about how my feeling would be when I start sensing the tear's and sad feeling from others about the break up. lol so I'm hoping for what both I and dark raven said. lol

But I don't think Diggle suffers at all as a character for being married. He's still his own person. He just has someone to come home to, and mentions Lyla every now and then if she doesn't appear in person.

They just need to know how to write Chyler so that she doesn't seem like her whole existence and identity revolves around Maggie. But that's the way it should be with people in real life anyway, even though it's not always the case. Once people start becoming too enmeshed with each other and can't do anything separately or independently, that's when they even probably start becoming less attractive to the other person.

Often one party was attracted to the other because that person was their own person and not so intertwined.

Chyler and Maggie could retain separate lives but still maintain the relationship. Even if Chyler gained a new partner, does that mean this partner has to appear in every episode and that we need to play catching up with the lesbians as a standard part of each show? This new partner would still probably end up only appearing every now and then, otherwise she would feel forced into the plot.

But I don't think Diggle suffers at all as a character for being married. He's still his own person. He just has someone to come home to, and mentions Lyla every now and then if she doesn't appear in person.

They just need to know how to write Chyler so that she doesn't seem like her whole existence and identity revolves around Maggie. But that's the way it should be with people in real life anyway, even though it's not always the case. Once people start becoming too enmeshed with each other and can't do anything separately or independently, that's when they even probably start becoming less attractive to the other person.

Often one party was attracted to the other because that person was their own person and not so intertwined.

Chyler and Maggie could retain separate lives but still maintain the relationship. Even if Chyler gained a new partner, does that mean this partner has to appear in every episode and that we need to play catching up with the lesbians as a standard part of each show?

correct there are way to do these and more the writers should be capable of this other have pulled this off . it shouldn't be that hard to do. it's not special effect and cost heavy ether.

I wonder if we're going to see or hear about Katherine Kane in future episodes, now that Maggie's story is finishing up.

Well this sounds rather annoying. Especially as they have now set this up to fail.

Maggie recurring is for the best since she doesn't serve Kara's story.

or she doesn't live long enough to see the wedding reception.
The very, very last thing they should do is kill Maggie. That would be awful. And just reinforce the anger over the lesbian character always dies. I hope the producers are better than that.
If Maggie ends up needing to be written out, just have her move back to Gotham City.

Her character won't be killed off. The most you'll get is a break up with her moving out of town.

Interesting news. I hope they can handle this in a way that satisfies fans of the relationship and the character.

Having said that, I see this as good news, basically. Kara and Alex both being focused on romantic relationships is the primary reason the middle of season 2 felt fragmented and unfocused, imho.

Particularly because, as others have said, the Kara/Alex sisterhood dynamic is one of the best things about the show.

I feel the same way about Mon-El. It's not that I don't like Mon-El, it's more that I don't think that Kara molding her somewhat goofy, delinquent boyfriend into a better person is a great dynamic for the lead character.

When Mon-El returns, I hope that he has become a different sort of character, and that the relationship is left behind.

I am hopeful that this is a sign that romance is going to take a backseat in season 3. It's okay as a relatively minor element in a series like this, or as one piece of the puzzle, but as the focus it is not great.

Last edited:
Well, I always a thought a regular cast member would be in just about every episode. Since she hasn't been and they only use her a few episodes at a time, I don't see much of a difference. As long Floriana is willing to step in in order to keep in touch with the relationship, I'll be happy.

To be truthful I had been expecting more for the character to do, basically as a police officer specifically set to deal with metahuman issues. Perhaps if they had her in more episodes, Lima's eyes wouldn't have started to wander.

But again, as long as she recurs enough to keep the relationship going, I don't see why Alex should have to say buh-bye to her best girl.

Well, considering I wanted this relationship to become more of a background thing and no longer be the focus of its own storylines, I'll consider this a good thing. Since Floriana's still gonna be recurring, hopefully that means they'll touch on their relationship whenever both characters are relevant to the main plot.

They don't need to break up because of this, imo.

Well, considering I wanted this relationship to become more of a background thing and no longer be the focus of its own storylines, I'll consider this a good thing. Since Floriana's still gonna be recurring, hopefully that means they'll touch on their relationship whenever both characters are relevant to the main plot.

They don't need to break up because of this, imo.
But they will imo.

Yeah. But at the same time...it kinda makes sense with Maggie? She seems to have some commitment issues, and as soon as Alex proposed to her I was like, "oh no gurl, too soon," lol.

The actress has been doing some tweeting about this.

She makes it sound like the romance will be kept alive (she is proud to be part of an inspiring love story, etc.). And she expresses her love for the Sanvers fans.

But one never knows.

Last edited:
Yeah. But at the same time...it kinda makes sense with Maggie? She seems to have some commitment issues, and as soon as Alex proposed to her I was like, "oh no gurl, too soon," lol.
I definitely said that as well. :funny:

Next season is going to be fantastic with potential Future Mon-El and this relationship breaking down. Kelly is going to burn social media to the ground. :o

Well, I always a thought a regular cast member would be in just about every episode. Since she hasn't been and they only use her a few episodes at a time, I don't see much of a difference. As long Floriana is willing to step in in order to keep in touch with the relationship, I'll be happy.

To be truthful I had been expecting more for the character to do, basically as a police officer specifically set to deal with metahuman issues. Perhaps if they had her in more episodes, Lima's eyes wouldn't have started to wander.

But again, as long as she recurs enough to keep the relationship going, I don't see why Alex should have to say buh-bye to her best girl.

She's been in 18 of 22 episodes, I believe. She debuted in 2x03 and only missed two episodes after that.

Oh dear, poor Kelly.

It's ok....I think I've done a pretty good job of muting most that needed muting. But there are some stragglers.

Yes, Floriana has posted about it, and in many of the replies there is a lot of support for her decision. In others it is alot of support for her decision but they know for sure that it was not her doing....lol, those horrible people at the CW just do not like gay people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"