Supergirl Season 4, Episode 8: "Bunker Hill" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode description:
KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS; NIA BEGINS TO EMBRACE HER POWERS — Nia (Nicole Maines) has a powerful dream about Agent Liberty (Sam Witwer) but refuses to look at it as a prophetic dream and pushes it aside. After noticing something is bothering Nia, Kara (Melissa Benoist) enlists Brainy’s (Jesse Rath) help, and the two try to persuade Nia to embrace her destiny. Meanwhile, Manchester Black (guest star David Ajala) pays Ben Lockwood a menacing visit. Kevin Smith directed the episode written by Rob Wright & Eric Carrasco (#408).

I wonder if this is where Nia will find out Kara is Supergirl. It's going to feel like Legion of Superheroes-lite with Supergirl, Brainiac 5, and Nia.

Glad we're finally getting some proper Supergirl/Brainy interaction this season.

This Children of Liberty storyline doesn't seem to benefit Supergirl at all. The only two people that have encountered or will encounter Agent Liberty are James Olsen and Manchester Black. Supergirl hasn't met him other than Ben Lockwood through the debate as Kara Danvers.

I know it won't happen, but since this is the episode that Kevin Smith directed, I'd love if there turned out to be Earth-38 versions of Jay and Silent Bob like the Earth-1 takes we saw on The Flash. Again, won't happen, but I can only say that as a Kevin Smith fan.

That would be fun.

This seems like a good ep for him to direct considering he's dabbled in horror/fantasy a little bit and he gets to play with that element here.

Ha, well that was a fun little sequence.

Still not sure why these people are willing to give up their freedom for Agent Liberty.

Brainy....you are a being from the future...you being there CHANGES the future. You telling them about Nia aint gonna hurt anything more then you already have.

The new President is a dick.

Give J'onn an actual exciting storyline! David must be so bored.

Oh Mr.Lockwood...you get all tight lipped and peeing in your pants after the roles are reversed...

So if they are sticking with the "women get the power to see the future" thing then.. at least put in a line about the men once in a century getting it. I know Nia is trans, fine with that, but it wouldnt change her powers unless it has to deal with the amount of estrogen the females have compared to the males. Should've just stuck with everyone on the planet having the ability like in the comics.

Kara you are a terrible liar lol. Brainy you suck at babysitting and distracting. That was a quick fight but it was a fun fight.

Kara just come out already.

Ok, that little super speed move was downright adorable and I love Smith's directing this ep. Funny because the last two he directed were fine, but nothing really remarkable. This one's got flair to spare.

Remind me again why J'onn is confined to that room?

Ok that is pretty bad ass Kara. Good job Kevin.

Ok I was loving that until the Nth metal shattered to pieces because it got shaken really hard, lol. But I'll let it slide because I love SG power displays like that.

Ok. Now they're gonna pretend the DEO didn't know her identity all along. Dammit, show. You were doing so well.

tenor.gif

Okay, so based on that ending, I'm guessing Supergirl, Arrow, and Flash will all have teasers that lead into next week's crossover at the end of their respective shows.

Eeeeh, I could've done without that Elseworlds scene at the end. I prefer when the regular eps stay separate.

But yay for SG and the DEO parting ways. I hope it somehow sticks.

Ok. Now they're gonna pretend the DEO didn't know her identity all along. Dammit, show. You were doing so well.

I'm going to assume that Karas identity was only known at the highest clearance which none of these newbies had. And since the president and J'onn were gone from their positions, it never got passed on.

I'm going to assume that Karas identity was only known at the highest clearance which none of these newbies had. And since the president and J'onn were gone from their positions, it never got passed on.
But they used to say it rather freely in the open space of the DEO like all the time. Especially in the early days, J'onn was constantly calling her "Miss Danvers." But yeah yeah, S1 only kinda exists, I know the drill.

Eeeeh, I could've done without that Elseworlds scene at the end. I prefer when the regular eps stay separate.

But yay for SG and the DEO parting ways. I hope it somehow sticks.

I agree since now it kind of overshadowed the rest of the episode for me.

I don't see a real problem with Kara revealing her identity. Alex is in danger all the time. Her adopted mom could be put in witness protection.

I agree since now it kind of overshadowed the rest of the episode for me.
Meanwhile it did absolutely nothing for me, while I actually really enjoyed the rest of the episode, lol. Let's be real, I'm only in this crossover for Supes and Lois. And maybe a little bit of the body swap shenanigans. Would've been nice if THIS teaser had featured Supes instead considering the show.

Also, I get they named that world Earth-90 because of 1990 Flash, but dammit, they already explicitly established that there are "only" 53 Earths. At this point they're just rubbing their hatred of continuity in my face.

Watching this episode alone you can see that the storylines converge in the climax. It resolves the problems in the first half of this season.

When watching the first half up until this, the Children of Liberty was more about James Olsen and Manchester Black than Supergirl. Part of it was due to Melissa’s Broadway stint. Supergirl didn’t discover and meet Agent Liberty until now. Even if they want to focus on Kara Danvers the reporter, the writers should integrate her more.

Brainiac 5 and Nia are starting to become a team into themselves.

I feel Manchester is the real villain than Agent Libery.

The hype for the crossover begins as we see 1990 Flash and Monitor. I was right that his Earth would be called Earth-90, where we see several Easter eggs including Smallville’s Green Arrow and Black Canary. I would not be surprised if 1990 Flash dies just like the Crisis.

Good episode overall.

I'm really enjoying this season and Agent Liberty as the bad , at least for this half of the season. Its my favorite season of Supergirl so far, and imo seems to be successfully playing on some of the themes and ideas that Snyder and Co attempted in MOS and BvS ,while incorporating some of the political conflicts and divisions expressing themselves today.

At the same time, the writers have kept Kara and her supporting casts true to the spirit of their characters, even in the face of a threat and a climate that they can't punch or build a device to solve.

I like that they're moving beyond the CW, standard romantic cliques of the past few seasons, and are really giving the characters a challenge which isn't easy to overcome.

I really like what they're doing with the show this season. Its not for everyone to be sure, but I'm really digging it ,and am excited to see where the storyline goes.

I also loved hearing the old Flash TV theme song at the end of the episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"