Supergirl Season 6, Episode 1: "Rebirth" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode synopsis:

"SEASON PREMIERE – As Brainiac (Jesse Rath) lays close to death after trying to stop Lex (Jon Cryer), Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and team soar in to save him, engaging in an epic battle with Gamenmae (guest star Cara Buono). After beating Leviathan, Supergirl turns her attention to Lex (Jon Cryer) who has used the Obsidian platform to brainwash half the world to love him and follow him at all costs, no matter what horrible things he does. Knowing how dangerous this makes her brother, Lena (Katie McGrath) enlists the entire team – Alex (Chyler Leigh), J’onn (David Harewood), Dreamer (Nicole Maines), Kelly (Azie Tesfai) and Brainiac – to help, but Supergirl realizes that the only way to truly stop Lex is to sacrifice herself. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner & Jessica Queller and teleplay by Jay Faerber & Jess Kardos."

So basically the S5 finale as expected.

Yeah that IS kinda weird, now that you mention it. Almost like all that happens in the first half to set up the "Rebirth" portion in the 2nd half? IDK.

And by sacrifice herself, she means do something that'll deage her! Supergirl will now be played by Izabela Vidovic! lol.

And by sacrifice herself, she means do something that'll deage her! Supergirl will now be played by Izabela Vidovic! lol.

I wouldn't have objected to that if Melissa wanted to quit but the CW wanted to keep the series going without her. I would've liked a teen Supergirl as in the comics. The film version we're getting is another adult version it looks like.

Stills: Section of Randomness

196037539_1.jpg

sg6.jpg

Why is her S lit up?

I wouldn't have objected to that if Melissa wanted to quit but the CW wanted to keep the series going without her. I would've liked a teen Supergirl as in the comics. The film version we're getting is another adult version it looks like.

The obession with de-aging Kara (fans have had in general)...kinda weird lol. Reboots happen in 5-10 years nowadays so im sure we'll be getting a Teen Kara by the time I hit my 40s (shudder)

Ok so they must have shot most of this last year I'm guessing, which means we'd probably best prepare to deal with an awful wig in some scenes (and Kara's "rebirth" includes losing the bangs). :funny:

Ok so they must have shot most of this last year I'm guessing, which means we'd probably best prepare to deal with an awful wig in some scenes (and Kara's "rebirth" includes losing the bangs). :funny:
This is supposed to be the "finale", right? I remember hearing they didn't have much left to film before the shut down last year. Especially with a shortened and final season.

Last edited:
This is supposed to be the "finale", right? I remember hearing they didn't have much left to film before the shut down last year.
Since the official description basically gives away the whole "finale" portion, I'm kinda getting the impression this is a sort of finale/premiere hybrid episode - Speeding up the plot of the finale, using the stuff they had already shot, and setting up the new season at the same time. It will probably be a somewhat messy episode, but I think I'd prefer that over the alternative of just continuing on like it's not a whole new season (a la The Flash).

Since the official description basically gives away the whole "finale" portion, I'm kinda getting the impression this is a sort of finale/premiere hybrid episode - Speeding up the plot of the finale, using the stuff they had already shot, and setting up the new season at the same time. It will probably be a somewhat messy episode, but I think I'd prefer that over the alternative of just continuing on like it's not a whole new season (a la The Flash).
That makes sense. It probably helped filming the new stuff with Melissa gone as well and won't drag on like The Flash did.

The Flash should've given away the first 3 episodes in its season premier description.

Are my eyes deceiving me or is Kara in the FOS from the Pre-Crisis timeline?

I'm guessing the production designer didn't get the memo about the recent changes from "Superman and Lois".
This was shot in March of last year, so no, there would have been no memo.

At any rate, I doubt they'd change it if there were. They built their set first, after all. They aren't just about to flush money down the drain just because S&L decided to do their own thing.

And just like DC Comics, the Arrowverse becomes one jumbled continuity mess.

I wouldn't be surprised if Superman & Lois is set on a different Earth than Earth-Prime since the Fortress of Solitudes are different in both shows.

It's possible that both Superman and Supergirl may each have their own Fortresses.

I wouldn't be surprised if Superman & Lois is set on a different Earth than Earth-Prime since the Fortress of Solitudes are different in both shows.

It's possible that both Superman and Supergirl may each have their own Fortresses.
We already saw Clark interacting with the other heroes on Earth-Prime during CoIE Part 5, so no S&L is not on a different Earth. Before COVID made it impossible they were planning a Batwoman S&L crossover.

The two shows are not allowed to share a set. Even before COVID, each show would need it's own studio space. But especially now, the shows just aren't allowed to share sets, crossover, etc.

I'm kind of hoping and starting to think that Superman and Lois is it's own thing. I would be slightly disappointed if they rewrote it where Melissa isn't Tyler's "cousin" but if they had to recast the role, I wouldn't hate it.

It isnt. Melissa already interested in appearing, I think Diggle is showing up? And the showrunner said its still part of the Arrowverse I believe. Not to mention that Batwoman was going to show up.

Ill just chalk up the Fortress being a different part that Clark used....

Ill just chalk up the Fortress being a different part that Clark used....
LOL, I said after it showed up on S&L that I hope there are other "rooms" to the fortress they aren't showing us because their version was really small and bland, so I like this head-canon. :funny:

Silly show, that's not what the Anti-Life Equation does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"