Season 6, Episode 7 "The Broken Man" Discussion Thread

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
pZF5C4Y.jpg

Preview
[YT]pq-97rH6P_8[/YT]​

Aw, yeah! Jaime vs Blackfish, Olenna vs Cersei, the return of the Northern storyline! Next episode is going to be awesome! :up:

I think "The Broken Man is a reference to [blackout]the Hound.[/BLACKOUT]

It could also be a reference to Jon. How he's changed since he's come back. Or even Davos, if he finally learns about Shireen.

Is Jaime going to veer back to the not so good side? He's back with Cersei and now having to side with the Freys against the Tullys/Blackfish (against Sansa/Jon).

I have a hard time saying Jaime's on the bad side, honestly. So long as he's moving against the High Sparrow, I'm rooting for him. Presumably he could bring these Lannister troops back to the capital after the Riverlands Siege is wrapped up.

I hope so. It's going to be very hard to not root for him but I guess I'd be wanting the Blackfish to win so that his army is available for Sansa/Jon against Ramsay. But yeah **** the High Sparrow!

Whether Jaime is with or against the Blackfish I still dont consider him a bad guy. Ramsay is a bad guy. The Night's King is a bad guy. Jaime is no Ramsey or Night's King. He is against the Blackfish for military reasons and cause he wants to stabilize the land for his King which also is his son. His reasons for going after the blackfish isnt sadistic or "evil".

It could also be a reference to Jon. How he's changed since he's come back. Or even Davos, if he finally learns about Shireen.

It may end up referring to all of them.

Whether Jaime is with or against the Blackfish I still dont consider him a bad guy. Ramsay is a bad guy. The Night's King is a bad guy. Jaime is no Ramsey or Night's King. He is against the Blackfish for military reasons and cause he wants to stabilize the land for his King which also is his son. His reasons for going after the blackfish isnt sadistic or "evil".
Is the Night's King a bad guy? I didn't think he had choice over his actions any more and was like a force of nature. Jaime was a bad guy in season 1 when he tried to kill a kid and theoretically even Ramsay could see the error of his ways and turn over a new leaf if he went on a road trip with the right 6'3 woman. ;) Now it wouldn't feel right for Jaime to do anything outright evil anymore and I guess he'll be conflicted every time he's asked to carry out some duty like this that he is no longer comfortable with.

Is the Night's King a bad guy? I didn't think he had choice over his actions any more and was like a force of nature. Jaime was a bad guy in season 1 when he tried to kill a kid and theoretically even Ramsay could see the error of his ways and turn over a new leaf if he went on a road trip with the right 6'3 woman. ;) Now it wouldn't feel right for Jaime to do anything outright evil anymore and I guess he'll be conflicted every time he's asked to carry out some duty like this that he is no longer comfortable with.

The Night's King in the show is evil if he has free will and independent thought. There is the possibility that he is just doing what he was created to do. Destroy men. The Children created the White Walkers to kill men and the White Walkers took that mission to its most extreme place. What better way to kill men than to freeze the whole damn world and slaughter all of them? Similar to what Ultron did in Age of Ultron. Stark created him to protect the world nd Ultron took that mission to its most extreme place believing the only way to save the world was to destroy mankind.

If that is what is going on then no I wouldnt call the Night's King evil.

His WW are effectively child soldiers from what we've seen. I don't care what your cause is - that's pure evil.

His WW are effectively child soldiers from what we've seen. I don't care what your cause is - that's pure evil.

Think about it. He was chained to a tree and transformed into a being who's sole directive was "Kill men". And all this was against his will and now he is seemingly acting out this directive by any means because in his potentially enslaved mind the end goal is all that matters or exists.

Its like calling the Terminator evil. He isnt evil. He is doing what he was "programmed" to do.

Last edited:
In any case, D and D put to rest my fear that the NK would be left as a generic Dark Lord. You raise an equally valid point.

I hope there is some good dialogue with Jaime and Blackfish... Blackfish talking about the red wedding, etc, and seeing the 'new jaime' react... hopefully it's not some short throw away scene

Is Jaime going to veer back to the not so good side? He's back with Cersei and now having to side with the Freys against the Tullys/Blackfish (against Sansa/Jon).

Brienne helped with Jaime's redemption -somewhat (or at least brought him to a lighter shade of gray) and now she and Jaime are both headed to Riverrun. Methinks the twain shall meet soon....

Brienne helped with Jaime's redemption -somewhat (or at least brought him to a lighter shade of gray) and now she and Jaime are both headed to Riverrun. Methinks the twain shall meet soon....
Good point. :cool:

Official images:

20160525_ep_607_Publicity_still_11.001521261-630x354.jpg

GOT607_121015_HS__DSC37241-630x419.jpg

GOT607_121015_HS__DSC35341-630x419.jpg

GOT607_101615_HS__DSC65901-630x419.jpg

GOT607_101615_HS__DSC66331-630x946.jpg

GOT607_121115_HS__DSC38841-630x419.jpg

Glaad to see Arya returning to his original hairstyle (the Ned Stark one) and Im totally in love with the Blackfish's armour

Glad to see Bronn back. The King's Landing plot badly needs a common-sense character to point out everyone else's BS.

Minor complaint. I really dont like the way Jon's hair is this season. It looks so much better hanging loose.

Minor complaint. I really dont like the way Jon's hair is this season. It looks so much better hanging loose.

Agreed. Or at least have it long and tied up like Ned used to have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"