Season 5 Villian

Discussion in 'The Flash' started by Flash525, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

It may be a little early for talk of Season 5, but who do you / we imagine the villain might be for Season 5? We've had most of the popular or known Flash villains show up already, either as actual seasonal villains, or as episode fillers, and I'm wondering, short of Colbolt Blue and/or Godspeed (we could probably do without yet another evil Speedster) who the villain for Season 5 might be?

Whilst it's possible that the likes of Mirror Master & Weather Wizard (among others) could be a different sort of Rogues, I don't think the Rogues would be likely anymore as Mick is practically a good guy, and Snart is Earth-1 Snart is dead (and Wentword has since exited the CW Series).

The likes of Grodd, Savitar and Zoom have been defeated, and I can't imagine we'll get another season focused on Thawne, so where do we go from here?

2. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I think they should bring back Kadabra or Weather Wizard, it'd be nice to see a previously defeated rogue make a comeback as a big bad. Huge shame they went the direction they did with the Rogues, the rogues as a team really deserved to be the focus of at least one season. I disagree about Thawne though, I really wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being the big bad again further down the line, he'd be a natural choice for the final season when it comes.

3. Flash525

Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

For a final season, yeah, I wouldn't mind, but that would be a lot of jumping through time (I'd imagine) and a good number of episodes set in the future (Thawne's time) better explaining his backstory.

As an ongoing villain though, until the season final, I'd rather them not use Thawne too much (though I'd love the odd Thawne-centric episode here and there whilst we wait). They need Matt Letscher though; as good as Tom is in the role, it's nice to have an actual face behind the mask.

4. ZIPBAGS

ZIPBAGS Well-Known Member

How about not having a season long villain. Have smaller story arc's.

5. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

I would definitely prefer they do that, not every major villain needs to be a season long threat. Thawne was fine for a full season, but he's also one of the greatest comic book villains of all time, some villains lose all their steam when they're dragged out too long and get over-explained, Savitar and Zoom really would've benefitted from a simpler and less dragged out approach. At the very least I think more villains should get two or even three parters, it's jarring to see so many villains defeated in one episode while the main villain takes an entire season, especially when villains like Kadabra get wasted as one offs when they should be much larger threats.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  6. LTuser

LTuser Well-Known Member

I agree. Do 2-3 villans as mini-arcs.

7. TheScarecrow

TheScarecrow Well-Known Member

I think Kadabra.

It makes sense. I do not want another evil speedster.

8. Speed Force

Speed Force Your phone's charged

Agreed. One scenario I was really hoping for was giving each Rogue a few episodes to shine and develop and then have them come together for the last few episodes of the season.

9. Silver Lantern

Silver Lantern comic nerd

I like the show but the full season arc of The Thinker is strange and confusing on most parts. Season 4 is lacking in many ways including fighting, side stories, humor same recycled things and for God sake, quit having Barry reveal his identity to ever person there don't seem to be anyone who doesn't know. There shouldn't be a main villain, just 1 season of different villains to the end and Barry helping people in other cities. Star labs should be less focused on. There are too many speedsters now there should be human villains too or major crisis Flash needs to stop around the world instead. Show was awsome at first but now there's too much teen drama plots in this instead of being the flash like the original series.

10. fan4stic

fan4stic Well-Known Member

I think it's time for a tech based rogues.

11. Silver Lantern

Thinker is a bit boring character, no personality and no creativity he just spouts out words and high ego and does nothing and jumping body to body is pointless in the series and confusing plot. He is the worse villain in all seasons so far. I used to not miss any episodes but now it don't matter if I do now. The story is bland, no mystery, too many pointless heroes and not enough normal villains it's another Barry pitty party. I have always liked the show but this season is terrible esp now Iris as speedster that makes no sense. Joe's fiancee with powers too. Are there any normal humans in this series? They need normal villains, travel more than Central City, make most forget who flash identity is I liked it when only Wells, Caitlin, Joe and Cisco only knew who he was. The suit is a much better improvement best one so far though. No flash ring yet still. Where's the mystery like they did before?

12. Silver Lantern

Maybe season 5 villain should be from another character that makes trouble for Flash to get other characters to appear in different parts of the world instead of one city. Maybe a villain like Black Mask who wants to take over new areas not just Gotham or Black Hand. Somehow tie them into the series as big bad, new villains from other characters appear and rouge's gallery returns too weekly.

13. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Well-Known Member

Aren’t they saying it will be Godspeed? Unless Devoe becomes Godspeed by the end of season 4, but they’re saying no speedster this season.

14. Babillygunn

Babillygunn Tag team champion

Good heavens no Godspeed. We’ve had too many speedsters and he is a bad one note speedster even in the comics. He was only interesting because he was August and they rushed that to begin with.

I’d love a season with the Rogues

15. ComicBookNerd

ComicBookNerd Well-Known Member

I think it’ll be hard to come up with credible season long big bads if they can’t match Barry’s speed IMO. Not saying it has to be Godspeed, but I don’t think they’ll be able to uphold a no speedster policy for big bads going forward..

16. Babillygunn

Barry has plenty of non speedster villains. Short of Batman he arguably has the best Rogues gallery of any hero. By the third season the recycled speedster villain as big bad formula was tired and unoriginal.

17. famicommander

famicommander Well-Known Member

This is true, but unfortunately most of his villains have already been used

Professor Zoom
    Zoom
    The Rival
    Savitar
    Gorilla Grodd
    Captain Cold
    Heat Wave
    Weather Wizard
    Golden Glider
    The Top
    Captain Boomerang
    The Trickster (James)
    The Trickster (Walker)
    Mirror Master
    Rainbow Raider
    Peek a Boo
    The Thinker
    The Turtle
    Pied Piper
    Tar Pit
    Double Down
    Girder
    Magenta
    Abra Kadabra
    Murmur
    Shade

Doesn't leave too many. Especially considering some of the ones listed are either reformed, dead, or both.

18. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

That's why I think they should have one of them make a comeback as a big bad, just because they've been used before on the show doesn't mean they should be permanently benched or limited to being a lesser villain, Barry's not the only character who should be able to become more powerful.

19. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

The 5th season is the PERFECT time to have a band of rogues team up and be the big bad. He's had 88 episode 92 episodes of metas. Of course it wont be his iconic Capt.Cold/Heatwave but time to make some new ones iconic.

20. Babillygunn

Still ticked they moved Cold and Heatwave to LoT. Then dropped Cold. I’d love to have the Rogues in their primary lineup.

21. TheFuture

TheFuture Rising

I don't see the big deal in having another speedster. RF was great. Zoom was great until the reveal. Savitar was good in parts.

Devoe for me has been the weakest villain. Not a fan of the rogues teaming up either as quite frankly the actors they have cast in the role are not strong enough to carry a season. I'd only be interested if they were just pawns of a bigger villain in the shadows pulling their strings.

The problem with the speedsters by the time Savitar came along was that the writers were essentially doing the same story over and over again: Barry being out of his depth for long periods against a better speedster.

Quality writing is the key. Have that and there'll be no problem with another speedster.

22. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

My biggest issue with Savitar is that I think it was just a fundamentally wrong direction for being their third speedster in a row, his identity shouldn't have been significant, and they should've focused a lot more on his cult and showing him as a cult leader. Despite being a speedster Savitar still should've been a breath of fresh air but especially in the last half of the season it just turned into more of the same.

23. haephestus

haephestus Well-Known Member

A whole bunch of them!

The prisoners in the pipeline are all freed and the season is about rounding them up and facing public condemnation for imprisoning them in the first place. They wouldn’t be able to use the same techniques for recapturing them all because they would team up in novel combinations to combine their powers, learn from their past mistakes and exploit Team Flash’s weaknesses.

24. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Well-Known Member

Adapt THE RENEGADES storyline from the comics.

I think everyone agreed that they badly mishandled the Rogues but doing a storyline using the Renegades come somewhat redeem that and it's easily enough material for a season-long plotline. Maybe add in the Reverse Flash manipulating things too.

25. Speed Force

Speed Force Your phone's charged

cicada or cobalt blue