Supergirl Season 6 Episode 9: "DREAM WEAVER" (SPOILERS)

Brierrose

Civilian
Reaction score
Official Synopsis:

"SUPERGIRL AND KELLY TEAM UP – Kelly (Azie Tesfai) meets Joey (guest star Aiden Stoxx), a young orphaned alien boy, who is acting out in foster care because he fears there is something wrong with his brother Orlando (guest star Jhaleil Swaby), who is incarcerated. Kelly asks Kara (Melissa Benoist) to help her investigate and they stumble upon abuse at the prison. Meanwhile, Nyxly (Peta Sergeant) crashes one of Nia’s (Nicole Maines) dreams and asks her for help. The episode was directed by Shannon Kohli and written by Karen E. Maser & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#609). Original airdate 8/31/2021."

Another pretty solid episode. I found myself enjoying the story and the little mystery aspect to it all and it was well done for the most part. The Supergirl stuff save for the confrontation towards the end was almost atrocious though...yikes.

You would think Nia would talk to or at least mention to Kara about Nxy popping up...

Alex and Kelly are totally adopting that little girl, aren't they?

So far I've been pleased with 6B. Could definitely be better but it's not off to a bad start after the uninteresting Phantom Zone storyline.

I know Aliens living out and about all over National City has been Supergirls thing since practically day 1 so they could do their own immigration type subplots but I wish COIE got rid of that aspect so they could explore Earth getting used to Aliens that arent Superman/Supergirl. It doesn't really gel with the rest of the Arrowverse.

Like where did these thousands of Aliens come from that decided to refuge in national city? Since most of them look totally human, should've just made them Meta-Humans.

Last edited:
Wow Kara you really going to waste that good coffee. It might not be good but still that guard might needed it.

Alex and Kelly are totally adopting that little girl, aren't they?
Yep, I definitely see them adopting Esme. I really like the idea of them adopting an alien child, they are uniquely qualified to raise an alien.

Last edited:
How cute, Nia killed her mom's dream image...

Good episode. I do like Alex and Kelly together. I will say, however, that the talk between Supergirl and Joey's brother... wasn't the greatest...

Another solid episode. That soapbox moment toward the end was as clunky and anvillicious as ever, but I enjoyed the rest. Alex and Kelly are totally adopting that kid.

Random thought, but while I was initially a little iffy about Andrea sticking around and seeming unnecessary, turns out I actually really like Kara finally having a boss that doesn't have a soft spot for her. Like, even Snapper was begrudgingly rooting for the girl while giving her a hard time throughout S2. But Andrea's the first boss who genuinely seems like she wouldn't hesitate to fire her if she got on her bad side and wouldn't give her a second thought, and I'm finding that whole dynamic refreshing.

This show really loves to reference Bruno Mannheim/Intergang, doesn't it? That's like the 3rd or 4th time they've done so, it feels like.

Random thought, but while I was initially a little iffy about Andrea sticking around and seeming unnecessary, turns out I actually really like Kara finally having a boss that doesn't have a soft spot for her. Like, even Snapper was begrudgingly rooting for the girl while giving her a hard time throughout S2. But Andrea's the first boss who genuinely seems like she wouldn't hesitate to fire her if she got on her bad side and wouldn't give her a second thought, and I'm finding that whole dynamic refreshing.
Andrea is a horrible boss in many ways, it's not ok to tell your employees they'll be fired if the company doesn't move up to number one on a ranking they have no control over. But yes it is good for Kara to have a boss that would fire her for a legitimate reason, like not doing her job because doing what your boss says is part of any job. Kara and Nia should take turns interviewing Supergirl and Dreamer about the same incident, that would at least make things more ethical. I guess Supergirl could record video message and Kara could deliver it to Andrea.

I always appreciated that Snapper did fire her for good reasons and that it wasn't resolved right away. Kara sincerely apologized to Snapper and helped him with a story without expecting to get her job back.

Nia's dreams were really the B or even C plot of this episode, so I don't think they should've called it Dream Weaver. Should've been something to do with being a guardian instead, which would've fit better with the overall theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"