Supergirl Season 4, Episode 15: "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" (SPOILERS)

The end made it all possible. Eve Tessmacher revealing to work for Lex didn’t surprise me after last week.

Imagine a new Superman movie or TV series with Tyler Hoechlin, Bitsie Tulloch, and Jon Cryer.

Lex is going to show the the villains of other DCU shows how it’s done and why he is Superman’s arch-enemy.

Jon’s Lex reminds me of former pro wrestler Justin Credible.

I agree

Let us not forget when Reign visited. I do not doubt that it was full of even more booby traps that he could activate. I figure that the cloak was just to remind us that the mansion could cloak.

I appreciate that the series is somewhat cartoony in nature - with lots of sci-fi conceits and over-the-top villains. But even within those parameters, it seemed as if Lex was being set up as a slightly more “grounded” Big Bad. I.e., his expertise is as a genius-level criminal mastermind. And as such, I was kinda expecting an impressively cunning, Hannibal Lecter-esque escape plan. Instead, the climax consisted of a lot of easy/lazy tech. Moreover, it appears that TPTB were keen for a STM homage: a Lex-Otis-Teschmacher reunion. But while Eve’s betrayal might have been suspected, the sudden return of dead Otis just came out of nowhere. So, like I said, a heavy reliance on lazy/pulled-from-the-butt plot contrivances.

I would've preferred if Lex always eluded escape in a cunning way like Michael Rosenbaum or John Glover. Simply that he would outwit his enemy or find a legal loophole.

Didn't really like the way he suddenly started becoming more eccentric and even campy at the end after the lasers and with the classical music.

Now what is Eve going to do with Lena? I was hoping Eve wouldn't be bad as she seemed like a friend to Lena. I guess Lena doesn't have anyone now.

So who actually pulled the trigger that shot James? Was it Eve or Otis? They should've at least revealed that. Or are they going to have a Dallas type of mystery like "Who shot JR?" with "Who shot JO"?

It was Eve who shot James as a part of Lex's plan to make Lena work on the cure.

And I'm really liking this Lex. Cryer is really bringing him out. Yes, a little campy at the end but I can forgive them for giving me a good episode. And I think they are going to give us even better next week.

I loved the conversation between him and Lena and they story he told. Esp how he feels Lena will always land in the light because she comes from light. Renewed hope for Lena!

As for Manchester, the easy assumption is that he is gone, especially with the Legion Ring being left behind. But I think it would be a waste of the character to end him now, so I think he will turn up again. There is still a possibility of Lena's work giving him his powers, or of him gaining those power through contact with the Martian staff.

It was Eve who shot James as a part of Lex's plan to make Lena work on the cure.

And I'm really liking this Lex. Cryer is really bringing him out. Yes, a little campy at the end but I can forgive them for giving me a good episode. And I think they are going to give us even better next week.

I loved the conversation between him and Lena and they story he told. Esp how he feels Lena will always land in the light because she comes from light. Renewed hope for Lena!

As for Manchester, the easy assumption is that he is gone, especially with the Legion Ring being left behind. But I think it would be a waste of the character to end him now, so I think he will turn up again. There is still a possibility of Lena's work giving him his powers, or of him gaining those power through contact with the Martian staff.

I've said last week that Eve was the one who shot James and certain people here didn't believe me.

He is only doing 3 eps according to Cryer. Manchester will be in some dreams or something like that with Jonn...I think.

Three episodes is probably all DC allowed the show to use Lex for. Doesn't mean he'll never ever be back but like Superman DC will limit his use.

Also, Cryer is expensive. I never expected him to be around for the rest of the season.

Really good episode, I thought Cryer did well as Lex, certainly better than the last 2 live action incarnations, and I like that they are keeping Lena on her own path and not taking the cheap, easy route with her which it felt like was on the horizon, the scenes between the two were excellent, some of the best of the season IMO.

As for the over the top escape, it was a bit campy but I didn't hate it, and I loved the final shot of Supergirl facing Lex in the chopper, how did she get the alert that something was going on at Lena's mansion?

Mercy better be secretly alive somewhere too, dammit. :argh:

You could see from the hand that set off the Supergirl alert on James' watch that the shooter was a woman, so when Otis was revealed I was expecting Mercy to be revelaed as the one that shot James.

Btw, what about those Speed references? :D:

Really good episode, I thought Cryer did well as Lex, certainly better than the last 2 live action incarnations, and I like that they are keeping Lena on her own path and not taking the cheap, easy route with her which it felt like was on the horizon, the scenes between the two were excellent, some of the best of the season IMO.

As for the over the top escape, it was a bit campy but I didn't hate it, and I loved the final shot of Supergirl facing Lex in the chopper, how did she get the alert that something was going on at Lena's mansion?

You could see from the hand that set off the Supergirl alert on James' watch that the shooter was a woman, so when Otis was revealed I was expecting Mercy to be revelaed as the one that shot James.

Btw, what about those Speed references? :D:

I think we might see how she knew to be there in a flashback in the next ep. Otherwise there's very little reason other than coincidence.

I think we might see how she knew to be there in a flashback in the next ep. Otherwise there's very little reason other than coincidence.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, unless they say Kara was keeping an eye on things due to it being Lex.

It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, unless they say Kara was keeping an eye on things due to it being Lex.

Until that moment, I don't recall there being any interaction at all between their two story lines. She was blissfully unaware of Lex.

Thinking about it, there must have been a call for back-up that SG heard, and she knows that address.

They were also making a lot of commotion, and she does have super-hearing, after all.

Remember when I heard the news about the Lex casting, I thought Cryer would still just be Allen from Two & Half Men to me so wasn't really that happy about it. After watching that epsidoe im happy to hold my hands up and admit

From start to finish Cryer was excellent as Lex I especially liked him snapping at the start of the episode with the "I was supposed to be the man of tomorrow not him!" quote that was pure comic book Lex. His whole manipulation of Lena was actually one of the better criminal plans seen on the show and that bit with him taking out the cops with the lasers was the type of thing you expect a comic book villain's house to do :funny:

No, I don't remember that..... :cwink:

I stopped watching Supergirl after with the crossover durign this season which I thought was awful.. I ranomly started up against last weekend with this and holy sh-t! I loved this episode and it was everything! I enjoyed the twist at the end and Ive been marathoning the rest of the season since then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"