The Flash Season 6, Episode 9: "Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 3" (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Ya know for someone who supposedly doesn't care you sure do post a LOT (in every thread) about this. :o

But at least you are consistent. Wrong but consistent :o:o:o:o:o

I keed I keed[\spoiler]

Ya know for someone who supposedly doesn't care you sure do post a LOT (in every thread) about this. :o

But at least you are consistent. Wrong but consistent :o:o:o:o:o

I keed I keed[\spoiler]

I know. I know. I'm just so legitimately pissed that KC Superman was killed like this. Though given my history with this sore subject, I think I'll move on from this within a week from now.

Biggest problem was that I had allowed myself to get hyped for KC Superman's role, especially after they had actually done a great job of reintroducing Brandon as Superman again.

So the idea that KC Superman was one of the paragons made me hope, no pun intended, that he would be considered important in saving the Multi-verse. I didn't think that they would kill him off before he had a chance to do anything.

Seriously, the idea that the likes of Batwoman, MM, and Ryan Choi are considered to be worthy enough of being paragons but Black Lightning, Green Arrow, Superman (on any earth), Batman, and others aren't is such a freaking joke.

After Crisis, I can see the following crossovers:
Superman/ Supergirl
Superman/ Flash
Superman/ Black Lightning
Supergirl/ Batwoman
Flash/ Black Lightning
Supergirl/ Star Girl
Batwoman/ Black Lightning
Legends/ Green Arrow and Canaries

I honestly don't see Batwoman renewed for a second season. Especially since the ratings for the show are the lowest in the cw. I'll be very surprised.

I honestly don't see Batwoman renewed for a second season. Especially since the ratings for the show are the lowest in the cw. I'll be very surprised.

We have many SHH members who follow (and understand) TV ratings more than me. So I defer to them. However, last I heard, Batwoman is the CW’s #2 show (after The Flash). At the very least, Batwoman is easily in the top half of all CW shows. Now, it could suddenly run out of gas and drop to the bottom. But until that happens, imminent cancellation doesn’t seem likely.

Superman/ Supergirl
Superman/ Flash
Supergirl/ Batwoman
Flash/ Black Lightning
Supergirl/ Star Girl
If speculation is to be believed, and all the shows take place on the same Earth once Crisis is done and dusted, then all shows will have the potential to crossover with each other. The exceptions are probably going to be Star Girl and the Canaries show because they're time displaced; although that shouldn't be too big an obstacle when you throw Legends and Flash into the mix, cause they can time travel.

I do think there's more potential with Supergirl and Batwoman though, and Black Lightning and Flash (and obviously Superman and Supergirl). I'm not quite seeing Superman and Black Lightning however; the two characters just seem worlds apart. No doubt they'll team up Barry and Kara at some future points too, cause they've got a good friendship.

I expect Batwoman will get a second season, most CW shows at least get that, but I'm not seeing, nor hoping for a third. The same goes with this Canaries spinoff.

As negative as it is for me to say, I hope both Batwoman and the Canaries show fail to draw in enough watchers to remain on air, and then another, more worthy show will come in to take their place. Batwoman just doesn't do anything for me - maybe I had my fill of Gotham when watching Gotham. The Canaries spinoff (in my mind) is just destroying the Green Arrow Legacy, and we simply don't need it.

The CW doesn't really need any more than six DC shows to be a success. There's such a thing as overkill. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Legends, Black Lightening, Batwoman. That's what we've got so far. Arrow is obviously wrapping up soon, with Legends, Black Lightning and Batwoman (I think) being less than favourable shows (simply lower ratings). Flash and Supergirl I think are still strong.

If Batwoman falls, simply have that replaced by the Superman show. Ditch the Canaries, for Stargirl, and maybe replace Black Lightning with another show like the Outsiders (featuring Black Lightning). Legends is an oddball in it's own right, but that can be succeeded by the Green Lantern Corps show for cosmic appeal.

Although Earth 90 Flash was the one to make the sacrifice, the newspaper headline that Flash disappeared in the Crisis was clearly about Earth 1 Barry Allen. It was even his picture. And just so there was no mistake, Nora (from last season) and future Iris had lived through the experience of Barry disappearing or dying in the Crisis. So doesn't that still need to happen? How can Earth 90 Flash dying remove that possibility or give rise to that newspaper headline? Wouldn't it change that?

It doesnt. The headline will change when this is all over. The future as Earth 1 knew it will be different. (unless something else happens with Barry)

Superman/ Supergirl
Superman/ Flash
Supergirl/ Batwoman
Flash/ Black Lightning
Supergirl/ Star Girl
I can see a Flash/Black Lightning team-up being very entertaining.

If there is only one earth at the end of this, does that mean they're stuck with Nash Wells as the only Wells? And they can't have their schtick of having a different Wells every season.

I will bet money there is not only 1 Earth...but not necessarily. In theory all the Wells would merge and we would be stuck with whoever comes out of that in the new history. Pariah would be gone.

The Flash headline of him disappearing may still be there because Reverse-Flash may have a role in the Crisis.

I'm suprised that the Reverse Flash hasn't appeared yet... I wonder if the writers have abandoned the idea of him playing a role in the crossover? I hope that's not the case.

Isn't he meant to be in the last part of Crisis?

Also, if Barry did end up corrupted by Bloodwork, ultimately that wouldn't have mattered, because it was Earth-90 Barry Allen who made the sacrifice and disappeared in Crisis, not Earth-1 Barry.

If I had to guess then he will probably be in the next episode. I'm sure Tom Cavanagh was confirmed to be the RF again.

Yeah RF is in one of the last two parts if I read right.

Oh, I get the “logical” connections. But references of this sort almost always function as homages/Easter eggs, as humor, as knowing winks to the audience. Beyond this, however, it’s not worth inferring a deeper narrative or thematic significance. IOW, don’t think too hard about the implied “continuity” or - worse - work yourself into an outrage over it. :cwink:

IMO, Routh was never playing THE Donnerverse Superman, whether in SR or this crossover. The situation is exactly how you've described it. Actual Donner Superman is just the four Reeve films and Supergirl '84.

If Christopher Reeve were still alive today and not paralysed, it would've been cool if he played Kingdom Come Superman.

If Christopher Reeve were still alive today and not paralysed, it would've been cool if he played Kingdom Come Superman.

As great as that would have been to see, I'd ultimately pass on that if it meant that they were going to use him so that the producers can prop up Batwoman and Supergirl at Superman's expense.

Plus, it'd make it worse to see him die in the crappy way that Routh's Superman died in this episode.

Agreed. This crisis thing has defn been up and down but this was my reaction to when KC Supes died

upload_2019-12-13_21-45-39.jpeg

Is Brandon Routh's Superman from the Singer film continuity?

Is Brandon Routh's Superman from the Singer film continuity?

Yes. And since Singer's continuity is from Donner's continuity then that makes him Christopher Reeve's version as well.

So the idea that he was replaced/killed by Lex for the final battle is just absurd and downright disrespectful.

I never bought Brandon Routh as Reeve's Supes and never will. That was one of my problems with SR to begin with. Both him and Bosworth completely failed to capture the essence of their predecessors, which wouldn't be an issue if they weren't supposed to be those versions. The only way I can like him as Supes is if I think of him as a different incarnation, because I like Brandon, but he ain't Christopher Reeve. Not by a long shot. And when I try to see him as such, his performance goes from "likable" to "sad imitation." I don't even care for the Donner films, but Reeve was irreplaceable, which is why SR's biggest mistake was trying to sell me on Singer's world being that one, and Brandon being THAT Supes, because neither the world as Singer designed it, nor Brandon's performance, captured that at all for me.

So when you say "they killed Reeve's Supes," what I hear is, "they killed the pale imitation of Reeve's Supes," which actually makes me feel better about the whole thing, because that imitation never should've happened, lol. Part of the reason I was happy when they announced Brandon would be playing KC Superman was because my first thought was, "finally he gets to play a version of Supes that isn't a Reeve knock-off." So needless to say, when Guggenheim later stated it was indeed the same version, it felt like a bit of a downgrade to me.

Best out of the three for me. 90s Flash's sendoff was beautifully done, kudos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"