Supergirl Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I really liked "Supergirl Lives" I agree, this does sound like it will be much stronger.

Yeah, I didn't hate "Supergirl Lives," but it was fairly underwhelming for a big return ep, imo.

Well it certainly didn't live up to its name that's for sure or live it all as far as the name is concerned .

Read at your own risk because I might be right for once! :oldrazz:

Sam has become Reign and is having all sorts of emotional problems. She can't raise Ruby while trying to conquer the world.

Maggie finds herself in a position in which she must take care of Ruby. Maggie bonds with Ruby and realizes she wants kids after all. Sam dies tragically (or goes off into space). Alex and Maggie get back together, marry, and adopt Ruby.

In the final scene, Ruby looks into camera and her eyes glow for a moment, suggesting that she, too, might become evil one day.

Yes, yes and yes! I think you're 100% right and we were just talking about this the other day.

I highly, highly doubt it, given Maggie was written out for OOC reasons.

Yeah. When I came up with this prediction, I thought Maggie would return intermittently like Cat Grant did in season 2.

I think they would be better off just leaving Maggie off the show from now on. It just stirs up painful memories for the people that like her and annoys the people that hate Sanvers.
Either have Alex stay single (preferred) or move on with someone else (played by someone willing to stay with the show)

No more Maggie....IMO, she took away from the character Alex, rather than adding to her story.

I'm merging this with the Season 3 discussion.

I liked Maggie but I don't want Alex to have her first girlfriend on the show and it be done. Let her date, these shows SUCK with giving you options. The characters on Buffy/Angel went through multiple high profile relationships, Maggie can be end game but not at the moment.

I liked Maggie but I don't want Alex to have her first girlfriend on the show and it be done. Let her date, these shows SUCK with giving you options. The characters on Buffy/Angel went through multiple high profile relationships, Maggie can be end game but not at the moment.

I would like to see some singleness for awhile from everyone. ;)

As a gay man, I am okay with glbt issues or themes in this but one thing about it but I think the wedding of Alex Danvers and Maggie is good but it's being dragged on too long and the emotional idea of having a family is getting too much in the way of them doing their job. Alex is good but needs to get back to being a agent like before and Maggie needs to do more criminal solving but as a couple but not bring it up in every episode.

On tonight's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW....they showed Themyscara. This opens up the possibility of Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl showing up in the Arrowverse shows.

I can see them bringing in Wonder Girl Donna Troy than Wonder Woman and they'll probably make her connect to Helen of Troy. Or they could make Donna the WW of the TV Universe.

On tonight's LEGENDS OF TOMORROW....they showed Themyscara. This opens up the possibility of Wonder Woman or Wonder Girl showing up in the Arrowverse shows.

Also the Warner Bros. director asking Ray Palmer if he had ever been in a movie and Ray saying no. (Brandon Routh played Superman in the movie "Superman Returns")
Even the fact that it was Warner Bros. studio is sort of an easter egg in the LoT is produced by Warner Bros.
I'm worried about my cholesterol level with all these easter eggs they are giving us.

Okay, I have another prediction for the remainder of season 3.

Please keep in mind that none of my major story predictions have come true. :p Yet.

Lena has two best friends for the first time in her life. In a single dramatic moment, she will learn that BOTH of them have hidden their true selves from her. This sends her into a massive tailspin, feeling betrayed and unable to trust anyone or anything. Temporarily without friends and feeling alone, her mother turns up and tempts her to join the dark side, which looks awfully enticing to Lena considering the way she feels. Hurt and abandoned, Lena considers embracing her heritage as a Luthor.

Then she and Kara become friends again and she's okay.

Okay, I have another prediction for the remainder of season 3.

Please keep in mind that none of my major story predictions have come true. :p Yet.

Lena has two best friends for the first time in her life. In a single dramatic moment, she will learn that BOTH of them have hidden their true selves from her. This sends her into a massive tailspin, feeling betrayed and unable to trust anyone or anything. Temporarily without friends and feeling alone, her mother turns up and tempts her to join the dark side, which looks awfully enticing to Lena considering the way she feels. Hurt and abandoned, Lena considers embracing her heritage as a Luthor.

Then she and Kara become friends again and she's okay.

They did that though, didn't they? Especially in the episode when Lillian was making that alien plague.

Personally, I would hate it if she were to turn evil simply because she found out the secret identity of her best friend. A friend who, in both guises, has had her back without fail on many occasions.

And Samantha has become a sympathetic villain. She has very little control over what Reign is doing, if any, and I think it would be more likely that Lena would try and reason with her, rather than succumb to a mental 'shift' to her daddy's Dark Side.

I wonder if they're doing a possible Legion of Superheroes spinoff and replace Valor.

They did that though, didn't they? Especially in the episode when Lillian was making that alien plague.

Personally, I would hate it if she were to turn evil simply because she found out the secret identity of her best friend. A friend who, in both guises, has had her back without fail on many occasions.

And Samantha has become a sympathetic villain. She has very little control over what Reign is doing, if any, and I think it would be more likely that Lena would try and reason with her, rather than succumb to a mental 'shift' to her daddy's Dark Side.

Terrible and problematic Eugenics aside, it'd more be Mommy's dark side for the Luthors, wouldn't it? Unless Lex's dad was a villain as well?

Okay.. Based on all the speculation I am seeing on various forums...

How likely is it that Saturn Girl is evil and mind controlling/manipulating Mon El.

I don't want it because making one of the people evil/double-agent is a tired old love-triangle cliche that rarely happens in real life.

But.. you know... This being the CW where you have characters who are in love with two vampire brothers who in turn are in love with two women who look the same...

I don't see how they can have Mon El ending up with Kara without seriously undermining his character (which is already happening by the way he has been behaving since coming back); unless, they do it by killing Imra's character... Which would also be, in my opinion, terrible.

Okay.. Based on all the speculation I am seeing on various forums...

How likely is it that Saturn Girl is evil and mind controlling/manipulating Mon El.

I don't want it because making one of the people evil/double-agent is a tired old love-triangle cliche that rarely happens in real life.

But.. you know... This being the CW where you have characters who are in love with two vampire brothers who in turn are in love with two women who look the same...

I don't see how they can have Mon El ending up with Kara without seriously undermining his character (which is already happening by the way he has been behaving since coming back); unless, they do it by killing Imra's character... Which would also be, in my opinion, terrible.

Well, we will have one happy #Karamel shipper group, and a very unhappy Legion of Superheroes comic fan group. I'm not all that invested in the Legion or #Karamel, so doesn't really matter to me.

I'm rewatching episode 4, "The Faithful." I had forgotten about the scene at Ruby's soccer match, in which one of the cult followers hands Sam a flyer. The woman mysteriously knows who Sam and Ruby are, and tells Sam that Ruby is special.

I'm thinking about that scene in relation to the one in episode 9, "Reign," in which the cult leader knew about Reign's symbol.

• How did the cultist who approached Sam that day know there was anything Kryptonian about Sam and Ruby?
  • If a worshiper of Supergirl knew Sam would become Reign, wouldn't she consider Sam the enemy and try to warn Supergirl?
  • Does anyone else in the cult know about Sam?
  • The cult leader told Kara about Reign's symbol, but he didn't seem to know anything about Sam (he would have mentioned her), so why would one of his followers have known about Sam?
  • Why did the cultist say that Ruby, rather than Sam, is the one who is special?

I'm really hoping that scene is tied to Reign's story arc in a meaningful way. Otherwise, it's just a glaring plot hole, created by a cheap and disposable attempt to give the viewer some vague, but meaningless, foreboding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"