The Flash Season 6x4: There Will Be Blood

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score

Barry's efforts to prepare Cisco for Crisis are derailed when Cisco schemes to save Barry's life instead. Meanwhile, Ramsey Rosso used his deadly new abilities to save his own life, while sacrificing his humanity in the process.

Last edited:
Well this got dark.

I know, right? Dark, but I love it. And this final scene outside between Joe and Barry is by far some of the best acting I've seen from Jesse L. Martin and Grant Gustin.

Wasn't a huge fan of this episode until the last 15-20 mins. I am really enjoying the Ramsey storyline, Sendhil Ramamurthy has been pretty good and the new Wells has been one of the best ones yet. I'm liking the dynamic between Ralph and Iris as well, their scenes together have been some of my favorites and they have some solid chemistry.

Only downside is I can't get totally invested into the Crisis storyline because chances are Barry isn't really going to die, so knowing that makes it a little hard to get emotionally invested.

Can we get Grant in the suit a little more often though? Seems like he's only really in it for the last "action scene" instead of like in earlier seasons where he was in it quite often.

It's a shame Barry's not actually gonna die because I'm loving all these character moments between him and the others, but it is a little frustrating knowing they probably won't mean a whole lot in the long run since COIE is coming so soon. Also, Barry being forced into the Speed Force at the end of Season 3 does kind of steal a little bit of thunder from him vanishing again lol

I'm liking the new Wells. Already better than Sherloque.

The Bloodwork stuff has been on point so far a well. Crazy how much an improvement over Cicada, so glad they're not stretching him out for a whole season. It's really helping the pacing of his character. We're getting a lot and quickly as opposed to a little spread out. Excited to see what's on the villain horizon after him if this consistency can be kept.

Tonally this season feels more indicative of season 2 which is nice. A little darker and more serious, but not forgetting its fair share of fun. Next week's episode looks like it should be cool.

Last edited:
Really have enjoyed this season so far. Ramsey's storyline has been very interesting. I think I'm enjoying Flash the most out of the current CW shows on at the moment.

It's a shame Barry's not actually gonna die because I'm loving all these character moments between him and the others, but it is a little frustrating knowing they probably won't mean a whole lot in the long run since COIE is coming so soon. Also, Barry being forced into the Speed Force at the end of Season 3 does kind of steal a little bit of thunder from him vanishing again lol

I'm liking the new Wells. Already better than Sherloque.

The Bloodwork stuff has been on point so far a well. Crazy how much an improvement over Cicada, so glad they're not stretching him out for a whole season. It's really helping the pacing of his character. We're getting a lot and quickly as opposed to a little spread out. Excited to see what's on the villain horizon after him if this consistency can be kept.

Tonally this season feels more indicative of season 2 which is nice. A little darker and more serious, but not forgetting its fair share of fun. Next week's episode looks like it should be cool.
The new showrunner has done a great job so far. This has a chance to be the best season since season 2, but I'm not going to get ahead of myself because season 4 started off strong too.

Really have enjoyed this season so far. Ramsey's storyline has been very interesting. I think I'm enjoying Flash the most out of the current CW shows on at the moment.
I only watch Flash and Supergirl now, but I'm definitely liking it the most of the two. Here's to another solid episode next week! :woo:

It's a shame Barry's not actually gonna die because I'm loving all these character moments between him and the others, but it is a little frustrating knowing they probably won't mean a whole lot in the long run since COIE is coming so soon.
You know, I’m still not entirely convinced of this. It really does depend on the merging of worlds and whether the Barry we know does die, but another Barry will take over; unaware to everyone except us viewers.

We at least know there’s going to be a Flash after Crisis, we just don’t know how or who (in the sense of a version of the character).

I haven't been enjoying S6 too much but "There Will Be Blood" was one of the stronger episodes I've seen out of this show in a LONG time. Why? Because the entire episode, most of it, revolved around......

Yes, you guessed it.

Barry! That's what this show has lost, is focus of the main character. Even the episode's B plot -- Nash/Wells and the macguffin -- was related to Barry (Barry wanting to "train Cisco for when he's gone). Ralph's story? About Barry. Cisco's? About Barry! The show is much more compelling -- especially with the premise that Barry is going to die -- when the story is revolved around him. Pretty much what S1 did.

Lastly, why else was this episode good? Because it didn't feature Cecile heavily and her extremely stupid, Disney Channel-esque powers. Oh my god..

I haven't been enjoying S6 too much but "There Will Be Blood" was one of the stronger episodes I've seen out of this show in a LONG time. Why? Because the entire episode, most of it, revolved around......

Yes, you guessed it.

Barry! That's what this show has lost, is focus of the main character. Even the episode's B plot -- Nash/Wells and the macguffin -- was related to Barry (Barry wanting to "train Cisco for when he's gone). Ralph's story? About Barry. Cisco's? About Barry! The show is much more compelling -- especially with the premise that Barry is going to die -- when the story is revolved around him. Pretty much what S1 did.

Lastly, why else was this episode good? Because it didn't feature Cecile heavily and her extremely stupid, Disney Channel-esque powers. Oh my god..
That was such a dumb decision to give Cecile those powers. One of my problems with this show is how a ton of the supporting cast seem to have powers, lessening Barry's importance. I hope Cisco doesn't get his powers back, but for some reason I think he might next week.

Anyone notice that one scene near the end, with all the characters in frame, is most likely an allusion to “The Last Supper”, a painting depicting Jesus with his disciples before his subsequent death on the cross/resurrection? That has to be intentional on the Eric Wallace’s part.

Knowing the painting’s significance, as well as where certain characters are positioned, wonder if it it could have any interesting implications for the second half of the season and what roles certain characters will play.

Can we get Grant in the suit a little more often though? Seems like he's only really in it for the last "action scene" instead of like in earlier seasons where he was in it quite often.

But that probably is the case at the moment as they might be trying to save on budget with the crossover coming up that is bound to be expensive and effects heavy.

Probably using some of the budget from the first half of this season plus whatever they would have used for the rest of Arrow’s season.

Considering how long they’ve been planning this, and that this is the last time Stephen Amell will be around, not to mention that they’re adapting one of the most infamous and influential comic book runs ever published, they’ll want to do it justice.

But that probably is the case at the moment as they might be trying to save on budget with the crossover coming up that is bound to be expensive and effects heavy.
I've heard Crisis has its own budget, but I'm not sure how true that is

I just thought the episode was ok.

I just thought the episode was ok.
That's what I thought up until the last 15-20 minutes. The hospital scene was well done imo and the talk between Barry and Joe was just fantastic.

Wasn't a huge fan of this episode until the last 15-20 mins. I am really enjoying the Ramsey storyline, Sendhil Ramamurthy has been pretty good and the new Wells has been one of the best ones yet. I'm liking the dynamic between Ralph and Iris as well, their scenes together have been some of my favorites and they have some solid chemistry.

Only downside is I can't get totally invested into the Crisis storyline because chances are Barry isn't really going to die, so knowing that makes it a little hard to get emotionally invested.

Do you expect Oliver Queen to actually die?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"