Supergirl Season 6, Episode 2: "A Few Good Women" (SPOILERS)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
Official Synopsis:
THE BREAKING POINT – As the stakes with Lex (Jon Cryer) are raised higher than ever before, Lena (Katie McGrath) must decide how far she is willing to go to stop her brother. Meanwhile, Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the team are faced with a challenge unlike anything they’ve ever dealt with before and it brings Alex (Chyler Leigh) to her breaking point. Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Robert Rovner & Jessica Queller and teleplay by Jay Faerber & Jess Kardos (#602). Original airdate 4/6/2021.

So this is still part of the last season storyline?

I don't think so. They said the first arc of this season is 7 episodes. I think Kara was supposed to die at the end of S5, a la Buffy. That was gonna be the end of the Leviathan/Gamemnae arc. This is all what was going to happen next. So Lex was never gonna be finished at the end of S5 I guess.

I don't think so. They said the first arc of this season is 7 episodes. I think Kara was supposed to die at the end of S5, a la Buffy. That was gonna be the end of the Leviathan/Gamemnae arc. This is all what was going to happen next. So Lex was never gonna be finished at the end of S5 I guess.

I honestly thought Buffy was going to be revived as a vampire for a while after she died and they'd temporarily call the show "Buffy the Vampire" until Willow found a way to restore her.

I honestly thought Buffy was going to be revived as a vampire for a while after she died and they'd temporarily call the show "Buffy the Vampire" until Willow found a way to restore her.
NGL, I would've preferred that over most of S6. :hehe:

I just cant with Alex braiding her hair and dying part of it blue as part of her superhero costume. It is just to funny for me. None of it makes sense :funny:

Love me some Jason Behr so I'm fine with the recast, though I prefer if Zor-El had just stayed dead but of course ill chalk this up to COIE. Also funny that both her parents have been recast.

I'm over Lex.

Give me the Super crew fighting bad guys and aliens while Kara is gone and struggling to win.

I just cant with Alex braiding her hair and dying part of it blue as part of her superhero costume. It is just to funny for me. None of it makes sense :funny:
I can't watch the episode yet, but this has cracked me up as well. :hehe:

Better than the finale/premiere. Some bits I really did like and others I just didn't. The episode started off strong but kinda went downhill. As much as I've enjoyed Cryer's Lex, I'm over him now too and I feel he's outstayed his welcome.

There's really no reason William is still around. His scenes added absolutely nothing to this episode. I'm not invested in the Kara Phantom Zone stuff either and if I'm not invested in Kara/Supergirl then the other stuff needs to be really good and again, part of it was and part of it wasn't.

The reveal with Kara's father being in the Phantom Zone as well didn't seem to have any emotional to it. It really could have been anyone and it wouldn't have changed anything about the episode. Hopefully his role improves and at least is given a little more emotional importance.

I do think this is a strong enough start to the final season though.

Last edited:
Kara reunited with her father Zor-El opens up a study about the father/ daughter relationship. Let's not forget she has been in the Phantom Zone so she should know how to get out of there.

It seems everyone is giving each other pep talks throughout the episode with the Martians, Brainiac 5/Nia, Lena/ Andrea, Alex/ Kelly, and Nia/ William.

Just watched. What a dull episode. Kara and Zor-El and a couple of thee Luthors' scenes were the only ones of interest. If we're getting multiple episodes of this...hoo boy. :dry: They really should've just waited 'til Melissa could shoot and gone with the original plan (as she said in an interview, the PZone was originally only supposed to be 1 or 2 eps). I still love Cryer's Lex, but I feel like him being in jail and having his memory wiped of Supergirl's identity was the natural, obvious end to his arc.

William is beyond dead weight at this point.

I think this episode was supposed to be a character moments episode (and that they edited out a lot of stuff) where everyone misses Kara. I liked the scene with J'onn--we rarely have him speak out specifically that Kara and Alex are more or less his daughters--and I liked Brainy talking about Kara. It is always nice to hear him talk about her. They should have more scenes.

I did wonder where Alex was all through, and I liked the last scene (at least, they are not going with, now she has a lover, she doesn't need a sister). Also, I hate the suit and makeup so when Alex is out of it, it is a relief.

I don't see why we have Catco and Andrea (or William) but I am assuming there will be something to with Luthors. I did not have much interest in the Catco and William parts. :(

Lena showing reflection is very good to see. I would like to see her take down Lex, but am so tired of Lex now. Why can't we have new villains? Also, another Trump story.

As always, I would like more Alex and Lena scenes but it appears Lena will be with Andrea for the near future. :( (Also, Andrea is too self-interested. I don't like her).

They seem to have brought William and Kelly in as a particularly non-polarising characters (everyday type that you would love in real world) so that they don't have to endure the whole Karamel, Sanvers, and SC thing all over again. But, there are so many characters, and I don't think they need to give screentime to all of them every episode.

I liked seeing so much of Kara since I was not expecting it. I guess, Kara is now starting to take new Kryptonians popping up every year in her stride. Or more likely, she was too traumatised by whatever she saw with phantoms to actually take stock of her father. Probably, the fact that her dad was a bit too down also led to that. Also, I wonder if they cut some emotion out of that too? The end of that scene seemed a bit too abrupt.
Where is Alura? I wish we could have an El-Danvers get together.

Well, they have signaled they are going to make Lex... Trumpian. And I... I just don't have the energy for it....

It was rather dull. I'm bored of watching Lex and would rather they left him in jail for a while.

I wonder if it's really Zor-El or whether there's something suspicious about him. Maybe it's part of Kara going insane and imagining it's her father but it's really someone else. She didn't seem to recognise him initially either.

When did Chyler tell Kelly that Kara was Supergirl? They never showed that scene.

Why isn't Lena helping the others to try to get Kara out?

Why isn't Lena helping the others to try to get Kara out?
I found that jarring as well. She went from being all, "I'll get her out no problem!" last episode, to not even mentioning her or the situation this episode. Like, I know that this episode was made waaay later, but damn. She literally just mended fences with her best friend right before she got trapped in a hell world by her brother - she could've at least shown a little concern about it this ep, lol. Maybe they should've rewatched the finale/premiere before writing this.

Also how did Kara wake up without bangs in the phantom zone? It's not like she had time to restyle her hair after being unconscious.

Also how did Kara wake up without bangs in the phantom zone? It's not like she had time to restyle her hair after being unconscious.
It’s pretty simple most of S6E1 was footage shot in March 2020, it was actually supposed to be S5E20. Melissa grew out the bangs in the almost nine months between production shutting down and when she returned to the set in January 2021.

It’s pretty simple most of S6E1 was footage shot in March 2020, it was actually supposed to be S5E20. Melissa grew out the bangs in the almost nine months between production shutting down and when she returned to the set in January 2021.

Yes, I know that's what happened in real life. I meant what is the in-universe explanation for that since she was zapped with the phantom zone gun at the end of one episode and woke up the next with no time to style her hair.

Yes, I know that's what happened in real life. I meant what is the in-universe explanation for that since she was zapped with the phantom zone gun at the end of one episode and woke up the next with no time to style her hair.
Not everything requires an answer. If you know there’s an IRL reason for something let it go. There’s no need to use even one second of screen time explaining Kara’s hair. They didn’t waste time explaining why Zol-El looked different because there’s an IRL reason, Kara’s hair is even less important.

Last edited:
Clearly, the 'Iron Clad' case against Lex was made of tissues. Just one witness!? And they thought it was a slam dunk? What happened to all the other evidence? Was there any?
One of the thing I don't like, is when writers gloss over so much procedural stuff for the sake of the story. That DA should have been hitting him with objections with every other sentence out of his mouth. (No wonder she got fired...)
Though I like Cryer's Lex and hope he makes the move over to SnL, he should have been left with Lena wiping his memory of Kara's identity in the last episode. Or better yet, she should have completely wiped his mind while she had the chance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"