The Flash Season 6, Episode 9: "Crisis on Infinite Earths, Part 3" (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Also glad to see the Vanishing Point since the Legends' 1st season.

I wonder if they will battle the Anti-Monitor at the Dawn of Time.

I was hoping for a passing of the Superman torch from Tom Welling and Brandon Routh to Tyler Hoechlin. With KC Superman gone, I guess in the Batwoman part that seeing Clark, Kara, and KC Clark as well as their alter-egos in this one are the three Kryptonian scene that Berlanti was referring to.

Heroes are revived and the Anti-Monitor is defeated.

The end.

If they are revived, will they remember the Multiverse?

The Anti-Monitor defeats the Paragons and Oliver as the Spectre tries to stop him, only to lose likely because of Lex Luthor's scheming actions.

Well I agree he may actually be gone then, which would be a shame. If so, they missed a perfect opportunity to recreate a version of Supergirl's death, but with the roles reversed - him being the one protecting her from the Anti-Monitor.

Hell, I could think of several ways that KC Superman could have died that would have been more meaningful than what we got.

We could have seen him sacrificing his life to rescue Lois and Jonathan from dying, thus him being able to save his doppelganger's family when he couldn't save his own. He could have had a real heartfelt moment with Tyler's Superman to pass the torch.

I honestly don't remember any reference to the JL in the first season of Black Lightning. They did reference Supergirl, although they may have been talking about a comic book character.

I think it was in reference to a Supergirl costume. Like on our Earth, they were just comic characters on BL-Earth. There must have been some bleed over from the Multiverse for them to be aware of them even in that context.

Also glad to see the Vanishing Point since the Legends' 1st season.

I wonder if they will battle the Anti-Monitor at the Dawn of Time.

I was hoping for a passing of the Superman torch from Tom Welling and Brandon Routh to Tyler Hoechlin. With KC Superman gone, I guess in the Batwoman part that seeing Clark, Kara, and KC Clark as well as their alter-egos in this one are the three Kryptonian scene that Berlanti was referring to.

From the wording in the preview for the final two hours, that is what's going to happen.

The only thing I don't like about COIE is the deaths of all the other Earth heroes. I know some people are saying they are glad Flash99 finally had some completion, but I prefer thinking that they are still out there, living their lives. And now they are gone...:csad:

Have to say, I hope that Barry does disappear at the end of this. They've been leading up to his disappearance from the very beginning, and to simply have Flash 99 take his place feels like a cop-out.

Hell, I could think of several ways that KC Superman could have died that would have been more meaningful than what we got.

We could have seen him sacrificing his life to rescue Lois and Jonathan from dying, thus him being able to save his doppelganger's family when he couldn't save his own. He could have had a real heartfelt moment with Tyler's Superman to pass the torch.
Agreed, either of those would've been much better. But I give them points for the Lex thing just because it was the only moment in this otherwise painfully predictable episode that actually surprised me.

I mean I don't get why they can give Earth-90 Barry that great emotional sendoff where they utilize footage from his series as he reflects on his life for KC's Superman...who is also Christopher Reeve's Superman, the literal progenitor of modern superheroes.

How does the producers expect fans to trust them with Superman after how they have handled him in this crossover?

I think it was in reference to a Supergirl costume. Like on our Earth, they were just comic characters on BL-Earth. There must have been some bleed over from the Multiverse for them to be aware of them even in that context.

From the wording in the preview for the final two hours, that is what's going to happen.

The only thing I don't like about COIE is the deaths of all the other Earth heroes. I know some people are saying they are glad Flash99 finally had some completion, but I prefer thinking that they are still out there, living their lives. And now they are gone...:csad:

Have to say, I hope that Barry does disappear at the end of this. They've been leading up to his disappearance from the very beginning, and to simply have Flash 99 take his place feels like a cop-out.

Actually Flash-90 taking his Earth-1 counterpart's place was something I saw coming. While they're adhering to the comics in terms of his death, they also went the opposite of the comics on what it would be like if Barry joined the heroes to battle the Monitor.

You have to wonder if Barry's future has changed as a result of this. I think XS was supposed to appear in this.

This was my favorite of the three. I liked the cliffhanger too. Not perfect, but it’s the CW. All the Superman stuff is just....again, the CW.

Alright, well, see ya in the new year.

So, watching Crisis Aftermath, Berlanti said one of the writer's for Smallville wrote Welling's scene and that sounds right. It felt in tone with SV.

They replayed the Lex/Clark interaction and having seen it a couple of times now, I realize how good the music was in that moment when Lex finds out Clark has no powers. It's almost a battles-of-wills theme: does Lex kill Clark? And if he does, does Clark still go out on his own terms, not giving Lex the satisfaction of letting him think he's better than Clark? It had a will they/won't they kill him vibe, almost like this could be the end of all for the SV Clark/Lex relationship, and only one would survive.

Anyway, just some thoughts after re-watching that bit. Good stuff.

I mean I don't get why they can give Earth-90 Barry that great emotional sendoff where they utilize footage from his series as he reflects on his life for KC's Superman...who is also Christopher Reeve's Superman, the literal progenitor of modern superheroes.

How does the producers expect fans to trust them with Superman after how they have handled him in this crossover?
Marc Guggenheim is behind this, and he has never had the reverence for the Supers that Todd Helbing, the showrunner of Superman & Lois does. Guggenheim's treatment of Kara in the previous crossovers was absolutely terrible, and the only time she came across well was in one episode (the first part of Invasion) that was written by Helbing. These shows are not all actually made by the same people, you know. :funny:

Thanks for the info.

Well, I guess we will see. Right now, a lot of people are upset about how this crossover has portrayed or used Superman. They are going to have to rebuild new bridges. The only way that show gets off is if Superman is propelled into major stardom and as a pillar for the DC universe because people are sick of seeing him like this.

I don't even know why the Monitor spared Supemran from Argo since he is neither paragon nor important to the crisis.

I think we should have lowered our expectations since Guggenheim was behind this crossover.

Also about Lex Luthor replacing KC Superman, there was a hint when he warned Batwoman about seeing her soon again.

You know what I thought was going to happen? That KC Superman dies and that he would be in Supergirl's arms like the Crisis comics but in reverse.

Last edited:
I think we should have lowered our expectations since Guggenheim was behind this crossover.

Also about Lex Luthor replacing KC Superman, there was a hint when he warned Batwoman about seeing her soon again.

You know what I thought was going to happen? That KC Superman dies and that he would be in Supergirl's arms like the Crisis comics but in reverse.

Yeah, my fault in believing that we would get something good Superman related.

God, I feel so cheated as a fan. I feel like someone just took a pile of **** and laid it over my childhood hero.

Well, in way he did die in her arms. Then she backed away as he faded into Lex.

Well, I guess we will now have to ask on who fans think had the bigger WTF death of the year:

KC Superman or Donma Troy (Wonder Girl)?

Saw the clip of Lucifer meeting John Constantine, it was amazing finally seeing these two (Matt Ryan and Tom Ellis) share a screen together, now I want a separate DC Dark series, get Swamp Thing in it too.

It was also shocking how much better actors Tom and Ryan are compared to many other CW actors, the difference is noticeable even when they have just few minutes of screen- time together..

After being a little underwhelmed by Batwoman's show last night, we got a nearly perfect episode tonight. JWS's Flash gets a fitting send-off, we see a complex friendship between Kara and Kate forming, and Oliver becomes the Spectre.

And the KC Superman looked better than I could have imagined. I really wasn't sure how that costume was going to be adapted, but the visuals and Routh's performance were on target.

If not Wonder Woman, I wish they would let them use the Wonder Girl from Titans.

With KC Superman likely gone, Lex has killed another one. I will bet you that Lex probably went back to the Smallville Earth and killed Clark Kent before he killed and replaced the KC Superman.

I wonder if Lucifer will appear in Legends when their 5th season starts.

A generally more solid episode than the previous two. Fairly well paced, decent character interaction. It feels like the story finally has some time to breathe, which was nice.

As for the Superman "fiasco" everyone's whining about, they started this whole thing with his storyline, he's been fairly active for not being a lead character in any of the shows, and I'm sure everyone will get their moment to shine before this is all said and done. Routh's Superman will be back, Tyler's Superman will be back and then one of them will go into a weird other universe so the other one can have their own TV show.

No surprises here as to which Flash was going to vanish (still think it's possible our Barry bites it before all is said and done, though probably not likely now) The buildup to Earth 90 Barry Allen's death was handled much better than Green Arrow's was and it was going somewhere...but then it was kind of silly and rushed. Meh.

I did enjoy watching The Spectre step out from behind a tree. Here's hoping they're taking some influence from Oliver's appearances in Final Night and The Nail and we get a really cool "cosmic arrow" moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"