Season 6, Episode 8 "No One" Discussion Thread

Episode #58 (season 6, episode 8) is titled “No One” and is officially described as follows:

“While Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) weighs his options, Cersei (Lena Headey) answers a request. Tyrion’s (Peter Dinklage) plans bear fruit. Arya (Maisie Williams) faces a new test.”

Holy ****, Sandor championing the Faith Militant against the Mountain championing Cersei? Westeros would invent pay-per-view cable TV just for that reason alone.

It would probably upset less people than my idea of the High Sparrow sending Tommen, tricked out in armor, to do combat with Cersei's Mountain.

I don't half-ass it with my villains.

I don't like that one. I read a theory that the Waif is a figment of Arya's imagination. A manifestation of the Faceless side of her personality. This was supported by the fact that you never see Jaqen addressing the Waif while Arya's in the room. And vice-versa.

That's not a fact. There are a number of scenes where those two speak to each other with and without Arya present from the time she first started in the House of B&W all the way up to Jaqen greenlighting the hit on Arya two weeks ago.

Arya was so unbelievably naive in this latest episode that it's given rise to an incredible amount of tinfoil this week!

Didn't a man owe a girl one more life? She only named 2.

also check out what Arya was wearing when she went into hiding

lXPqmHZ.png

Now look at the what the girl is wearing with her back turned towards you as "Arya" walks toward you on the bridge.

ZGj5umY.png

if you go back and watch this scene again you'll notice as they get close "Arya" turns her face away from the girl walking away so she can't get a good look at her.

the jacket is different but the skirt and the hair are the same. could be a coincidence. could be a curveball.

Jaqen took more than three lives to get her out of Harrenhal. The third name was traded for a free exit out of there and that canceled the debt.

Those outfits above are not identical, and that's just an extra wearing similar Braavosi fashion.

</span>

It would probably upset less people than my idea of the High Sparrow sending Tommen, tricked out in armor, to do combat with Cersei's Mountain.

I don't half-ass it with my villains.

I temporarily donned my pro wrestling fan hat for that idea, lol.

I won't say that there isn't more to what's happening with Arya... I'm just not sure what yet.

Take a look at the scene in the Hall of Faces at 27:55 here and note the face that she touches:
All Arya Stark Scenes in Season 5 (GoT)

Look familiar? ;)

Last edited:
Interesting...

Someone really needs to do a youtube video of all the GoT face-pull scenes set to the Mission Impossible theme.

Tried watching it on my phone and couldn't tell who it was...might be.looking too blind :(

Try this instead:

https://imgur.com/a/IBiPP

At first glance it would appear to be the same face, but upon closer inspection I think that the second one used by the Waif has a different nose which is more hooked.

Last edited:
I brighten up the photos...

nxZhiZ1.png

737gNG6.png

They are definitely similar. It's hard to tell for sure though. They are close enough that even if they aren't the same person I could buy that they are supposed to be, assuming that's what the show is going to sell.

Im confused. Why does it matter that the Waif used the face that Arya touched in season 5? Do yall think its just a bit of foreshadowing or are yall sayingsaying that this is evidence that Arya is up to something?

It's possibly evidence that Arya is faking her death. If it's the same face it opens the possibility that Arya could have recognized Waif.

I'm won't say that there isn't more to what's happening with Arya... I'm just not sure what yet.

Take a look at the scene in the Hall of Faces at 27:55 here and note the face that she touches:
All Arya Stark Scenes in Season 5 (GoT)

Look familiar? ;)</span>

Whooaaa! That's the old woman's face! Good catch!!!

Regarding the theory that the Waif is a fragment of Arya's imagination, while good, i don't buy it. Mainly because the main piece of evidence used is that we never see Arya, Jaqen and the Waif in the same scene, and that is wrong. In fact, we see them all together the first scene the Waif is in lol.

When she appers to play the "game" with Arya. Then comes Jaqen and scolds her, telling her that Arya is not ready.

They are definitely similar. It's hard to tell for sure though. They are close enough that even if they aren't the same person I could buy that they are supposed to be, assuming that's what the show is going to sell.

I could buy that too. Maybe they couldn't get the same actress back? But how this piece fits into the puzzle is anyone's guess at this point.

I don't like that one. I read a theory that the Waif is a figment of Arya's imagination. A manifestation of the Faceless side of her personality. This was supported by the fact that you never see Jaqen addressing the Waif while Arya's in the room. And vice-versa.

I like that too. Her presences always seems mystical…..

How does that theory work when the Waif is an actual character in the books with a backstory?

How does that theory work when the Waif is an actual character in the books with a backstory?

And we've seen Jaqen talking to Arya and the Waif at the same time in the same room (waif's very first scene)

Sibel: "I would like to thank GRRM for offering to let me stay at his modest home in Santa Fe."

Sibel: "I would like to thank GRRM for offering to let me stay at his modest home in Santa Fe."

His modest SECOND home in Sante Fe /hehasa****pad

Sesamstrasse-DasWortDesTages-SibelKekilli-(2013).jpg

Editor's note: Elmo denies being involved in a Sibel/GRRM threesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"