Supergirl Season 5, Episode 5: "Dangerous Liaisons" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Official Description:

A NEW DANGER ARISES – On the eve of the worldwide launch of Andrea Rojas’s (Julie Gonzalo) VR contact lenses, Kara (Melissa Benoist) and William (Staz Nair) team up on an investigation that exposes a terrorist plot. Kelly (Azie Tesfai) and Alex (Chyler Leigh) celebrate an anniversary, but Alex’s safety is in jeopardy. Alysse Leite-Rogers directed the episode written by Rob Wright & Daniel Beaty (#505). Original airdate 11/3/2019.

Two eps in a row with a Kara/William-centric storyline. Oof. They're really making it difficult for me to stay on the "he's not a love interest" hope train. :(

Great episode in seeing the stakes being raised.

Another solid episode. Still couldn't care less about the whole Lena storyline, but things are getting interesting. Have to say that after this episode I have a little bit of a hard time seeing William becoming a love interest, but it's the CW, so I still expect it to happen.

I'm glad things are moving forward with Leviathan and it's connecting to the overall plot.

So... what exactly are Dreamer's superpowers?

So... what exactly are Dreamer's superpowers?
Whatever the writers want that week.

Honestly, this episode was fine to me, nothing special. I enjoyed Lena playing Malefic, and FINALLY getting a glimpse at Leviathan, but otherwise, "meh."

I will say, I agree that it looks like William may NOT be a love interest after all, and thank goodness if that's the case. That said, I feel like because our main plot here isn't tied into the Crisis like Flash and Arrow, the writers are taking baby steps and treading water with this plot, possibly because they can't kick it into gear until after Crisis sets the new status quo. So while I feel like this season is not off to a great start, I also feel like it may be because their hands are tied a bit, so I'm gonna hold out judgment on this 'til we get past Crisis.

I knew Doc Ock was going to turn out to be the friend. That was telegraphed miles away.

Eve looks like she's pregnant. They're not explaining that away though. She must be due soon.

I knew Doc Ock was going to turn out to be the friend. That was telegraphed miles away..

Too true, and could there be a worse designed suit ever!?

I thought it was an okay episode. I'm past the point of wondering how one superhero pointing their powers at one small part of a tidal stops said wave in its entirety, not to mention all the other coasts that would have been decimated as well.

Still hoping William with not become a love interest. Also wondering about his fake wife. I'm assuming she was for his 'cover' but if he didn't have one in his real life why wold they fake one that could be easily seen through? Oh well.

And as Flickchick states, I wish they were playing more into the coming Crisis like the other shows are. Or at least Arrow and Flash, as I don't watch the other ones. I can understand it for Batwoman as they are going through 'past' episodes, but Supergirl somehow still feels like a completely separate franchise without any tie-ins.

Starting this episode, but, ummm, is the DEO not a secret organization anymore?

Starting this episode, but, ummm, is the DEO not a secret organization anymore?
I seem to recall them going public as a plot point in S3 or S4, but I can't remember when. I think it might have been shortly after Baker took over, as part of their "full transparency" mantra after Marsdin. It definitely didn't get as much focus as it should have, though.

I thought the episode was ok. I liked how that spider tattoo scene with Brainy was shot.

I laughed at Kara asking an assassin if they cared about the lives they affected.

EDIT: I also laughed at the Robocop/Doc Ock dude when they first showed his pic

Last edited:
First time for me seeing Phil Lamarr in Live-Action, he is human form of Malefic.
He voiced John Stewart on JL/JLU.

I seem to recall them going public as a plot point in S3 or S4, but I can't remember when. I think it might have been shortly after Baker took over, as part of their "full transparency" mantra after Marsdin. It definitely didn't get as much focus as it should have, though.

So, based on the sneak peaks, it may still be secretive? Who the hell knows.

Still, an unknown reporter just wandering around seems like a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"