Arrow Season 7, Episode 15: "Training Day"

Does Police Chief Laurel still have her Canary Cry? I notice the scar looks a lot bigger here than in the FFs and I don't recall a scene portraying that.

EDIT - Never mind, I just compared scars.

EDIT EDIT - Never mind. Just surprised she never tested her voice after the slashing...

Last edited:
This episode just had to many plots that certain moments couldnt breathe properly. Majority of the future scene could've been cut and just leave us with the last part, expand on the Dinah plot (sure, even she's annoyed me this season but the one plot that should've gotten somewhat decent screen time was her recovering and dealing with her cry, or at least have her crossover to The Flash to do so) or the Slabside plot or TA not fitting in well with SCPD.

Putting TA with SCPD wasnt a wise choice when all you do is making the cops look like utter idiots who might as well be new at their job because they cant even do their jobs. There should be at least a co-captain since Dinah is playing Black Canary again...like...your squad sucks so hanging out with the cool kids isnt going to help the cops that will be around forever get any better.

Nice to Bronze Tiger back and getting to interact with Laurel who in turns also gets to interact with Emiko! She knows how to spy so it would've been nice to see her at least somewhat confirming her suspicions that Emiko cooked the "dragon" though I was disappointed that it wasnt Laurel who did the deed.

Interesting that Conner is Turner’s son. I think that’s a pretty cool twist.

They always dumb up the cops too much. Also didn't like Oliver forcing a confession. By this point he must know that confessions under 'duress' are not admissible in court. In fact, he should have been charged with assault, as you would expect any officer doing the same would be.

But when seeing it happen, I was just assuming that Arrowverse logic would come into play if they ran with it without repercussions.

The FF scenes were a waste. "Let's go to this dangerous black market and deal with shady, criminal underworld types to get that mini-tape player!"o_O I did like them using obsolescence to protect the information though.

Interesting that Conner is Turner’s son. I think that’s a pretty cool twist.
I’ve found Arrowverse Wiki to be a helpful refresher in terms of obscure details or various plot convolutions. But said Wiki can’t (yet) make sense of the “Connor Hawke” situation. :cwink:

There was a LoT episode (“Star City 2046”) wherein an adult John Jr. explains he now goes by the name Connor Hawke (who’s yet another incarnation of Green Arrow). And John Jr./Connor is played by Joseph David-Jones. But there’s debate as to whether this is an actual future timeline or an alternative/erased one.

More recently, in the Arrow flash-forwards, Connor Hawke informs us that he’s the adopted son of John Diggle. So not (apparently) a John Jr. at all. :huh:

Therefore… at some point, it appears that John and Lyla will take in a juvenile Connor Turner (son of Ben Turner, aka Bronze Tiger) and raise him as their second child.

Somewhat confusingly, however, the adult version of this Connor Hawke (in the flash-forwards) is also played by Joseph David-Jones. o_O :shrug:

They always dumb up the cops too much. Also didn't like Oliver forcing a confession. By this point he must know that confessions under 'duress' are not admissible in court. In fact, he should have been charged with assault, as you would expect any officer doing the same would be.

But when seeing it happen, I was just assuming that Arrowverse logic would come into play if they ran with it without repercussions.

The FF scenes were a waste. "Let's go to this dangerous black market and deal with shady, criminal underworld types to get that mini-tape player!"o_O I did like them using obsolescence to protect the information though.

As I've said in previous posts, this show's plot point use of local/federal law enforcement and the legal/judiciary system do not resemble anything close to actual reality.

The laws in the Arrowverse would not survive in the real world!

I’ve found Arrowverse Wiki to be a helpful refresher in terms of obscure details or various plot convolutions. But said Wiki can’t (yet) make sense of the “Connor Hawke” situation. :cwink:

There was a LoT episode (“Star City 2046”) wherein an adult John Jr. explains he now goes by the name Connor Hawke (who’s yet another incarnation of Green Arrow). And John Jr./Connor is played by Joseph David-Jones. But there’s debate as to whether this is an actual future timeline or an alternative/erased one.

More recently, in the Arrow flash-forwards, Connor Hawke informs us that he’s the adopted son of John Diggle. So not (apparently) a John Jr. at all. :huh:

Therefore… at some point, it appears that John and Lyla will take in a juvenile Connor Turner (son of Ben Turner, aka Bronze Tiger) and raise him as their second child.

Somewhat confusingly, however, the adult version of this Connor Hawke (in the flash-forwards) is also played by Joseph David-Jones. o_O :shrug:

I blame Barry/Nora for screwing up the timeline

The best part of this episode was Laurel discovering the truth about Diaz's death and interacting with Ben Turner and Emiko. Those scenes were very interesting. The other plotlines in this episode were sort of hit-or-miss. It was hard for me to remain consistently interested in the other plotlines for the duration of the episode because they tended to meander and drag. But Laurel's scenes were dope, so that was good.

Thing is, we know now that everything they're planning (Oliver/Felcity et al) is coming to naught, so it's just the interest in watching a slow-mo train wreck. Their's no upbeat thread (at least for me) to do more than watch out of a sense of momentum...

So, Connor is Bronze Tiger's son

Why didn't Laurel go straight to Oliver instead of confronting Emiko?

And why does Oliver still speak with his silly voice (as if he's using a voice changer) when he's not even wearing a mask anymore? Does no-one tell him how silly he sounds?

What if Felicity has a boy in the present or decides not to call her baby Mia? Then it won't line up with the flash forwards. They should do that.

Why didn't Laurel go straight to Oliver instead of confronting Emiko?

And why does Oliver still speak with his silly voice (as if he's using a voice changer) when he's not even wearing a mask anymore? Does no-one tell him how silly he sounds?

What if Felicity has a boy in the present or decides not to call her baby Mia? Then it won't line up with the flash forwards. They should do that.
I think an episode description hints that she goes to him in the episode after Star City 2040.

Personally, I don't find it silly. It certainly sounds better than Cicada, and even than Bale's Batman.

Why would they do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"