Season 5, Episode 14: "The One Where We're Trapped on TV"

Discussion in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' started by NotNickFury, May 26, 2020.

1. NotNickFury Registered

2. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

Where’s the facepalm emoji when you need it?

Holy Slapper likes this.
  3. Holy Slapper Registered

:facepalm:

I'm with you. What the hell happened to this show this season, especially post-Crisis? This show's writing makes ST Discovery's FIRST season look like Shakepeare. It's like someone took all the worst Supernatural filler episodes and put them together as a season. Up until last season, I could at least get some laughs during the episodes but this season... *crickets....Nah, they don't even bother to chirp. Frustrating as hell.

Flash525 likes this.
  4. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

@Holy Slapper

This show has just become one big joke really. I wasn’t overly hot on the first season, but the second season really picked up for me and I loved the interaction between our legends, and the legion of doom (and internal interactions between the LoD trio themselves).

It went down hill after that, what with the time bureau, giant puppets, monsters and now demons and fates. It’s become more mystical in nature, and whilst ordinarily I wouldn’t mind, they’ve wasted characters like John Constantine and Ray Palmer.

Nate might as well not have his abilities for all the times he doesn’t steel up. Mick Rory ... they just don’t know what to do with him anymore, I swear. And Ava? Short of a girlfriend to Sara and a reluctant leader, what does she actually bring to the table at the minute?

Holy Slapper likes this.
  5. Holy Slapper Registered

I think one could pinpoint Brandon Routh leaving the show when the show lost it's brains. I wasn't overly pleased with what the main story of the season seemed to be at first but post-Crisis they just completely ignored large parts of with filler episodes. Like they suddenly decided to go where the bar is the lowest in every aspect. It's like I'm living in a Bizarro world where Batwoman is the best CW DC show and Legends is the worst. They need a serious change of writing staff. Kevin Smith alone could probably write a better episode than what the idiots are doing. They did a spoof on Friends and left out the most funniest references (Like "PIVOT!"). Just a waste. Even Youtubers are turning against the show now.

Flash525 likes this.
  6. NotNickFury Registered

Was wondering when Mick would pop up and then boom, he's Khan. I liked that.

Holy Slapper likes this.
  7. Holy Slapper Registered

Really the best parts of the episode were Mick as Khan and the REAL Zari returning.

8. Marz69 Registered

I liked the first season a lot (minus the hawks). 2nd season was my favorite. I enjoyed the show and then it felt scattered with the team splitting up on the time bureau and all these creatures. Last season was so bad for me, I barely could watch full episodes.

This season looked promising. I enjoyed it. But then it started to fall apart too. Mainly because it feels like a comedy show. I don't really enjoy Social Media Zari. And I agree, Khan was the best part.

The show has some enjoyable characters. But man, it's bad camp atm.

9. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

This was probably the most enjoyable "slapstick" episode of the series. The past 2 have been so bad that I could barely make it through but at least seemed more natural. Though boy....they missed out on bringing back some old Arrowverse faces and plugging them in as characters to entice the Legends to stay in tvland.

The actress that plays Zari is seriously one of the best in the Arrowverse. I wish she didnt have to spend so much time with the wacky subplots but the splitting of Zari was just....it should happen in tvland and stay in tvland. Same with the brother being alive. They spent an entire season going on about how Sara cant save Laurel and how it'd kill all these people doing so....well stick to that same thing with your other characters MG.

10. Dr. From parts unknown

I quite liked this one. The various "TV shows" were nicely realized; and the way they morphed into each other and the external plot "reality" was well done.

One of their best episodes, me thinks. :up:

11. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

In seeing the Star Trek parody, if Legends ends or if Caity Lotz leaves I'd like to see her play Yeoman JM Colt for Star Trek Strange New Worlds tv series with Pike, Spock, and Number One.