Supergirl Season 4, Episode 4: "Ahimsa" (SPOILERS)

Are you sure you don't mean...

An 80's Show?
tumblr_m7p6jgso3c1rq37leo1_500.png

lol.

I meant a 70s show because it reminded me of something from the time of Bionic Woman or Six Million Dollar Man.

Do you just mean in terms of look? Cause I know what you mean but character wise he came off very much as Manchester Black to me.

Mostly in terms of look. When he first appeared, I thought "hey, it's Blade!"

Boy, am I out of step with this board.

I disliked the last ep that everyone loved, and enjoyed this one that was meh to many. I agree it had flaws, but the MB actor is top notch. Plus, Kara, Alex and pie? Nice.

Kara fighting in the armor was pretty cool, but Lena made it, right? So how come it has the \S/ symbol on it?

I liked Agent Liberty taking charge over Mercy and Otis, not sure about the Wrath of Khan earwig gimmick though. :yuk:

The scene of Guardian riding through some bad guys on his motorbike and then not doing anything else was so random. :huh:

Kara fighting in the armor was pretty cool, but Lena made it, right? So how come it has the \S/ symbol on it?

I liked Agent Liberty taking charge over Mercy and Otis, not sure about the Wrath of Khan earwig gimmick though. :yuk:

The scene of Guardian riding through some bad guys on his motorbike and then not doing anything else was so random. :huh:

I forget, was it made as a protective suit against kryptonite? If so, then it was made for a Kryptononian. Either way, that it has an S on the chest and it was made by Lena just further shows her dedication to going the opposite of the normal Luther route. I really hope we start seeing some real reconciliations between her and Supergirl.

I thought this episode was good. Not the best, and that's mainly for how quickly Mercy and Otis were taken out. There was no build up to it, so it was a very quick moment. Believable, in that their chosen 'weapons' would turn in their hands, but it just needed a little more lead-in.

Also Guardian... I can see why they brought the suit back out, but again we needed to see more than him just running people down with the bars sticking off his bike. There were some after-action shots, but I would have liked to have seen more at the time.

As for the President, his turn around did seem pretty abrupt. His bombastic attitude was surprising, but he also looked like a man deeply under stress. So I hope it was just something in the moment. It would be weird for Marsden's VP to be so opposed philosophically.

And yes, Supergirl definitely needs to put some distance between herself and the DEO if that is the attitude they are going to take. Sorry Alex. She was not employed by the DEO or under their command before, so it is weird that would be the stance now. If that's so, then her cousin had the better idea. If they need her, they can call the S-phone!

Does he not already have them? In that fight scene he was able to avoid getting hit when he just on that chair. Just feels like he may already have some abilities with his mind that he’s not yet sharing.
Hmmm, I guess it's possible, but all I saw in that fight scene was fancy footwork. I don't think I've seen any evidence of powers, and I'm not sure guns would be his go-to if he had them yet. But like I said, you could be right that he's just secretive about them too. I just have a feeling we're gonna see him get his powers at some point. The Children of Liberty seem to be into human experiments now, so maybe he becomes one of their projects or something.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I guess it's possible, but all I saw in that fight scene was fancy footwork. I don't think I've seen any evidence of powers, and I'm not sure guns would be his go-to if he had them yet. But like I said, you could be right that he's just secretive about them too. I just have a feeling we're gonna see him get his powers at some point. The Children of Liberty seem to be into human experiments now, so maybe he becomes one of their projects or something.

Ah you are probably right there

It's probably Manchester Blade's vampiric abilities kicking in as a daywalker. :o

And yes, Supergirl definitely needs to put some distance between herself and the DEO if that is the attitude they are going to take. Sorry Alex. She was not employed by the DEO or under their command before, so it is weird that would be the stance now. If that's so, then her cousin had the better idea. If they need her, they can call the S-phone!

Ok,so I looked after flick chick mentioned it in a weird shock. but it seem's some of us forgot after J'onn came out to her saying he was an alien after showing alex and this is after their own strain between kara and J'onn mostly over j'onn issue with superman before he told her about that and after the near prison break of both Jem and her kara beating down Maxima at start of an episode in between both season 1-2

J'onn did in fact call kara agent danvers too. Not just alex. Kara.

the othe two time's it was mentioned I believe when she was made to leave catco after working with her new superivor & editor (carl it was the bald guy that really hard on her reporting ) and that time period last year where she was puttingout how she wasn't human on her self and only wanted to be supergirl and not kara and she was only doing Deo work. .

There's also that thing where she say she works with her sister at the deo alot . ( in other place even though you say "you work with " in stead of " for" your still a memberor employee of that organization. kinda like how sideny bristo said it alo in the Alias, but she was considered Cia even she still did her own thing alot)

as to pay it's not unheard of for certain agency 's to have their agent's have their pay in seprate accounts for their own emergency money. that only they can acess under other names. and only they know about depending . on that shows universe.

She does live a double life works with them heavely.

the only thing that was ever weard was how alex even before he became director and say how they don't like fallow other rules push people to fallow theirruls at times which put the inthe weird place in why is she not in more trouble punishment wise? & that's be side when j'onn was there. it can be said it was cause he was always protecting from that but now that he's gone work wise.....

but that time the did go to far into making other deo agent's do what Alex wanted and she wasn't high up enough til recently when J'onn made her director. that's something to keep in mind this show is weirdly loose with hierarchy /chane of command and alex weirdly get away with a lot.

Last edited:
It was also nostalgic to see the old DEO cave base.

It was also nostalgic to see the old DEO cave base.
it's weird that there's no one there to have noticed the prisoners being broken out. I thought lucy was left in charge of that palce. yeah I'm a ware the actress is too busy state side with jenifer lopze's world of dace and her kid's . but that was what I remember. and she was sorta left like ether executive assistant or assistant or deputy director over seeing that place.

When did we see that?
it was at the start of the show befor the super girl logo and that other traitor deo recruit was killed by the graves siblings and agent liberty bput that mental control on those prsioners from there to act cray cray to the public. .

( in other place even though you say "you work with " in stead of " for" your still a memberor employee of that organization. kinda like how sideny bristo said it alo in the Alias, but she was considered Cia even she still did her own thing alot).

See, I've always seen her as not working for, but always with. For me, that's a huge distinction. Now, it is possible that because Alex is her sister, that she didn't make a big deal about it, esp being as weak as she was, but I would hope that if it ever pops up again, that she would put whomever assumes it right into their place.

I REALLY hope they're building to the point where she's forced to re-examine her relationship with them. As Primal and I have been preaching for a while now, in terms of keeping the show fresh - the DEO were her training wheels, and she needs to get rid of them. They've been her constant safety net throughout this whole series, and I think it works both from a character and dramatic standpoint, to part ways with them. Like Buffy "graduating" from the Watcher's Council, it just needs to happen at some point. I mean, J'onn's no longer there, she'll always have Alex and Brainy as allies, so they aren't that vital to the dynamics of the series. I say take drastic measures, go all SHIELD in The Winter Soldier and burn the whole venture (which is clearly already full of divided loyalties) to the ground.

I REALLY hope they're building to the point where she's forced to re-examine her relationship with them. As Primal and I have been preaching for a while now, in terms of keeping the show fresh - the DEO were her training wheels, and she needs to get rid of them. They've been her constant safety net throughout this whole series, and I think it works both from a character and dramatic standpoint, to part ways with them. Like Buffy "graduating" from the Watcher's Council, it just needs to happen at some point. I mean, J'onn's no longer there, she'll always have Alex and Brainy as allies, so they aren't that vital to the dynamics of the series. I say take drastic measures, go all SHIELD in The Winter Soldier and burn the whole venture (which is clearly already full of divided loyalties) to the ground.
I'm a fraid that the deo are like star labs how do they pay the bill thing they may not touch unless they have the personlity ofthe writers on arrow where every thing must continuall go wrong with the othersaide happen for balance. causethey don't care about that. and they need her to hve place to fall back too as a support. they broke up her support of winn & james, and james is in the same mental mind set of kara . Where they both can't sit back and not be a hero and they both explained last episode .

Yeah I know people don't want james to be Guardin my self included but hein the same headspace as her. even though kara go into hypercrital mode and allows other from earth one if the just met them and they are new on the scene of being hero but that where her argument's fallpart after meeting others doing the samething as him.

any if they do that with kara rightnow she doesn't have any other support & have her pitted against the deo isn't appelin. it got real old with arrow for me. especilly with the effectiveness of the police in strling. that was toostupid that the only time thye are trully effective is huntting down the hero of the city / protagnist. and they are useless with ever other crime there is. I'm weirdly in the head space of no don't head into arrow territory please. I dropped that seriesfor so many reason's. especally where cameto common sense. andI've taken break from flash currently. they act stupid in important event's . & I needa break from it.

Last edited:
I didn't really like this episode. If Melissa wasn't available, maybe they could've used Superman instead just this one time. I thought it was kinda lame to put someone else in a suit and pretend it's Benoist walking around. It was too obvious for my liking, took me out of the show.

I also thought it seemed a bit inappropriate when Kara removed her helmet and had a big smile on her face... seconds after the main bad guys were killed (I had the impression Supergirl was all about no killing, no matter what)

Are Mercy and Otis actually dead? Or were they just neutralised with non-lethal arrows? If they're dead, that seems a bit quick that they meet their fates. I would've thought they'd stick around a lot longer in the season. If they did die at all, I assumed it would be much later towards the end.

Are Mercy and Otis actually dead? Or were they just neutralised with non-lethal arrows? If they're dead, that seems a bit quick that they meet their fates. I would've thought they'd stick around a lot longer in the season. If they did die at all, I assumed it would be much later towards the end.

I just watched the episode, they looked dead to me, and seeing how upset Alex was about it... And they didn't show them getting any medical treatment, or give any indication in a scene that Mercy and Otis were still arive.

I initially also thought they were hit with arrows, but then they showed the alien who shot them with his "spikes."

But I agree, it seems like a weird and rushed way to kill them off like that. I guess they could say Mercy and Otis were knocked out/poisoned(non lethal), but spikes to the chest seem pretty deadly to me

... If Melissa wasn't available, maybe they could've used Superman instead just this one time...

He'd still have the same problem she did with the Krypronite in the air.

I also thought it seemed a bit inappropriate when Kara removed her helmet and had a big smile on her face... seconds after the main bad guys were killed (I had the impression Supergirl was all about no killing, no matter what)

And I put that up to her being happy to be out of the suit. We know she has a condition about small spaces, coming from when she was young and stuck in the pod.

He'd still have the same problem she did with the Krypronite in the air.

Oh of course, you're right! I didn't even think about that... I was more focussed on the reality of the actress not being available.

But wasn't that storyline basically created to put her in the suit so Melissa could leave? I'm just saying if she can't shoot most of the scenes, just give us Superman instead. Maybe even some kind of prequel story, like a test pilot episode. Supernatural tried it a couple of times. (Unsuccesfully, I know)

I mean they did do that flashback high school episode a while back where she was barely in

I would've liked another flashback story to young Kara. It was great seeing the young actresses playing her and Chyler. They could've had their own little spin off.

But in the opening sequence for Supergirl each week, when she's in her pod, is that the same actress Izabela Vidovic? It doesn't quite look like her.

And I put that up to her being happy to be out of the suit. We know she has a condition about small spaces, coming from when she was young and stuck in the pod.

Maybe they could've edited it a bit better. This was like bad guys dead on the ground immediately followed by smiling Supergirl close up

I would've liked another flashback story to young Kara. It was great seeing the young actresses playing her and Chyler. They could've had their own little spin off.

Yeah or something like that would've been nice

But in the opening sequence for Supergirl each week, when she's in her pod, is that the same actress Izabela Vidovic? It doesn't quite look like her.

I'm watching it on Netflix so I never get to see that opening... But I think it's a different actress who played young Kara in the first season

Yeah or something like that would've been nice

I'm watching it on Netflix so I never get to see that opening... But I think it's a different actress who played Kara in the first season

Well Izabela Vidovic is a different actress to the one in the first season.

On closer inspection, at the 2:10 mark, I guess it could be her.

I like the music for the season 1 intro. It is so hopeful and inspiring. I wish they'd bring that back.

Also, they did a good job of casting Tyler as Superman. In the season 1 intro, although you can't see him properly because he's hidden by sunlight, it still looks like the silhouette of Tyler, and not someone completely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"