Season 6 Episode 1 Discussion "The Red Woman"

I honestly wonder what people are going to do if Jon ISN'T resurrected?

Now Roose is an example of how you make a villain entertaining.

He is. He's been a favorite of mine since his introduction. I like how he's evil, yet seemed appalled at Ramsay's treatment of Theon and Sansa.

So were introducing mermaids in GOT now cause that is the only way I can buy the SS getting on that boat without anybody knowing lolol

when Mellisandra said I saw him in the fire fighting in Winterfell that basically told the audience that she'll bring him back once she gets her "beauty" sleep WTF!!! no need for the naked old lady the face would've been just fine

He is. He's been a favorite of mine since his introduction. I like how he's evil, yet seemed appalled at Ramsay's treatment of Theon and Sansa.

I've never seen Roose as an evil figure. He's like Tywin Lannister, pragmatic to a fault. He was given an opportunity to A) survive the war B) to gain more power and he took it.

And in his defense Rob really didn't do anything to secure Roose's loyalty. Rob disregarded his council (even if it was letting them flay some lannister soldiers), he lost a good chunk of his army because he married the medic when he was engaged to a Frey. Rob made some ****** decisions during the war. And Roose realized that and didn't want to go down with the ship.

I honestly wonder what people are going to do if Jon ISN'T resurrected?

Quit watching the show? IDK. Personally if you've gotten this far into the series you might as well see it all the way through. But a lot of people were attached to Jon and he was the series for them.

The way I see it, Jon will be resurrected. Either by Mellisandre or as a White Walker and it won't be until the middle of the season, like episode 4 at the earliest, and it'll be the end of an episode with his eyes popping open.

I think the Lannisters are doomed. The Bolton's are going after them AND Dorne is too, especially now that it seems the Sand Snakes are in charge.

I think Cersei has become a very sympathetic character, especially since Myrcella died. But I think she is going to use The Mountain to destroy Dorne and gain revenge.

There's literally only one thing separating Roose and Ramsay: Roose isn't mentally disturbed.

To draw on some modern real-world examples, Roose is the "Son of Sam", while Ramsay is James Holmes. They're both evil, but one is legally sane and the other isn't.

Why would there have been so much emphasis for example in those two shots during the Hardhome battle where first the Night's King witnesses Jon killing one of his own, and then that stare off contest between the two, if Jon is definitely gone and will not face him again.

That + we still don't know who his parents are (although we have THAT theory), there's Melisandre who will probably bring him back. The way they're handling it, there's no way he's not coming back, sure there's a bit of wishful thinking in there, but yeah.

I'm fairly certain that Tristain returned to Dorne at some point. He probably sent the message ahead of himself. Otherwise he would have been surprised to see the Sand Snakes on his boat.
It makes me wonder how they could be so different from their father though. Oberyn ranked family pretty highly. He died trying to avenge his sister and nephew so his they kill his brother and other nephew for revenge? Quite gleefully, too.

Ellaria and the Sand Snakes blame the Lannisters for Oberyn's death even though it's more his own fault than anything else, and Doran and Trystane stood in the way of them getting the revenge that they're seeking, even though killing them is not something that Oberyn would've approved of.

Episode was okay. I haven't really been wow'ed by too many of the GoT season premieres, as most of the time is spent catching audiences up on where they left off and tying up any loose ends.

Whatever they plan to do with Jon Snow, I hope they don't drag it out.

Please give Sansa something to do besides be a damsel-in-distress and an all-around walking tragedy. She's been an emotional, psychological, and physical punching bag for five seasons. It's time to do something with her. Eventually she's gotta start taking charge or just altogether snap.

Same with Dany. If they just stick her with the Khal widows for an entire season, I'm going to be pissed off. She's a queen with three living dragons, whose epic return to Westeros has been built up and teased for five seasons, and I just barely care about her. Her arc needs momentum in a serious way. The fact that she's gone right back to being a "prisoner" of the Dothraki is mildly aggravating.

Last edited:
I hope Arya gets her sight back and is at least finally reunited with a family member. Who the bad place picks on a blind kid? I want that bully to get whats coming to her

I think it'll be revealed the girl is not picking on Arya so much as she is training her. Arya will be a superwarrior once she learns how to defeat her enemies when she's blind.

Same with Dany. If they just stick her with the Khal widows for an entire season, I'm going to be pissed off. She's a queen with three living dragons, whose epic return to Westeros has been built up and teased for five seasons, and I just barely care about her. Her arc needs momentum in a serious way. The fact that she's gone right back to being a "prisoner" of the Dothraki is mildly aggravating.

I wouldn't hold my breath. She may escape from the Temple quickly but the burning of Dany's fleet seems like a way to keep her in Mereen. I will no doubt be bored with her storyline but that will be nothing new since I've felt that way since season 1.

Anyway, okay premiere. I was most surprised by the failure to resurrect Jon right away (though I still strongly believe it will happen) and Doran's death. It makes sense though because there's no way a war with the Lannisters would happen on his watch.

I have to assume the Sand Snakes caught up with Trystane and Jaime by taking a faster, smaller boat. Plus, we don't know how long Trystane's ship had been sitting in harbor before they got aboard.

Ellaria and the Sand Snakes blame the Lannisters for Oberyn's death even though it's more his own fault than anything else, and Doran and Trystane stood in the way of them getting the revenge that they're seeking, even though killing them is not something that Oberyn would've approved of.

yeah.

I always questioned why they went that round, when Ellaria was there watching Oberyn willingly fight the Mountain. Like If Oberyn hadn't gotten cocky and was so bad place bent on revenge...he would have won.

But they went the way the did, and it seems like most Dornish were not to keen to give Doran a hand

I hope Arya gets her sight back and is at least finally reunited with a family member. Who the bad place picks on a blind kid? I want that bully to get whats coming to her

The Faceless God do. Arya signed for it. The girl isn't a bully, she is No One and is here to train Arya.

Nice first season 6 ep.

Decent premiere, mostly set up but that was expected, and Mel at the end? Craziness!

It's been a while since I watched Season 4, but I believe Ellaria tried to dissuade Oberyn from being Tyrion's champion, so it makes sense on some level that she'd lay the blame for his death on the Lannisters' shoulders since their squabbles are what caused the situation in the first place.

Last edited:
The Faceless God do. Arya signed for it. The girl isn't a bully, she is No One and is here to train Arya.

Nice first season 6 ep.

5 bucks says Arya is studying Law by mid season

The Devil of Braavos' Kitchen lol

I think it'll be revealed the girl is not picking on Arya so much as she is training her. Arya will be a superwarrior once she learns how to defeat her enemies when she's blind.

Nice first season 6 ep.

Oh I already figured that but she's kind of harsh about it. She must take some pleasure out of it bc she's been a word that rhymes with witch the second she met Arya

Honestly I'm not feeling this show like I once was. Had that feeling throughout season 4, and definitely in this episode. We've lost so many great characters (especially if Stannis is dead) without really getting new ones of equal quality. I'm still going to watch to see how it unfolds but I have trouble really rooting for a lot of these characters.

There's a few story lines that are still engaging, but less and less. Dorne was handled so poorly in the last season and now they unceremoniously killed off a bunch of characters we barely knew.

I think this episode suffered from having to set up the plots for this season for everybody. Aside from the Night's Watch/Davos storyline, it was basically one scene and done for all the characters, which didn't allow for the episode to build any momentum.

13062283_10153429832801610_5720312152989399423_n.jpg

I think this episode suffered from having to set up the plots for this season for everybody. Aside from the Night's Watch/Davos storyline, it was basically one scene and done for all the characters, which didn't allow for the episode to build any momentum.

That was the momentum, for me. Everyone else is kind of in transit. I suspect Arya's will be the slowest plot going forward if they just keep focusing on her training.

One other thing struck me as weird: why were Varys and Tyrion just walking around Mereen with no bodyguards? They knew the Sons of the Harpy were still out and about.

I think there was something else that happened during the episode that made me go "huh?" but now I can't remember what it was.

One other thing struck me as weird: why were Varys and Tyrion just walking around Mereen with no bodyguards? They knew the Sons of the Harpy were still out and about.

I think there was something else that happened during the episode that made me go "huh?" but now I can't remember what it was.

I assume that their bodyguards are just slightly off screen. Keeping a distance, but an eye on them.

I thought the first episode of season 6 was excellent. All the main characters got some screen time, there were plenty of shocks, and even a few deaths! (is it bad that we look forward to people dying on the show!!!)

A great start

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"