Arrow Season 7, Episode 12: "Emerald Archer"

Episode started off strong, was bringing me the feels with all the guest stars though some were wasted. Talk about perfect time to bring Roy back into the present but nah. It quickly went downhill as NTA took over with Lauricity, esp Laurel taking back seats. Dinah gets to save TAs asses from jail by outting herself as the BC.

For a 150th I of course expected more but this is Arrow and thsi is MG and they just always bring skyrocketing back down to Earth.

Oliver flipping off the camera in his mugshot...

I didn't mind this episode to be honest, though if they managed to get Willa (Thea) back for it, you'd have thought there was room for an introduction between her and Emiko (even though technically, they're not actually remotely related).

Was nice to see the team working together again though, and Barry's scene was a nice addition. Surprised Supergirl wasn't remotely mentioned though, especially as she's been on Earth-1, and
(presumably, before the events of Crisis, to which the flash forwards are after) she'd also play a role..

Edit: Forgot to say earlier too, but this is the second Arrowverse episode in as many weeks that referenced or showed Wayne Tech. The first was a Flash episode that has some Wayne Tech in a car, and now, on Arrow, we get some Wayne Tech in a suit; both utilized by villains. Bruce needs better security.

Last edited:
Yeah, definitely peppering the Wayne Tech around. I like that the documentary mentioned Batwoman and Gotham as well.

I thought it was a good ep, and a nice touch doing it partly as a documentary-style. Nice seeing everyone teaming up again to, though why none of them broke and ran as soon as the police showed up is a mystery. Able to fight and defeat a vigilante hunter the police can't stop, but always getting arrested...

Also nice to see Dinah using her Canary Cry. I had just been wondering why she wasn't using it when she popped out with it. Nice showing.

Could have used more Laurel.:D

And ending with another stupid flash-forward. :argh: I'm really hoping there is going to be some present day pay-off, cause if not all they end up doing is failing!

When was Barry's scene? I don't remember it.

I don't like documentary-style episodes. They always feel disjointed. At least it wasn't filmed like that the whole time.

Did the camera crew see who New Green Arrow was?

I wasnt a fan of them pitting Laurel against Vigilantes and they should've had her be the one to save the mayor instead of Dinah imo. They continually try to side track Laurel from being able to join the team.

When was Barry's scene? I don't remember it.
It was a very short segment where Barry (not the Flash) was being interviewed; was during the first third(?) of the episode.

Did the camera crew see who New Green Arrow was?
I think they saw Emiko, but I'm not sure whether they connected the dots.

It was a very short segment where Barry (not the Flash) was being interviewed; was during the first third(?) of the episode.

I think they saw Emiko, but I'm not sure whether they connected the dots.

Wasn't she dressed in green leather though?

Wasn't she dressed in green leather though?
Honestly, I don't remember, but even if she was, in the heat of the moment, and with everything else going on, they may not have realised what was right in front of them.

Honestly, I don't remember, but even if she was, in the heat of the moment, and with everything else going on, they may not have realised what was right in front of them.

That seems a bit unlikely though. The camera crew were accompanying them on a mission to go and rescue the kidnapped New Green Arrow, and then there's an unmasked woman lying on the floor injured dressed in green leather who they rescue. How can they not think that the person they rescued wasn't the object of Team Arrow's mission?

Weren't they even talking about her rather freely in front of the camera crew at the hospital? And the doctor also said that their green hooded friend had gone.

That seems a bit unlikely though. The camera crew were accompanying them on a mission to go and rescue the kidnapped New Green Arrow, and then there's an unmasked woman lying on the floor injured dressed in green leather who they rescue. How can they not think that the person they rescued wasn't the object of Team Arrow's mission?

Weren't they even talking about her rather freely in front of the camera crew at the hospital? And the doctor also said that their green hooded friend had gone.
You are right, though I wasn't aware they specifically documented the fact they were going to rescue The New Green Arrow so much so that they were going to rescue someone.

In any case, I doubt the revelation that she and Ollie are related has been relayed to them. As far as the press and public are concerned, she's likely just a copycat.

You are right, though I wasn't aware they specifically documented the fact they were going to rescue The New Green Arrow so much so that they were going to rescue someone.

In any case, I doubt the revelation that she and Ollie are related has been relayed to them. As far as the press and public are concerned, she's likely just a copycat.

They should've had the camera crew following them around for every little thing. We could see Oliver going to the toilet and the camera crew trying to go there, and Oliver shooing them away and asking if this part is really necessary to document.

On another note, how could they not have Lyla for this episode of all episodes? They got everyone else back but couldn't ask Audrey Marie Anderson? It's not like she's hard to get since she was even in the previous episode and many other episodes.

I also wouldn't have minded an interview clip of Tommy Merlin from a few years back.

On another note, how could they not have Lyla for this episode of all episodes? They got everyone else back but couldn't ask Audrey Marie Anderson? It's not like she's hard to get since she was even in the previous episode and many other episodes.

I also wouldn't have minded an interview clip of Tommy Merlin from a few years back.
There's loads of people they could have had back, but then it becomes too many. Moira (pre death), Tommy (pre death) Malcom (pre speculated death), Sara, Ray, Adrian Chase (pre death), the list is endless.

There's loads of people they could have had back, but then it becomes too many. Moira (pre death), Tommy (pre death) Malcom (pre speculated death), Sara, Ray, Adrian Chase (pre death), the list is endless.

They did have Sara in it. The others might be more difficult to get, but Lyla is usually recurring anyway so she wouldn't be hard.

They did have Sara in it. The others might be more difficult to get, but Lyla is usually recurring anyway so she wouldn't be hard.
I meant in an interview. Sara didn't give an interview, she was just shown kicking ash as Black Canary. I assumed we were specifically on about interview scenes here.

I meant in an interview. Sara didn't give an interview, she was just shown kicking ash as Black Canary. I assumed we were specifically on about interview scenes here.

Sara did give an interview. She talked about how people have lost someone they love, and that she lost her father. She was shown without her mask.

Sara did give an interview. She talked about how people have lost someone they love, and that she lost her father. She was shown without her mask.
Wow. Okay. I completely missed that. I remember Quentin and Laurel, but not Sara. :confused:

Well I don't remember Barry at all, so I completely missed him.
Hah, maybe different countries had different interview scenes? Wouldn't that be something? :p Maybe Australia or Canada got Tommy? ;)

Good ep though the fauxumentary thing has been done to death. Not a big fan of everyone being deputized, though. I imagine we are heading to an Avengers/Sokovia Accords future here.

With the lengths that shows often go to to keep speaking roles to a minimum, I'm surprised they even had the money for what they did. Maybe this week's budget would've been bigger if the extras for last episode's hostages had silent roles.

Who were the two kids at the end one looked like blackstar but the other one named conner don't get how he comes into the picture.

Who were the two kids at the end one looked like blackstar but the other one named conner don't get how he comes into the picture.

Most likely Olicitys daughter and as stated, Diggles son who is to ashamed of himself to use his real name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"