Season 5 Episode 10 Discussion "Mother's Mercy"

Tyrion really is the only character left worth rooting for. Guess he'll die next season, then.

**** Game of Thrones

I don't care how "realistic" it is. An ebola outbreak is realistic too, doesn't mean its fun to watch.

Pretty sums up what I think of the season, after Sansa nothing shocks me about this depressing show anymore. I'm only still watching hoping for more moments like episode 8. I don't like realism in my fantasy but I've invested all this time might as well watch it to the end!

My favorite character just died and it didn't effect me at all, I don't know how this show can shock anyone anymore.

Other than the downer ending and general depressingness this was the best season finale imo. Unlike the previous 4 finales this one wasn't just falling action. This was on the level of an episode 9. Pure tension.

No, this was just an abrupt ending to numerous poorly developed plotlines that they couldn't figure out how to end within 60 minutes.

Yikes wow haha. This thread has become scary with the people that are mad or upset.

Is it me but we see jons blood but Jon seemed still but yet his eyes seemed full of life yet.

No, this was just an abrupt ending to numerous poorly developed plotlines that they couldn't figure out how to end within 60 minutes.

Gonna have to agree to disagree. I thought it was a fantastic episode with some intriguing and tense movements of the plot. Sansa and Theon will be on the run, I'm curious to see where Cersei's goes from here, Stannis may or may not be dead, Jon is likely going to come back pissed, Mel is going to be interesting with her confidence broken, I can't wait to see what Jaime does to Dorne, Davos's forward movement is anyone's guess, I'm looking forward to more with the Faceless men and Arya. Tyrion and Varys running Mereen.:D Dany seemingly captured. And Jorah is on a rescue mission with Daario whom I'm very suspicious of. The way he spliteveryone up has me nervous.

As you can tell I enjoyed the finale a lot. I wish you had as well.

tumblr_mig26pmoDp1s2b2mgo2_250.gif

I think they hit a record for deaths of important characters with this episode, ambiguous or otherwise. We had Selyse, Stannis (90% sure he's dead), Myranda, Meryn Trant, Myrcella, and Jon Snow added to the body count.

If you were to tell me at the beginning of the season that Brienne would kill Stannis, I'd say that was stupid, but last episode changed my mind about Show Stannis and I knew he was probably going to die. It was strange that it happened off screen, but I really don't think Brienne spared him.

Theon snapping out of it and killing Myranda was awesome. I'm glad they're finally setting him up on his path to redemption.

Meryn Trant's death was especially brutal, but that ****er had it coming since season one. Myrcella's was shocking, but I knew something was up when Ellaria kissed her like that. Now I'm thinking that Tommen is going to die as well before the series is done, just so Cersei will be completely broken. Speaking of which, that penance walk seemed uncomfortably long. I didn't feel sorry for Cersei, but I did feel sorry for Lena Headey.

And then we come to Jon Snow's betrayal. I can't wait to see the YouTube reactions to this one. Unlike the Red Wedding, I'm a firm believer that he's not really dead, otherwise why have Melisandre there? He'll be back, and if Kit Harington denies it, it's only because he'd be giving it away if he didn't.

And now we're all caught up with the books for the most part. They did skip out on the epilogue from A Dance With Dragons, but they're probably saving that for next season. Overall, I thought this season was the weakest of the show and I doubt anyone will argue with me there, but it did pick up a lot towards the end. The second half was much better than the first, and this was the best finale yet, just barely edging out season one for me.

Other than the downer ending and general depressingness this was the best season finale imo. Unlike the previous 4 finales this one wasn't just falling action. This was on the level of an episode 9. Pure tension.

I agree. This was the real "episode 9" of the season.

Well unless Melisandre teleports there or Benjen walks out of the mist with some magic WW healing ****, he's dead. He got stabbed like a bajillion times.

Well unless Melisandre teleports there or Benjen walks out of the mist with some magic WW healing ****, he's dead. He got stabbed like a bajillion times.
They showed her arriving I thought. She's already there.

For the record, my believing Jon Snow's alive isn't "wishful thinking." He was one of the few "good guy's" in this story, sure, but he always bored me in the books and in the show. The only reason his storylines started to become more interesting to me was because of the White Walkers storyline, and I think we can all agree even if he's dead, that plot's not going anywhere. The point is, I wouldn't miss him. I don't believe he's dead because George all but spoiled that. If he's back in a different body or something, whatever, it's all the same to me, but I'm not remotely convinced his time here is done.

I don't get why me arya going blind scene. Just teach her to use her senses.
They made her blind in the books. The reason why is different here, but we've ended up in the same place anyhow.

She abandoned Stannis when she heard that half his forces deserted. She arrived at the Wall a few hours before Jon was stabbed. But I'm not sure she will be doing any resurrecting right away. She took Stannis's loss very very hard. I'm not even sure if she even believes in her convictions at this point. She wouldn't even talk to Jon and Davos when they asked what happened to Shireen and Stannis, but they got the message loud and clear. Davos looked like he was about to be sick.

Ah, I haven't seen the episode. I was under the impression she was only on the way back.
She's there. She pretty much darted straight back as soon as Stannis' men deserted.

Gonna have to agree to disagree. I thought it was a fantastic episode with some intriguing and tense movements of the plot. Sansa and Theon will be on the run, I'm curious to see where Cersei's goes from here, Stannis may or may not be dead, Jon is likely going to come back pissed, Mel is going to be interesting with her confidence broken, I can't wait to see what Jaime does to Dorne, Davos's forward movement is anyone's guess, I'm looking forward to more with the Faceless men and Arya. Tyrion and Varys running Mereen.:D Dany seemingly captured. And Jorah is on a rescue mission with Daario whom I'm very suspicious of. The way he spliteveryone up has me nervous.

As you can tell I enjoyed the finale a lot. I wish you had as well.

The only plot that had a satisfying conclusion was Mereen. I don't see anything underhanded with Daario since his plan was practical. Tyrion is the most capable of ruling in Dany's absence with Missandei, Grey Worm, and now Varys. Sure, he may try to kill Jorah on their search but that's not really surprising.

Everything else was just rushed to an anti-climatic cliffhanger. If Stannis is alive, who cares? At most, I see Brienne bringing him to the Wall to join the Watch only to end up a sacrifice to resurrect Jon. Again, why should the audience care about Stannis at this point? I have no interest in seeing Dorne again since it was the worst plot of the entire series.

The only plot that had a satisfying conclusion was Mereen. I don't see anything underhanded with Daario since his plan was practical. Tyrion is the most capable of ruling in Dany's absence with Missandei, Grey Worm, and now Varys. Sure, he may try to kill Jorah on their search but that's not really surprising.

Everything else was just rushed to an anti-climatic cliffhanger. If Stannis is alive, who cares? At most, I see Brienne bringing him to the Wall to join the Watch only to end up a sacrifice to resurrect Jon. Again, why should the audience care about Stannis at this point? I have no interest in seeing Dorne again since it was the worst plot of the entire series.
Its not like Dorne wowed me much even in the books. :(

I'm still interested in seeing what happens to Stannis. And the Dorne plot isn't going to be the same post-assassination of the princess so dismissing it seems a bit premature. Clearly the Dorne stuff this season was just groundwork for this assassination. It was boring this season but now that this has happened I'm very interested to see how Jaime and the rest of the Lannisters react. So as long as Dorne is tied into Jaime's character I'm gonna be interested in it.

Its strange no Ghost and no Wildlings or even Sam around during the convienant death. Also Jon never says Ghost like in the books.

Maybe next season the Dothraki can teach the Unsullied how too fight better. Poor dany had all those Unsullied but they know nothing about how to fight.

It was an ok finale but way rushed. HBO needs to make the episodes, at least the finales. Should be 1 1/2 hrs.

Yeah. I would be interested in seeing how two terrible people deal with the endpoint of their addictions. Talking about Stannis and Mel.

It was an ok finale but way rushed. HBO needs to make the episodes, at least the finales. Should be 1 1/2 hrs.

I wouldn't be opposed to extended finales. HBO seems very very committed to standard episode lengths. They'll give shows maybe 5 minutes extra on an episode, but I don't know if they have ever done a 75-90 minute episode on a standard show that wasn't a miniseries.

I would love to see MORE VARYS-Tyrion next season please!!

How callous was Dany telling Drogon to fly her home when Drogon is clearly injured after saving her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"