The Flash Season 6x2: A Flash of the Lightning

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score

Faced with the news of his impending death, Barry's resiliency suffers as he struggles to fight fate; Cecile's career as a D.A. conflicts with her identity when she crosses paths with a villainous meta-human.

Last edited:
Good episode that counts down to crisis.

Pretty good episode. I liked each of the storylines and how they all sorta connected with one another. It felt organic and they just keep pushing Crisis here.

Hopefully we get more from Ramsey the next couple of episodes.

It was nice to see Michelle Harrison back, but part of me wishes it was Dr McGee, Amanda Pays, instead.

I missed Joe and Barry's talks and that was one of the better ones.

Overall I'm happy with how this season has started and looking forward to episode 3.

I quite enjoyed this episode. Was really great to see Jay again. Barry’s moments with his mom’s doppelgänger were nice. The mention of Jay losing his speed was interesting, wonder where they’re going to go with that. Crisis tease was awesome.

Barry and Joe’s talk was my favorite part. Liked that the writers pointed out the big issue of Cecile being the DA with her powers is an issue. Glad they’re moving her into a better role with all that.

You can definitely notice the change in how the writing team is being steered. Just the small differences between this and previous seasons, a lot of them for the better. Hoping the show can sustain it. I’m liking that they’re setting up multiple story threads that they can use as the season goes along outside of Bloodwork.

Solid start so far.

Also, I do find it funny how they still try to put a number to Barry's top speed because the "Flashtime" episode kind of contradicts anything they'll say. He's still not faster than light and the difference would be considerable, but 80x is not even remotely close. Last crossover he was running 2/3 of the speed of light. Granted, they also only called that Mach 7, so I know the CW writers and the science of speed don't really mix :hehe:

I hope Crisis creators Marv Wolfman and George Perez were happy with this one seeing that the episode was a tribute to that issue.

I enjoyed this one. I like how they’re actually making Flash/Barry the hero, instead of the team saving Flash. I hope they can keep this up. So far, the writing is much improved from the last 2 seasons.

So I guess Cisco becomes Vibe again based on the death scenes from them getting vaporized.

Like that he finally made Gideon. I think I'd prefer her talking and assisting in battle over Iris.

Another solid ep. This season's already off to a better start than last season, imo. :up:

I noticed the nod to Black Lightning when Ralph mentioned a secret organization that trained meta humans to be assassin, sounded like they were trained by the A.S.A.

So I guess Cisco becomes Vibe again based on the death scenes from them getting vaporized.
Barry did see multiple futures, so Cisco becoming Vibe again isn’t a guarantee; it’s a mere possibility.

Then again, everything we saw was on the basis of Barry dying, right? He’s obviously not going to die, thus what we saw won’t actually happen.

Kinda confused too that Barry can’t travel into the future anymore, considering he’s previously traveled beyond the point he was trying to get too...

So I watched the first two episodes of the The Flash and I'm actually like it, I haven't enjoyed watching The Flash this much since at least early season 3. It seems like Allegra (along with Chester P. Runk from the last episode) will probably be part of Team Flash and her powers is pretty cool. Most of all the characters were all doing something constructive in this episode and Cecile being a defensive attorny for metahumans is the right direction for this character. I'm starting to love Killer Frost, she's awesome.

I think The Flash is doing well with building up the hype for Crisis. The writers now seem to be understanding what made the show so good in the first place like in the first two seasons; it had so much heart.

Last edited:
I have to say...I’m in the minority here. These past couple episodes haven’t been doing much for me. Besides the CRISIS stuff (which wasn’t that present in 601), I can’t care much about what’s going on. And that’s partially not the new showrunner’s fault. I still can’t get behind Cecile, her powers, and her arc this episode with Allegra. I feel like they introduced Killer Frost and now they don’t know what to do with her. The whole Caitlin talking to herself (but talking to Frost) is something out of a Disney Channel Original movie. Ralph is somewhat likable but again the show and the cast just feels so bloated that it doesn’t feel like Barry’s story anymore. But back to it not being the new showrunner’s fault — there’s a lot of damage control to be done. A lot of clean up. And that can’t happen in one episode. The mistakes that S4 and S5 made such as Ralph, Cecile, and Frost — it’s not like they can get rid of them overnight. Narratively, it just won’t make sense. So they have to get to a place naturally where they feel right to leave. But then again, Wally was able to leave in about 1-2 episodes.

I don’t know, I’m still gonna watch next week’s but the magic of this show is gone. I was rewatching S1 episodes and it’s no competition. The quality has declined immensely. He was also hardly in the suit this past episode. My mom who’s the most casual viewer (who’s kept up here and there since S1) chimed in this episode and said “Man, what happened? There’s too many characters and a lot to keep track of now. And why does everyone have powers?” Anyone else feel the same?

Seeing Barry “die” like in the comics was pretty cool.

I like how Bloodwork’s experiments keep going not as planned.

I have to say...I’m in the minority here. These past couple episodes haven’t been doing much for me. Besides the CRISIS stuff (which wasn’t that present in 601), I can’t care much about what’s going on. And that’s partially not the new showrunner’s fault. I still can’t get behind Cecile, her powers, and her arc this episode with Allegra. I feel like they introduced Killer Frost and now they don’t know what to do with her. The whole Caitlin talking to herself (but talking to Frost) is something out of a Disney Channel Original movie. Ralph is somewhat likable but again the show and the cast just feels so bloated that it doesn’t feel like Barry’s story anymore. But back to it not being the new showrunner’s fault — there’s a lot of damage control to be done. A lot of clean up. And that can’t happen in one episode. The mistakes that S4 and S5 made such as Ralph, Cecile, and Frost — it’s not like they can get rid of them overnight. Narratively, it just won’t make sense. So they have to get to a place naturally where they feel right to leave. But then again, Wally was able to leave in about 1-2 episodes.

I don’t know, I’m still gonna watch next week’s but the magic of this show is gone. I was rewatching S1 episodes and it’s no competition. The quality has declined immensely. He was also hardly in the suit this past episode. My mom who’s the most casual viewer (who’s kept up here and there since S1) chimed in this episode and said “Man, what happened? There’s too many characters and a lot to keep track of now. And why does everyone have powers?” Anyone else feel the same?
Kind of, yeah. There are too many members on "Team Flash" and it's a little much that they pretty much all have powers. I never liked the idea of Cecile getting powers and now it looks like they're adding Allegra and possibly Chester? Not to mention the new "Wells"

Kind of, yeah. There are too many members on "Team Flash" and it's a little much that they pretty much all have powers. I never liked the idea of Cecile getting powers and now it looks like they're adding Allegra and possibly Chester? Not to mention the new "Wells"
Oh man. True. I hope that's not the case but wow, that's gonna be a LOT of characters. I just miss it being Cisco, Caitlin, Joe, and Wells. And that could be any Wells as I've enjoyed them all. Maybe Sherloque the least.

I don't get why they can't just write Caitlin/KF off or put them completely in background for someone else's story. Because, the story for them is sloppy and inconsistent. I would much rather get a story for Cisco or even Ralph. I'm not blaming Eric at all. He's just trying to do something with these characters, because the previous two showrunners messed up BIG TIME.

However, I can fault Eric for not remembering season 4. As people have been pointing out since the premiere, we were told that Killer Frost had a life back then. She went clubbing with Cisco and Ralph. She went to burning man. Okay, this woman knows how to socialize. I don't understand why they wrote her in this episode as if she has never done this. She's not a baby, yet that's what her story felt like. I can't believe how Andrew and Todd turned her character into a joke compared to season 3.

I just miss how they used to treat the supporting characters...

Well one thing the writers indicated in this episode is how fast barry actually is at this point in his life.

***He could not out run the ultra violate rays because all forms of EMF flow at a constant speed, whether it be radio waves, ultra violet rays, or light itself....they all travel at the same speed which is 186,282 miles per second...guidian says that he can't evade it because its 80 times faster than his top speed.

This means barry's current top speed is 2328.525 miles per second which equates to 8,382,690 miles per hour which also equats to Mach 10925.35784

Just to give an example when he first ran into the speed force and hit mach 1 and hit mach 2 and then went in....mach 2 is only 1522.4 miles per hour. Mach 59 is 44911 miles per hour....so according to math and conversion this would indicate barry is much faster than we think, basically mach 1 and 2 is slow walk for barry...his top speed is mach 10925.35784 or 2328.525 miles per second or 8,382,690 miles per hour. He does not move at the speed of light but he still has to the potential to move really fast according to guidian saying the speed of light is 80 times faster than his top speed.

Also, I do find it funny how they still try to put a number to Barry's top speed because the "Flashtime" episode kind of contradicts anything they'll say. He's still not faster than light and the difference would be considerable, but 80x is not even remotely close. Last crossover he was running 2/3 of the speed of light. Granted, they also only called that Mach 7, so I know the CW writers and the science of speed don't really mix :hehe:

read my post i broke it all down and yes the writers are so far off from the science that this is why continuity and some brains has to go behind the writing especially if science backs it up.

barry's top speed according to guidian is 80 times less than the speed of light which travels at 186,282 miles per second.

based on that his top speed is 2328.525 miles per second or 8,382,690 miles per hour. And NOT mach 7 LOL...the writers are so off it's ridiculous.

mach 10925.35784 is actually 8,382,690 miles per hour so they are off by over 10 thousand mach because mach 7 is only 5328.4 miles per hour BUT it's all based on the context they were referring to.

The only way I'm wrong is if the writers were implying but obviously did not make it clear that they were not referring to distance over time but top speed only....the other way to take what the writers were saying is top speed of light is 186, 282 miles per second and Barry's top speed is 2328.525 miles per second. Instead of giving us a tid bit of science of the speed of light per second they just vaguely hinted barry's top speed to have us figure it out ourselves.....IF we take Barry's speed per second and the writers are implying that Barry's top speed is 2328.525 miles per hour then that put barry's top speed is a little over Mach 3 because Mach 3 is 2283.62 miles per hour.

the major thing here is the number increases substatially from miles per hour and miles per second same thing if you converet speed of light into miles per hour the number is greatly larger than the 186,282 so either barry's top speed is just over mach 3 or much faster and we've yet seen him go anywhere close to that speed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"