Supergirl SEASON 6 EPISODE 14: “Magical Thinking” (SPOILERS)

Brierrose

Civilian
Reaction score
Official Synopsis:
LENA MUST ACCEPT HER NEWFOUND POWERS IN ORDER TO HELP THE SUPER FRIENDS – Lena (Katie McGrath) is uncertain about using her magical abilities to help Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) retrieve the second totem from Nyxly (Peta Sergeant). William (Staz Nair) struggles to write a story on the Super Friends that makes both the heroes and Andrea (Julie Gonzalo) happy. Meanwhile, Kelly (Azie Tesfai) is thrilled Esme (guest star Mila Jones) has found a new home, but things go awry and the little girl’s future is put in danger. The episode was directed by Simon Burnett and written by Karen. E. Maser & Derek Simon (#614). Original airdate 10/5/2021.

Promo:

The storyline with the little girl was breaking my heart. Alex and Kelly gonna do the right thing though.

Another one I enjoyed.

Saw the Alex/Kelly/Esme thing coming a mile away but it was still sweet. Lena being fully a part of the team and still butting heads with them a little (or at least Kara) in a NON-"Will She Go Evil?!?!" capacity is nice to see. Even somewhat enjoyed William's storyline (two episodes in a row now) which is crazy.

I think the line of the night for me was Peta Sergeant's dramatic delivery of "I can save the snow leopards from extinction!!!"

Also for some reason this episode brought to my attention how random it is that Mitch has become such a major character this season. Like, the 'Big Bads' right now are essentially The Princess Nyxlygsptlnz of the 5th Dimension and her Sidekick Mitch, and that's cracking me up.

My thoughts on this episode remain random so here goes.
Best lines:
Nia ‘Lena broke my brain”
Nyly: “Why does nobody care about the snow leopards”

I’m thinking there’s a deleted bit that explains why Lena changed her mind about overloading Nyxly with human feelings, I’ll look for it on the Blu-Ray. I believe we had our first Lena/William scene and it was a good one, they used known information about William that was perfectly suited to Lena’s issue. I believe William will keep his word and not try to uncover secret identities, but he’ll figure them out. He won’t reveal anyone’s secret identity, but I wonder if he will let Kara/Nia know that he knows. Always love Melissa’s body language and facial expressions when ordinary bullets bounce off Supergirl. Esme’s foster parents were bad people but what they did provides the context for Alex and Kelly eventually adopting her. Second episode in a row that Kara had to make a decision as team leader, I hope that trend continues. Peta Sergeant continues to impress me, Nyxly is both menacing and funny which is not an easy balance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"