Supergirl Season 4, Episode 18: "Crime and Punishment" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode description:

WILLIE GARSON GUEST STARS — Kara (Melissa Benoist) and Lena (Katie McGrath) head to Stryker’s Island to search for clues on how to defeat Lex. At the prison, Kara tries to befriend a nosy prisoner, Steve (guest star Willie Garson), who may have insight into what Lex was doing, while Lena studies an array of puzzles Lex left behind in the hopes of discovering his whereabouts. While there, a prison riot breaks out and Kara must find a way to stop the prisoners without revealing her secret identity as Supergirl. Meanwhile, Kelly (guest star Azie Tesfai) encourages James (Mehcad Brooks) to talk to someone for his PTSD, and Alex (Chyler Leigh) faces off against Ben Lockwood (Sam Witwer) after he storms the DEO and acquires some powerful weapons to hunt Supergirl. Antonio Negret directed the episode with story by Rob Wright and teleplay by Lindsay Sturman & Aadrita Mukerji (#418). Original airdate 4/21/2019.

Here's the promo:

Last edited:
Why is there such a long break? And then why is it being shown on Easter Sunday of all days? You don't normally get episodes on Christmas Day because people might be out somewhere or with family.

Idk, but the ratings will NOT be good for this return episode.

I don't think Easter will hit it all that much, most of that is morning and afternoon festivities....

And long break??????? Are you kidding, you don't remember the 10 week break last year?

Yeah a 2 week break is not long lol.

I don’t think ratings are usually any good on Easter because people are often busy visiting with family and having Easter dinner and whatnot, but we’ll see.

Updated OP with episode description.

Guess I was wrong about Lockwood's reactions in the previous ep, lol.

Updated description:

WILLIE GARSON GUEST STARS — Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Lena (Katie McGrath) head to Stryker’s Island to search for clues on how to defeat Lex. At the prison, Supergirl tries to befriend a nosy prisoner, Steve (guest star Willie Garson), who may have insight into what Lex was doing, but he and all of the prisoners regard her as a traitor to the country and refuse to talk to her. Lena realizes Lex left behind clues for her and deciphering them could be the key to his whereabouts. Meanwhile, Kelly (guest star Azie Tesfai) encourages James (Mehcad Brooks) to talk to someone about his PTSD, and Alex (Chyler Leigh) faces off against Ben Lockwood (Sam Witwer) after he storms the DEO and acquires some powerful weapons to hunt Supergirl. Antonio Negret directed the episode with story by Rob Wright and teleplay by Lindsay Sturman & Aadrita Mukerji (#418). Original airdate 4/21/2019.

Not sure which episode, people on Twitter seem to want to just bench about the spoilers, not actually say what they are....but apparently an actor recently working on the set has set off a firestorm with some spoilers.

Not sure which episode, people on Twitter seem to want to just ***** about the spoilers, not actually say what they are....but apparently an actor recently working on the set has set off a firestorm with some spoilers.
Any indication of what they even pertain to?

Not really, but from the whining maybe a character is returning for a moment or something....honestly, it is just a bunch of whining.

Damn. I thought Supergirl was on this week and was looking forward to watching it, and then I remembered it wasn't until Easter Sunday.

Not really, but from the whining maybe a character is returning for a moment or something....honestly, it is just a bunch of whining.
Gosh, I can't imagine which character that would be. ;)

No, its a hoax, said he was coming from the future as some kind of Super clone and Monel was part of his name or something.....just stupid.

I know.....I read it and was.....SERIOUSLY? U guys believed that?

Kryptonian shield? Kara's literally got plot armor to protect her. Though that plan by Otis was...stupid. I can't tell if it was just stalling for time because there's no way in bad place any of those human prisoners would've stood even a ghost of a chance against a Kryptonian.

Oh, and that one Edward Snowden-esque prisoner referring to Kara as Lex's nemesis? That's funny.

Don't worry, they only introduce those Kryptonite shields when they're gonna fail, lol.

I do enjoy watching SG tear through prisoners like they're nothing, and appreciate that she was still doing it when we returned from commercials.

I like seeing Supergirl and Lena Luthor investigating Lex’s cell together.

Other one was Brainiac 5, Alex, Nia, and Col Haley slowing down Ben Lockwood.

I hope James becomes Elastic!!

Don't worry, they only introduce those Kryptonite shields when they're gonna fail, lol.

I do enjoy watching SG tear through prisoners like they're nothing, and appreciate that she was still doing it when we returned from commercials.
Yep, it only took them 3/4ths of the freakin season to get to it. I hope James goes back to Metropolis.....

...do the civilians of this world not yet know that both Superman, and Supergirl are impervious to the typical street level bullet, and yet they continue to use them against her.

Edit: And mere prisoners trying to best Supergirl in a fistfight?

Last edited:
They never figured it out in the comics...so why would they in any other genre? It is what it is....

I mean, Superman commented on that back in Season 2.

I hope we get Metallo Mercy someday.

Maybe Jimmy Olsen will become the next Metallo!

Why don't they ever show his shooting from the perspective of Eve shooting him?

It was cool to see Supergirl and Lena working with each other. I wish Lena would accidentally call her Kara. Is she going to reveal herself to Lena and Chyler at some point, especially after they've been helping her?

Is the vision that Nia had of the Children of Liberty seizing Brainy still going to come true? Just because he kept a copy doesn't mean that it's going to avert that future she saw. After all, the president deputised them at the end, which means they could come into the DEO at any point dressed like that.

Yeah, not the brightest specimens of humanity, are they..? But then again they are in prison. That guy on the street though doesn't have any excuse. :nuhu:

Was really nice seeing Lena and Supergirl working together now, though Lex's little surprise for her is still something that has to come out. Lena covered for it nicely though!

Despite how one-sided it was, the prison fight was entertaining. I know she should have super-sped through all of them, locking them back into their cells while she was at it but where's the fun in that? Her fight with Otis was good too, though of course they made him onto a Motello. And apparently one they can piece back together at will.

Interesting to see what is happening to James. Lena was supposed to have given him the non-super version of the Harunel drug, but clearly they don't know all they should about it. Makes me wonder what else it will do, such as altering his mind or making him terminally sick? And if he does get terminally sick, would that be a way the show would defeat Lex, since they got almost the same drug..?

The Kryptonite shield was really stupid. So was SG changing to Kara to avoid Otis.

Total dull filler ep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"