Supergirl Season 5, Episode 6: "Confidence Women" (SPOILERS)

LL2K2

Maid of Might
Reaction score
Official description:

PIECE TOGETHER THE PAST – While a new villain is under arrest at the DEO, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) uses him to try and understand who is responsible for the recent attacks. Meanwhile, Andrea (Julie Gonzalo) and Lena (Katie McGrath) think back on their tumultuous past. Shannon Kohli directed the episode written by Dana Horgan & Nicki Holcomb (#506). Original airdate 11/10/2019.

I think Lena will use her mind control powers on Andrea next before trying to use it on Supergirl.

I'm looking forward to this episode.

I think Melissa, David, Chyler, and Jesse were doing Crisis during this.

I don't think their timeline works here, but I blame that "20 years ago" title on 2x12 "Luthors" that tried to convince us all Lena was only 24 years old in S2 rather than anything here. From now on I'm just gonna pretend that was a typo and was meant to say "25 years ago." My head will hurt a lot less with this stuff. :funny:

Definitely Lena-centric while Supergirl and others did Crisis.

For any Smallville fans, it looks like they borrowed the set for the Kawatche Caves in this episode, right down to the key hole

I usually enjoy flashback episodes on this show (as long as they focus on characters I'm actually interested in), and this was no exception, so I definitely dug this one. Got off to a rocky start on the directorial side with that Tomb Raider wannabe stuff (I mean would it have killed them to throw some dirt on Andrea after she fell into that sink hole, or IDK, on the ~ancient~ medallion so it looks less like it comes from Party City?!), but thankfully improved as it went along. I guess Andrea's not as much of a villain as I assumed she'd be. Yet. I suppose that whole "it's actually the darkness within you" bit was probably a sign, lol. Nice touch at the end with the simulation of Lena and her mom.

Not looking forward to them still trying it with the wire-fu next week. I really wish they'd let that go, lol. Oh well, at least they're hiding all the Lena/Kara drama from the episode description in the preview which probably means it's pretty juicy.

I think Acrata is supposed to be a superheroine from the Superman comics. At least this version of Acrata is more true to the comics than the Smallville one.

Notice no Nia Nal in this one.

This season or Supergirl so far has been bland, boring and tbh it’s felt aimless but that all changed tonight. This was a fantastic episode, whenever Supergirl do these sorts of episodes where they flashback & play with the timeline (Man of Steel, House of L) yet nail it. The story was really interesting & Andrea isn’t the soulless ***** we thoughts she was.

Also I am thrilled that they they used that Lex-Lena deleted scene from S4. But boy do I wish they hadn’t released it online beforehand but I’m so glad it’s now part of an actual episode. Plus I appreciated that we got a glimpse of Supes (from Adventures of Supergirl in the episode).

Lena is close to falling too far into the abyss. Kind of funny how she’s been trying so hard to avoid becoming Lex but she totally is.

Hope next episode maintains the standard of this one.

Heard a lot of bad things about this episode on Twitter, but I ended up enjoying it, for the most part. I'm assuming this was filmed when Crisis was really getting going or Melissa's wedding since she wasn't in it too much.

It was nice to get Andrea's backstory and I thought the actress who played the young Lena was pretty good. Is Lena even worth saving at this point though? She's so far gone.

I'm sooo glad they didn't put Melissa in a wig and let her keep the bangs because those wigs are just...yikes :lmao:

I usually enjoy flashback episodes on this show (as long as they focus on characters I'm actually interested in), and this was no exception, so I definitely dug this one. Got off to a rocky start on the directorial side with that Tomb Raider wannabe stuff (I mean would it have killed them to throw some dirt on Andrea after she fell into that sink hole, or IDK, on the ~ancient~ medallion so it looks less like it comes from Party City?!), but thankfully improved as it went along. I guess Andrea's not as much of a villain as I assumed she'd be. Yet. I suppose that whole "it's actually the darkness within you" bit was probably a sign, lol. Nice touch at the end with the simulation of Lena and her mom.

Not looking forward to them still trying it with the wire-fu next week. I really wish they'd let that go, lol. Oh well, at least they're hiding all the Lena/Kara drama from the episode description in the preview which probably means it's pretty juicy.
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that medallion looked like a video game token!

I guessed this was a cost saving episode while others filmed Crisis. But Kara was still in it a bit, like when she had much with Lena, so it was probably also about budget and keeping costs down with fewer special effects than just not having Melissa.

I wish young Lena sounded more Irish though. Katie's accent often slips.

I didn't know about a deleted scene so thought that they just got Jon Cryer for the episode.

I really liked this episode. Good use of flashbacks and bringing us up to speed with the "big bad" of the season whose costume looked great (just wish they blacked out the eyes for the mask)

Agreeing that it was a good episode, at least once they got past the 'Indiana Joanna' part of the ep. If they are going to do that then 'do' it. Get them dirty.

Also liked getting more of Lena's trust-story. Still doesn't give enough reason for what she's doing AFAIAC but it was nice. I was also wondering how (if) they were going to redeem her (again) and I am assuming that they will all be teaming up against Leviathan at the end. Wish it had stayed more of a revenge story for Lena .

Also getting that Leviathan is more than just a super criminal organizations, seeing how their operatives just appear out of no where. Definitely something supernatural about them.

One of the best episodes this season so far (aside from 5-1)! The back story made everything so much more complex and i even feel bad for Adrea now. Leviathan is also very interesting!

I liked learning a little bit more about Leviathan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"