Supergirl Season 4, Episode 1: "The American Alien" (SEASON PREMIERE; SPOILERS)

How about the Legion, incuding Mon-El? Why is Braniac still around? I have to say Braniac >>> Winn
To elaborate on what others have said, Mon-El and the Legion went back to the future because it's where they belong. When they returned the first time, they found that the future had changed, mostly for the better with no Blight, but the evil Brainiac had created a plague that affected all the rest of his kind (Coluans/AI's) but him, and Brainiac 5 could no longer survive there. So when they returned for the finale, Brainy had to stay back in this time, and Winn went with Mon-El to the future to help. And I completely agree Brainy>>>>Winn. But Winn is supposed to return in a recurring (but not regular) role at some point.

And.. Kara is great as a mentor. Not like Cat Grant at all.

No, she's not like Cat. That's not the first thing I thought of when she was giving her speech at the end. I thought in fact that she was a little too much like Supergirl. Not acting like Kara. Isn't someone going to see that her personality is exactly the same there?

Who is Sam Twitter playing?

I enjoyed it. The Graves and Agent Liberty look to be good villains for the season. Hope Otis gets out to interact with Mercy. Brainy continues to be great.

Is Otis meant to be that buffoon played by Ned Beatty alongside Gene Hackman in the Donner Superman films?

A callback to him, yes. Like Ms. Tessmacher.

It was a good premier. I liked Kara's doing saves around the world and that Superman has a good excuse to be absent. Argo might just be a great vacation spot. I find myself being a little cringy about the alien-hate stuff though, mostly because I want to escape the real world and not be constantly reminded when trying to relax. Another is that I would agree that the writers don't really have the chops for it.
I liked Kara's interaction with Nia and I think she is a good addition, and also liked Brainy on the show, although... What was that metal binding made from that Supergirl could not break it? Was it merely a reason to get Brainy out of the DEO and show off in order to help? There certainly was no follow-up dialogue about super metals that resist being torn apart by a Kryptonian. I really wish they wouldn't suddenly diminish her strength in order to make drama, but then that goes back to 'lacking chops.' I keep being reminded about how Kara couldn't get out of a plastic wrapper...

The Agent of Liberty is suitably creepy, and I like that they had the courage to just kill that woman off at the end. Don't know why they had her tied up there, though... It might be explained later.

Still, a good show, though I have to say it paled a bit compared to Arrow and the Flash. Arrow had suitably weighted drama, whereas SG just feels a little too 'flighty.' And the Flash has Cisco!! There's a great level of humor that threads through the Flash that both Arrow and SG lack.

They've already established that Nth metal is a thing Cadmus uses on Earth, and Supergirl can't bend/break it. Lillian said it was what her cage was made out of when Kara and Mon-El were captured.

Thought the episode was ok.

Hearing Bruno Mannheim’s name was the highlight for me.

Was lowkey hoping Otis would be like version in the Young Justice toon. Interested in whatever background info they might show about him and Mercy and their connection to Lex.

Surprised they remembered about Samantha and Ruby.

Totally forgot about Russian Kara until she showed up at the end.

Will Samantha ever guest star again? Is there no room for her at all in the cast? They could've made her Chyler's girlfriend. Then that would've killed two birds with one stone, because Chyler would've had a step daughter to look after as well.

Yeah, she and J'onn have had this conversation back in S1, when talking about him coming out as a Martian being different from how it is for her. So she's just regressing for the sake of the writers getting their soapbox.

Guess we'll be meeting Bruno Mannheim this season.
well let remember what happened back then though that did happen and then alex took over from kara into pressuring J'onn into coming til he did to save kara and people on the streets and then he was detained for a while then the president came in allowed him to stay as director. so some both Kara & Alex saw their pushiness and pressuring as validated and they are still to a certain degree still that way at times.

It's happening since then too, Kara and alex have this sad problem when their wrong in certain degree they act to ward people . it's like having problem of admittance to it "or to say it they aren't always absolutely right ."
And man are they stubborn about it.
she's shouldn't have been so quick & stubborn to not listen to him though. and tick of when he said he would fight as he used to anymore.

So if the president has been exposed as an alien, then will she be removed from office? What will be the process?

I thought Russian Kara landed in Siberia. Is Kasnia meant to be in Russia or one of these former Soviet states? It almost sounds like a former Yugoslavian state.

They ought to have another place called Bosakhstan. :o

So if the president has been exposed as an alien, then will she be removed from office? What will be the process?

I thought Russian Kara landed in Siberia. Is Kasnia meant to be in Russia or one of these former Soviet states? It almost sounds like a former Yugoslavian state.

They ought to have another place called Bosakhstan. :o
well I guess with the president it'll be a fast impeachment and saying she's not native to the planet & the fact she was posing as human . it's the fact they will say she has been pretending to be a human and it'll invalidate all her policy's . and all those that ran against her and looking to run against her will be at their nastiest and have filed day with it. next to the Anti alien people saying they been taking over places of business & other places of power to get afoot hold in controlling humanity.

so race riot's might happen.

with Russian kara it most likely former now but when she came into being landing there who know's?

well I guess with the president it'll be a fast impeachment and saying she's not native to the planet & the fact she was posing as human . it's the fact they will say she has been pretending to be a human and it'll invalidate all her policy's . and all those that ran against her and looking to run against her will be at their nastiest and have filed day with it. next to the Anti alien people saying they been taking over places of business & other places of power to get afoot hold in controlling humanity.

so race riot's might happen.

with Russian kara it most likely former now but when she came into being landing there who know's?

I thought Russian Kara only appeared recently, and not during the time of the Soviet Union. Wasn't the double only created at the end of last season, so she only has existed perhaps a few months at most, not years.

I thought Russian Kara only appeared recently, and not during the time of the Soviet Union. Wasn't the double only created at the end of last season, so she only has existed perhaps a few months at most, not years.
your correct but I really don't remember what era she landed in in Russia . (I doubt it was the age of Anitasia. or the old age Rasputin existed. )
since original Kara was time traveling to cause it is something weird happened. but it could have been in present day earth 38.

your correct but I really don't remember what era she landed in in Russia . (I doubt it was the age of Anitasia. or the old age Rasputin existed. )
since original Kara was time traveling to cause it is something weird happened. but it could have been in present day earth 38.

Well unless Earth 38's history is very different, the time of Anastasia or Rasputin was not during the Soviet Union. The USSR is only a 20th century phenomenon and not even from the start of the century. In the early 20th century it was still Russia until 1922.

But it broke up in 1991. Russian Kara didn't land there as a baby pre 1991. She landed as an adult. And it was probably after the 1990s. Nothing so far indicates she landed there at any other time than a few months ago earlier in 2018 as a fully-formed adult.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think they had her land in the past. If they did, they haven't revealed it yet. I think she's only been here for a few months at this point. Thus why nobody else knows she exists yet.

Yeah, I don't think they had her land in the past. If they did, they haven't revealed it yet. I think she's only been here for a few months at this point. Thus why nobody else knows she exists yet.
True but the Russian's are good at secret's when they want to be . but I doubt she landed in the far past ether.

They've already established that Nth metal is a thing Cadmus uses on Earth, and Supergirl can't bend/break it. Lillian said it was what her cage was made out of when Kara and Mon-El were captured.

A little reminder from them would be good, cause I had forgotten that.:O

That was also the ep in which Supergirl decided not to use her super speed in order to beat Cadmus...

As for Red Supergirl, I just assumed she was in the current time frame. And I wonder what they have her doing? I would assume that the avalanche in the beginning that threatened the train was caused by Red Kara's pummeling a tunnel underground. My question is why though..? It can't be for a secret tunnel, as seismic sensors all over the world would register the impacts, much less Supergirl being able to hear it as well. If it is for a secret tunnel, it would have been better to have her burning a tunnel through the ground with her heat vision.

A little reminder from them would be good, cause I had forgotten that.:O

That was also the ep in which Supergirl decided not to use her super speed in order to beat Cadmus...

As for Red Supergirl, I just assumed she was in the current time frame. And I wonder what they have her doing? I would assume that the avalanche in the beginning that threatened the train was caused by Red Kara's pummeling a tunnel underground. My question is why though..? It can't be for a secret tunnel, as seismic sensors all over the world would register the impacts, much less Supergirl being able to hear it as well. If it is for a secret tunnel, it would have been better to have her burning a tunnel through the ground with her heat vision.

I thought she was training and that they had just gone to a remote location deep underground to have her train. I may be wrong of course; but that is the impression I got.

Hmm.. Quote works differently now. (Or, is it just for me?).

Hmm.. Quote works differently now. (Or, is it just for me?).
You might be using the multi-quote button. To quote someone now, all you have to do is hit the "Reply" button on their post.

You might be using the multi-quote button. To quote someone now, all you have to do is hit the "Reply" button on their post.
Oh! Okay. Thanks. :up:

Oh! We still have all the great smileys you guys previously had...:applaud

I thought it was a good first ep back, we see Supergirl going international while as Kara she's taking on more responsibility at CatCo and mentoring the new girl. We got a look at Alex's new role as head of the DEO and her dynamic with Brainy, we saw what J'onn is doing regarding the alien intergration and found out Lena is still in contact with her Mom while continuing to tread in some grey areas, and we were introduced to Mercy (perfectly played by Rhona Mitra) and the menacing Agent Liberty, all good roots planted for the season and we got a Danvers sisters in the apartment scene to boot! :D

Cool to see Tiya Sircar in a live action role as well, albeit short lived.

Wonder what Russian Supergril was up to in the tunnel beneath the train Kara saved at the start of the ep. :hmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"