Season 6, Episode 8 "No One" Discussion Thread

too bad we don't have a poll on what happened to Arya. We have 3 theories?

1. Arya used stagecraft and faked it

2. It was actually Jaqen not Arya

3. Arya and Waif are split personalities

If I had to bet it's number 2. But I think I would like it better if Arya actually used her wits and outsmarted that wench.

she has no reason or grounds to be angry about anything. She left, and in turn, left Tyrion in charge as her right hand man.

Let the dragons die, or free them. I know what she would choose.

Did he let them out of the dungeon or just remove their chains?

uh no they were trying to kill them all. clearly. it's just another plothole in the disaster that is season 5.

they all just stopped fighting and forgave each other right when dany left!

Please.

They were trying to get to her -she's the boss, and anyone in front of her. Once she left they had no reason to lose more of their guys in trying to overcome the unsullied, and reinforcements were likely on the way. The Harpies can't stay and fight in the open indefinitely against all their troops. Their losses were already very high at that point and their window was closing so a strategic withdrawal to lick their wounds was practical and not far-fetched at all.

Wouldn't it be funny if Dragon urine could cure greyscale? And poor Jorah is wandering the world looking for what was easily found. lol

Did he let them out of the dungeon or just remove their chains?

off of their chains is all that is shown... however I would HOPE these was at least an opening somewhere for them to get some sun :funny:

I think next episode the dragons escape, in the preview there is a scene with Tyrion and everything starts shaking (though that could very well be Dany/Drogon returning)

As for the Harpy/Dany fight subsiding when she left... they continued the fight this very season by burning all of her ships and shes no where to be found! :funny:

They were trying to get to her -she's the boss, and anyone in front of her. Once she left they had no reason to lose more of their guys in trying to overcome the unsullied, and reinforcements were likely on the way. The Harpies can't stay and fight in the open indefinitely against all their troops. Their losses were already very high at that point and their window was closing so a strategic withdrawal to lick their wounds was practical and not far-fetched at all.

If reinforcements are coming, and the unsullied were killing so many of them, they would have chased them down and had them surrounded, killing all of the harpies in the stadium.

As for the Harpy/Dany fight subsiding when she left... they continued the fight this very season by burning all of her ships and shes no where to be found! :funny:

That's sabotage, not open warfare.

</span>

Oh, I forgot no one would possibly be guarding the ships and they could just go and burn down an entire fleet of ships in broad daylight... for reasons...

And you ask why I hate Essos so much.

If reinforcements are coming, and the unsullied were killing so many of them, they would have chased them down and had them surrounded, killing all of the harpies in the stadium.

Not necesarily. There are multiple exits from the coliseum and underground tunnels. They decide to leave before more troops arrive.

Yea... and the unsullied just let them leave right? :funny:

come on... you're reaching so hard right now...those multiple exits were closed and locked... as shown when Dany and co try escaping them.

Oh, I forgot no one would possibly be guarding the ships and they could just go and burn down an entire fleet of ships in broad daylight... for reasons...

And you ask why I hate Essos so much.

They could kill guards, start fires and run away, sure. Not everything can be guarded in Mereen with massive amounts of troops all the time.

I find Grey Worm and Missendei to be quite dull as far as supporting characters go.

So the one thing shes been begging for... a fleet of ships... isn't really protected at all
Makes sense.

Yea... and the unsullied just let them leave right? :funny:

come on... you're reaching so hard right now...those multiple exits were closed and locked... as shown when Dany and co try escaping them.

Not too many unsullied were left to chase and kill every Harpy down every rathole. One that we saw was locked. And who locked those exits and has the keys?

I'm not reaching at all, I'm being logical about that situation. Yourl hatred for Dany, Essos and the entirety of Season 5 precludes your considering of rational explanations for things.
</span>

Not too many unsullied were left to chase and kill every Harpy down every rathole. One that we saw was locked. And who locked those exits and has the keys?

I'm not reaching at all, I'm being logical about that situation. Yourl hatred for Dany, Essos and the entirety of Season 5 precludes your considering of rational explanations for things.
</span>

Well if we are going to go that path I can just as easily say your fanboyism for dany does the same for you.

So the one thing shes been begging for... a fleet of ships... isn't really protected at all
Makes sense.

There's chaos in the streets, they can't police everything with massive forces. I'm sure there were guards but not enough for a quick concentrated assault, and the burning could have orchestrated with stealth too. Guys posing as sailors or dockworkers.

anyways, back to the original topic... Dany shouldn't be upset with Tyrion for anything, IMO

I find Grey Worm and Missendei to be quite dull as far as supporting characters go.

Their insights into the love life of eunuchs will surely be discussed decades from now in lit crit journals.

I agree. Dany is bringing a horde of murderous rapists to a city that she took by force and terror.

Well if we are going to go that path I can just as easily say your fanboyism for dany does the same for you.

And I will counter with the fact that I challenged the whole burning of the Dosh Kaleen. If something isn't logical or it happens implausibly, I'm the first to jump on it. I love Arya, and jumped on that crap right away too.

Last edited:
There's chaos in the streets, they can't police everything with massive forces. I'm sure there were guards but not enough for a quick concentrated assault, and the burning could have orchestrated with stealth too. Guys posing as sailors or dockworkers.

There's chaos in the streets?!?!

WOW. I guess that explains why Tyrion and Varys were casually walking around the streets...by themselves...with no guards. :dry:

Guys posing as sailors or dockworkers. - Like i said... reaching.

Their insights into the love life of eunuchs will surely be discussed decades from now in lit crit journals.

I agree. Dany is bringing a horde of murderous rapists to a city that she took by force and terror.

I'm almost certain that when [BLACKOUT]Varys [/BLACKOUT] decides to leave Meereen his reason will be a simple "I'm tired of talking to inanimate objects."

Even when Tyrion and Varys see the fleet on fire... they just casually stand there and crack a joke "she wont be leaving anytime soon! wink wink"

Chaos!

85e227c391fd0d568933fd8fb6f50c90b2f81b22_hq.gif
baby.gif

There's chaos in the streets?!?!

WOW. I guess that explains why Tyrion and Varys were casually walking around the streets...by themselves...with no guards. :dry:

Guys posing as sailors or dockworkers. - Like i said... reaching.

That isn't reaching. What's wrong with a rather simple disguise to get close to something you wish to destroy?

That part of Mereen where they walked is liikely secure, within the perimeter of their army.

</span>

Ok, fist. you're right. There's nothing wrong with anything to do with Dany/Tyrions story. You win.

Anyhow, if we don't see all 3 dragons flying around soon, I riot. I'd love a season ala season 3's Dracarys where shes heading for westeros with her army and the big ash dragons in the sky instead of the eagles they were in season 3

They've been cutting the direwolves for...something. I don't think we've seen it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"