The Flash Season 5: Episode 3 "The Death of Vibe"

They still got Joe sitting down. Something must be up with Martin.

Please don't tell me Caitlin's dad has been watching her all these years. :dry:

So, is it that Cicada can choose to dampen people's powers? Cecile was able to use hers and he and Vibe were able to vibe away from the house.

I'll wait and see about Nora working with someone else. But, I like the speculation of it being her brother or that he's some kind of time travel cop or something.

I never want to see Herr Wells again.

Yeah Sherlock Wells is annoying. I wish they would stop with all these versions. He's turned what was once a good character in season 1 into a complete joke over successive seasons.

The only Wells I would've liked to have seen apart from Harry would be the Wells from the original timeline who was absorbed by Eobard. Other than him, I'm done with seeing all these versions. He now turns every scene into a spoof.

One thing that ... intrigues me with Cicada; according to XS, in the future, he was never caught, so what? Did he retire? Did he achieve his goal (presumably, something to cure himself, and his daughter?) and thus stopped committing crime once he was done? Not quite understanding why he'd not kill Flash when given the opportunity at one point, but then be all for it on another. I'd further agree that Barry should know how to land a punch by now. Surely he's been in enough circumstances that require him to land one?

I can see if he becomes cicada younger but a whole new guy becomes cicada doesnt make any sense. By that rule couldnt another character have become the flash instead of barry?
It's already happened. Earth-2 has Jessie. Then we have Jay Garrick from his Earth. It hasn't always been Barry Allen.

...How did XS speed keep working? If it were that easy to just throw lightning bolts at him...think next time Barry.
I'd conclude that it's because Barry stopped, whereas XS didn't? Maybe? Think of it like momentum; if she carried on running then she'd not be caught in the trap. Alternatively, because she's from the future, maybe the dampening effect is only relevant to true time, and not time displaced powers, so anyone from the past/future could still use their powers and isn't susceptible?

Some speculated that it was Eobard Thawne (with a new face)
Oh I hope not. If we ever get Thawne again, we need Matt Letcher back in the role. He was done a solid in Legends S2.

Nora said he was never caught. She didn't say he was never killed though.

And we definitely need Matt Letscher back. I think he would bring a certain gravitas again, especially since Tom Kavanagh has been turning Wells into a joke lately. He's just become a caricature.

And if Sherlock Wells was around all this time, why didn't they use him when they needed to out think the Thinker? Or to figure out Savitar's identity? Where was he all this time when they needed him? He could've been a big help.

Nora said he was never caught. She didn't say he was never killed though.
I think you and I both know exactly what she meant; the good guys didn't win; he wasn't killed or captured. I think if he was killed, Nora would have said. The implication was very much that he got away, or was never found, or that he was forgotten about as a reoccurring threat, not that he'd been taken out.

And we definitely need Matt Letscher back. I think he would bring a certain gravitas again, especially since Tom Kavanagh has been turning Wells into a joke lately. He's just become a caricature.
Yeah, if Tom stands in as Eobard anymore (especially after the amount of Wells characters we've had) it would ultimately serve as a joke to the otherwise devious and deceptive character that is Thawne. We're gonna need Letscher back for anything involving him. Was kinda bummed a bit that we didn't have Letscher for Crisis on Earth-X, but that's in the past now.

And if Sherlock Wells was around all this time, why didn't they use him when they needed to out think the Thinker? Or to figure out Savitar's identity? Where was he all this time when they needed him? He could've been a big help.
wasn't it XS who decided to contact [a different] Wells? Maybe Sherlock Wells simply wasn't well known by anyone before this year?

I think part of the problem with so many Wells is that it takes away from his season 1 performance, and the serious nature of what Thawne did to Barry's mother. Thawne with Wells's face came to represent something horrific for Barry. He could barely get over it and found it very difficult to relate to Harry Wells in Season 2 at first. Harry had to keep telling him that he was not the same man.

And now we get a different Wells in every season, and even several last season. They've become completely ridiculous and a laughing stock. It's completely diluted the concept of Wells, who should always have been someone who made Barry feel uncomfortable because of the fact that Thawne wore his face.

And now season 1 Wells represents the minority of Kavanagh's work on the Flash. Sure, there was a serious Harry Wells in season 2 as well, but from season 3 he's been a bit of a buffoon. We got HR Wells, and then a Harry Wells who was losing his intelligence, and then all the other variations from the Council of Wells. And now Sherlock Wells. So really the majority of Tom's work on the show has been playing ridiculous caricatures.

It's hard to now look at him playing Thawne in the same way. It feels like Matt Letcsher is the more consistent performance as a character.

I agree that Cavanagh playing Thawne again wouldn’t excite me. He’s been playing these goofy Wells so much it’s hard to take him seriously, and I thought his performance as the character in the cross over last year suffered because of it.

Tom Cavanagh was brilliant as Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne in season one and his Reverse Flash from that season is arguably one of the best big bad in Arrowverse.

But when he returned to the role as the RF in the Earth X crossover, it felt like he was playing a caricature of the RF and that Eobard Thawne just became a generic 'evil scientisit' in that crossover which was disappointing. I didn't find him menacing or interesting but instead he was just goofy and over the top. I'm kinda tired of having a different Wells in every season but I still find Sherlock Wells to be entertaining. But the writers should just stick to one Wells for the foreseeable future but my preference would be altogether not have a Wells character .

Tom Cavanagh was brilliant as Harrison Wells/Eobard Thawne in season one and his Reverse Flash from that season is arguably one of the best big bad in Arrowverse.

But when he returned to the role as the RF in the Earth X crossover, it felt like he was playing a caricature of the RF and that Eobard Thawne just became a generic 'evil scientisit' in that crossover which was disappointing. I didn't find him menacing or interesting but instead he was just goofy and over the top. I'm kinda tired of having a different Wells in every season but I still find Sherlock Wells to be entertaining. But the writers should just stick to one Wells for the foreseeable future but my preference would be altogether not have a Wells character .

I don't mind them sticking to one Wells, but not Sherlock Wells. He's already annoying and it's only been 1 episode. They need to find one who is more neutral or tolerable. I would've thought Harry Wells was going to be the regular version who'd stick around for the long term.

If Sherlock Wells was more like Harry Wells and not putting on this silly French accent, then they could've actually done with a detective character like him. He would've brought something different than another scientist. As he is now though, Sherlock Wells is just irritating.

It should've been Harry who stuck around. I agree

When Harry Wells said "good bye" last season, I thought "Ok, yes, this is a solid good bye, it is time".

And now they brought up SherloQUE Wells... *sigh*...I think I agree with the Wells doppelgangers overstaying their welcome.

And I think it was Iris who sent XS back in time, and that's the why of Nora's reluctance to interact with Iris, presumably by her own mother's advice.

Of the many issues with Sherloque Wells, the biggest is that his master detective role should be Ralph's to play.

I imagine Cavanagh is having a blast with all this, but I too would rather just have plain ol', somewhat gruff, mild pain in the ass, eternally awesome Harry (with his full intelligence).

And I think it was Iris who sent XS back in time, and that's the why of Nora's reluctance to interact with Iris, presumably by her own mother's advice.
Ohh, that's a good shout that, if Future Iris instructed XS to actually change the timeline..

Does beg the question though, shouldn't Nora (or Barry for that matter) be able to go back and forward at their leisure right about now? What's stopping Nora from going home and seeing the outcome of what she's changed?

Ohh, that's a good shout that, if Future Iris instructed XS to actually change the timeline..

Does beg the question though, shouldn't Nora (or Barry for that matter) be able to go back and forward at their leisure right about now? What's stopping Nora from going home and seeing the outcome of what she's changed?

There's plenty of things they could do at many different situations, but as much as I enjoy the show (obviously, I'm still following and posting about it), the characters, or the writing for that matter isn't anywhere as smart as it think it is.

At some point in the Flash comics (New 52, but don't quote me on that), Barry said something along the lines of having too many Flashes in one place co-ops the Speed Force so they can't hit the level of speed necessary for time travel. I don't know if that's what's happening on the show, but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

Could it be that if she travels back to the future and its a future very different from her own then she would risk creating a Flash time paradox resulting in her merging into the new Nora, or worse if she was never born then she'd get erased from time?

They still got Joe sitting down. Something must be up with Martin.

Worried about that too. Thought it was odd that he was always sitting in every scene so far this season. Hope he's alright.

Please don't tell me Caitlin's dad has been watching her all these years. :dry:

I thought that was going to be her mother, who somehow managed to tap into Starlabs security cams. But yeah, I wouldn't put it past that being her dad. I like how he made the message to her.

So, is it that Cicada can choose to dampen people's powers? Cecile was able to use hers and he and Vibe were able to vibe away from the house.

That must be how it works. He was unaware of Cecile and so was unable to include her in the dampening. That could also explain how XS was able to hit him with a lightning bolt. She was moving too fast for him to see that she was there.

As for Vibe, the scene happened very fast. Cisco arrived, the rift was still open and Cicada pushed them both back through it. If it is not a blanket field that Cicada can't control, then he could have chosen to leave it open in order to Cisco away from the house. Of course, the question then is, why did he run id he can sap their strengths so easily?

I'll wait and see about Nora working with someone else. But, I like the speculation of it being her brother or that he's some kind of time travel cop or something.

I never want to see Herr Wells again.

I would rather they stuck with one Wells, Harry from Earth 2. Let's have a story line with Team Iris... I mean Team Flash getting Harry's intelligence back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"