The Flash Season 5: Episode 1 "Nora"

Web-Head

Up, Up and Away
Reaction score
The Flash is back tonight, everyone!

After an unexpected guest from the future appears at their home, Barry and Iris must figure out how to get her back to the future without disrupting the timeline

MV5BMTczNzUwNzE5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDE1NzA1NjM@._V1_.jpg

I'm glad that Cisco didn't name her. Let these metas name themselves and other people name em!

Barry you are GREAT at screwing up timelines and winning in the end so I think Nora will be fine.

I need a family Flash run! Nora/Wally/Barry all together running.

I hope that we see some of Iris' qualities in Nora and not all Barrys.

You mean Cisco didn't have time to repair his sick ass suit that had all those special features? I like how he says "its a little tighter" while having all that space as he pulls it lol.

I like how casually they are speaking about this in public, just imagine walking by and hearing them talk. That'd be fine.

Iris is probably dead in the future since she cant be living the happy life. Ok well she isnt dead so I am going to go with her being against Nora being a speedster out of feat of her disappearing like Barry which causes friction between the two.

Not the greatest way to hide a stunt double if you have htem falling in slow mo and she is white.

I wish we could explore Barry vanishing for 25 years (fun fact: in the comics Barry was gone for 23 years)

Why does the Daniel Cudmore always gotta get the bit pieces? Loved him as Colossus and he was wasted and now he gets to do almost nothing with this role.

THANK YOU BARRY! I was about to be PISSED if Wally just sits there as if he has no powers and isnt a fellow speedster.....

God that suit looks so awkward. It fits his body to well and needs more yellow.and he needs a chin strap.

Now HOW THE HELL did Cisco/Caitlin not know about a lounge in the place that they have worked FOREVER?

Last edited:
Ha, i remember that term from Batman Beyond. Schway.

Im digging this so far, honestly feels like more return to season 1 form then last year was suppose to. Alot of good time travel discussions too

Nora is becoming a great addition to the cast.

Overall it was a good premiere! Very refreshing but needed more Wally.

I'm really loving Barry and Nora's relationship, and overall I really enjoyed this episode. Had a few iffy moments, but it reminded me a lot more of season 1/2 than either of the past two seasons did. Was also really nice to see each character as intelligent.

Would've liked more Wally, was cool to see him mature a little bit and stand more on equal footing with Barry in terms of being a speedster.

Pretty Schway premiere. Nora is a solid addition to the cast and it seemed like they had a good role for everyone on Team Flash here in this episode, hope that continues.

Good episode. One of the better ones. Barry doesn't need the chin strap, he needs the helmet to be smaller..

Oh my god that Flash Ring moment was worth it.

I really enjoyed this premiere and I found Nora to be adorable. I like that Ralph is addressing every "plot hole" in the show e.g. Why didn't Thawne get a vasectomy instead of killing himself for one? or “if Barry saved me from the thinker then it could have created a timeline where I died during the particle accelerator explosion” lol.

XS mentioning Lightning Lad confirms that the Legion of Superheroes also exist in Earth One's future which is interesting I guess and I have a feeling that we will see a couple of members from the Legion later this season.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed this premiere and I found Nora to be adorable. I like that Ralph is addressing every "plot hole" in the show e.g. Why didn't Thawne get a vasectomy instead of killing himself for one? or “if Barry saved me from the thinker then it could have created a timeline where I died during the particle accelerator explosion” lol.

XS mentioning Lightning Lad confirms that the Legion of Superheroes also exist in Earth One's future which is interesting I guess and I have a feeling that we will see a couple of members from the Legion later this season.

I meant to say something about the line where Ralph died during the particle accelerator cause well...he did.

In season 1 episode 7, Dr Wells er, Thawne, mentions all the names of those who died the night of the explosion and he mentions none other than Ralph Dibney

Iris is probably dead in the future since she cant be living the happy life. Ok well she isnt dead so I am going to go with her being against Nora being a speedster out of feat of her disappearing like Barry which causes friction between the two.
I doubt Iris is dead, at least not in this timeline (though in that one timeline she was killed by Savitar). In any case, I suspect Iris has simply become withdrawn at the loss of Barry, and as such has … alienated her daughter?

I wish we could explore Barry vanishing for 25 years (fun fact: in the comics Barry was gone for 23 years
I think we will, eventually. The way I look at this; that Barry (future Barry) vanishes because he's gone back in time to stop Thawne, but he doesn't stop Thawne and the future changes, so the future [that] Barry ends up in isn't the same one he left; presumably different timelines can coexist, though they're … out of phase with each other? If that makes sense.

The question here is whether Nora (Excess) is from a future where Barry's Mom was murdered by Thawne, or whether she's from a future where Thawne didn't kill Barry's Mom, and as such, Nora (Excess) is actually from the very first timeline.

Overall it was a good premiere! Very refreshing but needed more Wally.
Unfortunately, you're not going to get your wish. Wally only has (I think) five appearances across two shows this year. I don't think the crossover is among them though.

"Ryan Choi" invented the new suit? Who?
As Speed Force has stated, he's another Atom; presumably he takes over from Ray Palmer once Ray returns from his travels and passes down his torch.

Regarding Ralph, does anyone think there's something else up with him, as in he's starting to lose his long-term memory or something? Surely he musta' been aware of the multiverse by now? I don't know if we'll get the scenes in Elseworld either, but I'm eagerly anticipating the reaction from Ollie, Diggle and Kara upon meeting Barry's daughter from the future.

My bet is the "Flash" that is mentioned in the newspaper as "disappearing" ends up being Kid Flash at the end of the season.

I meant to say something about the line where Ralph died during the particle accelerator cause well...he did.

In season 1 episode 7, Dr Wells er, Thawne, mentions all the names of those who died the night of the explosion and he mentions none other than Ralph Dibney
Before this episode, the show never bothered explaining/acknowledge that Ralph died during the particle accelerator in the original pre Flashpoint timeline. Surely Barry would have questioned on why Ralph is alive again but whatever. My head canon is that Barry correcting the things he did in Flashpoint inadvertently changed Ralph's fate.

Before this episode, the show never bothered explaining/acknowledge that Ralph died during the particle accelerator in the original pre Flashpoint timeline. Surely Barry would have questioned on why Ralph is alive again but whatever. My head canon is that Barry correcting the things he did in Flashpoint inadvertently changed Ralph's fate.

It was most likely just a little easter egg/nod to the character all the way back in season 1, but I'm guessing now that yeah after Flashpoint, Ralph was still alive.

I wonder if they read my post about it over the summer :cwink:

I liked the episode. Didn't give me hope for the season as if things will be like Season 1 or 2 like some review was saying. I liked the various references to the future like the Flash Museum (again), the LOSH, Ryan Choi/The Atom, Batman Beyond, and of course the Crisis. Here's what someone said they were able to see on the newspaper.

It was weird like the characters forgot Barry disappears at some point in the future and it never came to mind to any of them except Barry, I guess.

Supposedly the name said by Ralph about who said Caitlin's dad is dead is Icicle. Maybe he's her father in this show?

Liked that Cisco didn't come up with someone's name. Always feels like he's the one to do it. Like can't these people come up with their own names or at least have someone else do it.

Weird seeing Cudmore with a beard. Any time I think of him, I think of his look as Colossus.

Cicada didn't leave much of an impression on me and his suit is boring.

The episode was okay, should have known the daughter showed up because Barry goes missing. I thought her distance from Iris was because she died, but makes sense that it is because she is always around her.

The new article of the future has changed from what it was in s1. No more Black Canary.
It was a beautiful spring day in Central City. Not so different from that morning years ago when the clear blue sky turned crimson red, and the Scarlet Speedster vanished in a crisis. Thousands gathered here at the Flash Museum to commemorate that day’s quarter century anniversary. Names were read of the other victims of the attack, and Governor Singh gave remarks on the Flash’s enduring legacy.

The details of Flash’s disappearance remain murky. A 2026 Congressional Commission repeated the Citizen’s initial reporting. Hours after the sky turned red, the Flash and his allies fought the Reverse Flash. The ensuing street battle caused the most destruction this city has ever seen. It was not until the Flash and Reverse Flash disappeared in an explosion of light that the chaos ceased.

But in the years following the crisis, accounts only grew more contradictory. Some eyewitnesses remember dozens of other heroes present, including Green Arrow, Batwoman, and Elongated Man. Others remember heroes thought lost in time, like The Atom, or from other worlds, like Supergirl. Some even contend they saw Reverse Flash leading an army of “shadow demons.”

Scientists at Ivy University’s Memory Institute chalk up those…

Research has focused on Roger Hayden, a.k.a. Psycho Pirate, who claims to remember the night’s events.

He said upon his arrest, “Worlds lived, worlds died. Nothing will ever be the same.”

And nothing ever was. Staring at the golden statue of The Flash, this reporter remembers the words of Former Police Chief Joe West, “We don’t have the details…”

'The Flash': Here's What the New "Crisis on Infinite Earths" Newspaper Says

Nora was a brilliant season premiere! JPK is stellar as the titular character and breathes new energy into the show. I've been a fan of hers since The Secret Circle so when she popped in last season I couldn't wait for this one to start (my username should be a big clue how much I like the character). Nora and Barry have outstanding chemistry. I'm anxious to see them fighting crime together as a father daughter team.

My favorite moment was when XS couldn't phase and Flash recalled Harrison Welles speech to him. It was a great call back to season 1.

I actually liked this episode more than any other last season. I found Nora to be very likable.

Only down side Iris had some yap yap yap time.

Instantly captured by the opening scene of season 5 premiere!

The vibe I got was similar to season 1/2 which I have to say are my favourite.

The chemistry between Barry and Iris is getting stronger, yes they're married but they also appear to best friends - they Barry opened up about missing Nora's first steps was emotionally gripping.

Nora is a wonderful addition and I can see a future link between her and many of the main characters. I think she's the spin the show needed.

Overall an impressive start to season 5 and looking forward to see what the American Pie villain can conjure up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"