Supergirl Season 4, Episode 14: "Stand and Deliver" (SPOILERS)

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
SUPERGIRL TAKES A STAND

Between Ben Lockwood’s (Sam Witwer) new push to stir up the anti-alien movement and the Elite’s desire to target Lockwood and his minions, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) is concerned about the safety of the American people – both human and alien. When Lockwood organizes a rally, the aliens decide to peacefully protest. Brainiac (Jesse Rath) and J’onn (David Harewood) join the alien march while Supergirl and Dreamer (Nicole Maines) patrol to keep everyone safe. Meanwhile, James (Mehcad Brooks) picks up his camera again to cover the march for CatCo, and Hayley (April Parker Jones) assigns Alex (Chyler Leigh) a job that clashes with her beliefs. When The Elite and Ben Lockwood stir up trouble at the rally, Supergirl is forced to take a stand. Jonathan Bennett guest stars.

Andi Armaganian directed the episode written by Rob Wright & Jess Kardos.

Funny for Brainy to mention the Women's March among the other ones that he listed, considering that Benoist was actually at the Women's March in real life.

I had a feeling that something would happen to James after he took the pic with Humans and aliens. I have a pretty good idea who did it.

Didn’t they use the Mad World song in Smallville. I don’t remember which episode tho.

Good episode. I liked that it ended with Jimmy getting shot.

Before that, I beginning to feel that the episode was ending in a nice little bow which would have been unrealistic and disappointing for me given the tensions and hatred between the two sides.

So it made sense that team Supergirl wouldn't get off that easily after making Lockwood look bad.

That's what happens to peacemakers ,and given the fact that Olsen has been thorn in their side throughout the season, it would make sense if a sympathizer went after him. Its realistic.

Now , it could end up having to do with Lena's storyline ,though I think it would actually be alot better if it was connected to the Children of Liberty conflict.

The Hat name dropped Mr. Myxzptlk(Mxy) the fifth dimensional imp must have given The Hat his hat. Looks like Brainy has plans for it.

I had a feeling that something would happen to James after he took the pic with Humans and aliens. I have a pretty good idea who did it.

Who do you think did it?

It seemed an odd choice that Nia was in costume the whole ep almost.

Good episode, Alex having to bodyguard the Ben Shaprio of the Arrowverse was an interesting conflict for her and I am loving The Hat, he's been a cool addition. The Alien march was one of those relfections of the current real world that could have went wrong but I thought was nicely handled, and I thought Kara training Dreamer on the job had some funny moments.

I think J'onn was spot on when he called Manchester Black on him just looking for an excuse to do what he's doing, he's a fraud and I can't wait for the Manhunter to whoop that ash.

The ending surprised me, Jimmy getting shot in the back, I wonder if he's going to end up being Lena's test subject for her superhero serum. :hmm

I’m looking at Eve Tessmacher.

Why do you think she did it? When has she shown any villainous side?

Seems more like the work of one of the Children of Liberty or the Elite. Or even someone Guardian took down.

Whole episode I was sitting waiting for J'onn to Martian up. And then he just does it so briefly.

I want to see more of the Sun-Eater.

Maybe Lex was the one who had James get shot just to mess with everyone.

Didn’t they use the Mad World song in Smallville. I don’t remember which episode tho.
Visage

The conflict between J'onn and Manchester made this episode. Looking forward to seeing more of that and looking forward to Lex next week!

Was traveling this week, so I didn't get to see the episode 'til now. Ended up being much better than I expected based on the description, which seems to be my mantra for this season, lol. Not quite as good as last week, but another strong entry. Still loving the Elite, the J'onn/Manchester conflict was more compelling this week, as was Kara's internal debate about how to approach the march, this Lockwood stuff's being handled pretty well, and I'm no longer too worried about the direction they're taking Lena in. Looking forward to meeting her brother next ep.

As for James getting shot, eh, we know it (unfortunately) won't be fatal, but I'm at least glad to see him acknowledging how much more good can be done and impact can be made via the MEDIA EMPIRE HE RUNS than could be done as Guardian. He's honestly seemed blind to that for the last two seasons now.

Another good one from the Superverse! The Elite were written a lot better this ep. Manchester of course is always a plus. I liked Dreamer having to be pulled back from time to time while rounding them up, and that she was just 'breaking her costume in.' Also cute hearing that Kara slept in her costume when she first got it. Would have liked to have had a scene of that.

J'onn/Manchester were the driving force behind this ep, as he just keeps on needling the Manhunter. Though I have to question the lack of security at the Fortress. There wasn't even a sign of Kleenex II, though he probably would have been destroyed if he had shown up. Maybe Felicity could make an alert system for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"